Birth Registration

Hiya All

my first error with the British Embassy or theirs more to the point!

The embassy staff advised me as I am in the U.K, that it would be ok for my wife to take along photocopys of my passport with my Birth Certificate to the Embassy for Birth Registraion and 1st passport.

Now they have said they want my passport, photocopys no good! <deleted> :D

Whats up with that and do I have to pay another 60 quid just to mail my passport now because of bad advice?

Not a Happy Lop :o

Edited by lopburiguy

I wouldn't mail your passport to Thailand. Phone them and ask if a certified copy will suffice. If they agree, then do just that and send the embassy that copy.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Hiya Scouse

I recieved an email from the embassy stating in this instance photocopys of my passport would be suffice. I have mailed the missus a copy of this to print out and take to the embassy will that be ok...or will I have to get certified copies sent over. Also I have mailed the embassy with a copy of this earlier email advising me wrongly....

Thanks for your Reply Lop :o

Edited by lopburiguy

The trouble with sending your missus to the embassy is that she might have to make several fruitless trips before she gets anywhere. I'd e-mail the embassy explaining that they told you a passport copy is OK, so why is it not now OK? Depending upon their answer, you can ask whether they will accept a certified copy.

Scouse.