Nine Years On , It Has Happened

ozzydom

Whew! bet thats a relief ! clap2.gif but you should have done the right thing and waited another 7 yrs for them to connect. thumbsup.gif

Jeez mate,I would be 81 in 7 years,the way the body parts are degenerating I doubt I will be able to see the keyboard .
  • Like 1

I have been waiting 8 years up here near Mae Wong for a phone line.

However in December 2011 TOT put in a wireless link and my mate next door went on line.

I followed in January 2012 and it is OK for more than 90% of the time but is still interuppted by power outs and it went down for 5 days in May as a lightning strike took out the receiver head around 6 pm on a Friday night and nobody looked at it over the weekend, only 5 users and 3 of them are farang.

However in December 2011 TOT put in a wireless link and my mate next door went on line.

I followed in January 2012 and it is OK for more than 90% of the time but is still interuppted by power outs and it went down for 5 days in May as a lightning strike took out the receiver head around 6 pm on a Friday night and nobody looked at it over the weekend, only 5 users and 3 of them are farang.

You lucky guys! biggrin.png I've been waiting 9 years with lots of promises, but still no light in the tunnel bah.gif

OMG were are you guys living exactly? These numbers are really scary 5-8-9 years! I can't survive a week without internet! I live with internet, work with internet, study with internet...facepalm.gif

I'll be moving there in 2 months. Maybe BKK maybe Phuket. Considering my situation, which places would you suggest me keep away from? unsure.png

Btw, why did you choose to live in a village?!ermm.gif

Oh I hope TOT is better where you live then where we live. We had TOT for about 4 months and it disconnected about every 5 minutes. Finally 3BB came to our community and the service is much better. Still ADSL but at least it stays on. I don't understand why Thailand hasn't put in real cable.

I heard from one of my Thai friends that CTH which is selling cable tv service now is going to offer 50mbps internet on cable at a very low price soon. I hope that's true!

What is ADSL What is the Internet I don't have a lot of time to read the papers much since I am always busy on the Farm I was thinking of installing a telephone but

there is a phone but down the road in the village

Oh I did see some TV the other day wow what an invention Maybe time to trade in the radio

Have to think about it a bit though

• Like 1

I'll be moving there in 2 months. Maybe BKK maybe Phuket. Considering my situation, which places would you suggest me keep away from?

If Internet is that important for you and nothing Else matters. You Will be fine both places :)

I'll be moving there in 2 months. Maybe BKK maybe Phuket. Considering my situation, which places would you suggest me keep away from?

If Internet is that important for you and nothing Else matters. You Will be fine both places smile.png

So both cities are fully covered, right?

Gratulations everyone; welcome to the 20th Century!smile.png

21st i think youl find sir,,,,,,,

I don't know where you're from, but I know I got my first ADSL line back in the 20th century, so I think you'll find it was intentional.

Personally, I'm thinking if they ran new cable all the way to your farmhouse, you should have checked how much more it would have been for fibre.

• Like 1

If Internet is that important for you and nothing Else matters. You Will be fine both places Posted Image

More or less

Speed and network latency is another thing though. Dont expect western standards, but its not unusable

post-168338-13730299921438_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

If Internet is that important for you and nothing Else matters. You Will be fine both places smile.png

More or less

Speed and network latency is another thing though. Dont expect western standards, but its not unusable

I don't come from a western country, so I won't expect western standard. For me even a reliable and stable 1 mbps connection is enough. But I can't afford regular disconnects and interrupts! That's why I have to stay away from a wireless connection and stick with a wired one.

If Internet is that important for you and nothing Else matters. You Will be fine both places Posted Image

More or less

I don't come from a western country, so I won't expect western standard. For me even a reliable and stable 1 mbps connection is enough. But I can't afford regular disconnects and interrupts! That's why I have to stay away from a wireless connection and stick with a wired one.

Stability has nothing to do with fixed Lines vs wireless

But you could combine it.

Anyway look at true's HomePage for Info About This

Stability has nothing to do with fixed Lines vs wireless

Actually it has, because of additional parameters like signal quality, weather conditions, router problems, ...

Trust me, I'm an engineer biggrin.png

Anyway, thanks for the advice about True.

I was having problems with streaming and keeping a good connection on my 2mb TOT/True line when I discovered this gem of a website. I apologize if you know about this already given your background, but this tweak helped a lot with my WIN7 computer. Before I made the changes I was dropping packets left and right and now a pingtest.net check gives me 0% dropped packets. I still get variable broadband speeds, but at least streaming has improved dramatically.

http://www.speedguide.net/articles/windows-7-vista-2008-tweaks-2574

Make sure you keep the receipt of your connection. The wifi connector only has a 1 year warranty. After that it will cost you 4,000baht for a replacement.

• Like 1

stability has nothing to do with fixed Lines vs wireless

Actually it has, because of additional parameters like signal quality, weather conditions, router problems, ...

Trust me, I'm an engineer biggrin.png

Let's just hope that when you get an outage on your fixed line and you call customer service that they will choose to prioritize your support ticket instead of the local wireless which gives them hundreds of complains from mobile users including the local police officer.

In real world 1+1 not always equals to 10

Just get a wireless as backup, not very expensive

I was having problems with streaming and keeping a good connection on my 2mb TOT/True line when I discovered this gem of a website. I apologize if you know about this already given your background, but this tweak helped a lot with my WIN7 computer. Before I made the changes I was dropping packets left and right and now a pingtest.net check gives me 0% dropped packets. I still get variable broadband speeds, but at least streaming has improved dramatically.

http://www.speedguide.net/articles/windows-7-vista-2008-tweaks-2574

Wow! No Shiet, I just tried the settings from this page and it is like I have a new computer! Thanks for the tip I never would have thought to search for network tuning and instead just assumed the poor internet speed was due to the ADSL connection.

what - only 50 THB to connect the external to the internal?

my bunch in Pattaya wanted 1000 THB to do that

and the cable was the other side of the soi.

did it myself in the end.

not quite legal and they made problems later but it worked great

i don't see that being down the end of a cable could affect signal speed - signal strength maybe.

good luck with your new internet connection.

Oh I hope TOT is better where you live then where we live. We had TOT for about 4 months and it disconnected about every 5 minutes. Finally 3BB came to our community and the service is much better. Still ADSL but at least it stays on. I don't understand why Thailand hasn't put in real cable.

I heard from one of my Thai friends that CTH which is selling cable tv service now is going to offer 50mbps internet on cable at a very low price soon. I hope that's true!

When & where to CTH start selling their service and begin there TV cable installation, I know several people particular farangs

who did contact CTH by phone in order to get installation matters moving, but CTH responds was > we don't know yet <.

What is known about it now ? ...