4Th of July at River Market

PETDCAT

Agree! Very well done! Great party, great music, and great food! I really liked that the band started playing again after the fireworks and kept playing well into the night as we kept drinking!

I had a great time and can't wait to do it again next year!

-Mestizo

Isn't it amazing how this topic hasn't turned into a mud-throwingfest, like post about 4th of July parties have in previous years? Maybe has something to do with the price -- the people who expect something for nothing and complain when they don't get it weren't able to come.

Hubby and I had a great time. Very well done and organized. As always, the toilets at River Market were spotless and Dave seems to have an employee whose entire job is to keep the toilets clean. She does a great job. (Those who know me, know access to clean toilets when you're eating and others are preparing food is important)

Food superb -- all the 4th of July classics and the supply seemed to be endless.

One small suggestion Dave -- the plastic cutlery was flimsy and it was difficult to cut the sausage or eat a hamburger without a bun. I know you may not have enough of the real stuff to use with this big a group, so next time I'll just bring my own cutlery. Not a big deal and certainly didn't reduce the value of the evening for us.

Edited by NancyL

I can say that it was a great time and the staff did a fabulous job. Lots of great food. The kids loved the games and the ice cream and candy bar. The craft beers went well as did the Budweiser. The bands and the musicians were fantastic and the magician was entertaining. The Thai police were working and kept the security tight. This year we did the fireworks on the opposite bank of the river and it worked out well.

I've been saying for years that most of the problems from these types of events is that they cost money to produce and if you try and do it for a low price that it creates the problems. This was by far the best event that we have ever held at The River Market and I personally had more fun watching everyone really enjoy themselves than I have had in years.

Thanks to all who attended.

On another note if anyone has any beverage tickets left they can come by The Duke's and trade them in for Arizona Teas, Budweiser or any of the craft beers that are left. Bud and Arizona Teas are 1 ticket and the American craft beers from Beervana are 2 tickets. We have a lot left so please use up your tickets.

Dave

Edited by theDukes

On another note if anyone has any beverage tickets left they can come by The Duke's and trade them in for Arizona Teas, Budweiser or any of the craft beers that are left. Bud and Arizona Teas are 1 ticket and the American craft beers from Beervana are 2 tickets. We have a lot left so please use up your tickets.

Generous offer, but what kind of sick freak would not drink their full allotment at a 4th of July party?

• Like 1