The ins and outs of living in Thailand

webfact

thailand is not the land of smile ,no sir .....today .... it is the land who use foreigners to make money.

thats it.and we are so stupid that we let them doing it.....well not me..!

they dont understand us, and they dont like us or the way we are, especially the high society who make the rules.

i leaved there long enough to see and feel that for sure.

in my opinion we should aplicate exactly the same rules to them when they go to our country ,instead of giving them visas, help for free, money for free, hospital care for free etc and etc for free....coffee1.gif ... but we are democratic..thats the diference!

i hope one day they will realise they are wrong and change their visa regulation ! and during that time i would say to all new people who want to go to live to thailand .... to choose another country, because in my opinion,.... thailand, today is not worth it sad.png

Why do you stay, thenpassifier.gif

Thought it wasn't going to be long before we got one of these replies, originality at its finest!!!!!... yawwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!

You know why he stays?? Cause he can!!!!

sure... ok. his words not mine.........quote.."because in my opinion,.... thailand, today is not worth it"

there surely must be at least one reason he stays. I would love to hear it....... I think its not a bad place to retire..... yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thailand is not the land of smile ,no sir .....today .... it is the land who use foreigners to make money.

they dont understand us, and they dont like us or the way we are, especially the high society who make the rules.

in my opinion we should aplicate exactly the same rules to them when they go to our country ,instead of giving them visas, help for free, money for free, hospital care for free etc and etc for free....coffee1.gif ... but we are democratic..thats the diference!

i hope one day they will realise they are wrong and change their visa regulation ! and during that time i would say to all new people who want to go to live to thailand .... to choose another country, because in my opinion,.... thailand, today is not worth it sad.png

Why do you stay, thenpassifier.gif

Thought it wasn't going to be long before we got one of these replies, originality at its finest!!!!!... yawwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!

sure... ok. his words not mine.........quote.."because in my opinion,.... thailand, today is not worth it"

there surely must be at least one reason he stays. I would love to hear it....... I think its not a bad place to retire..... yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Then PM him or go have a beer together and find out if your so interested.

Edited by Straight8

Now, back to the topic...which is, "The Ins and outs of living in Thailand" I have been here only a year, and find it much more exciting than living in my own country. However, I have read many disgruntled posts that say :

"i would say to all new people who want to go to live to thailand .... to choose another country, because in my opinion,.... thailand, today is not worth it sad.png"

My question is a fair one....."Why do these people stay?". It would be interesting to know, so that I may not also, at one point in the future, regret my decision to move here. I dislike the cold weather, high cost of living, rude drivers (USA), rat race, ObamaCare, IRS, NSA, and lack of clean beaches in my homeland. So I moved here. I read many, many posts of people that suggest that I have made a grievous, lifetime decision making error by moving here. These people continue to live here, however. Perhaps they are bound to the land, or have financial difficulties that make it difficult to leave....and they are suffering in their choice of staying. I would wonder to myself, would it be better, as well, to forsake Thailand and move back to Obamaland?????? Why are they staying??? These people that hate Thailand....? A fair question, methinks

The same reason people stay in any given country at any given time. Jobs, family, business, financial situation etc etc... no one size fits all here slick!!! Some will stay a bit longer, some will leave and never return and some will make a life here.

My advice to people thinking of moving here, is do a lot of research, [thaivisa forums are a wealth of information] and do not think this place is the utopia you're looking for. Just look at the poor guy who got slashed to bits last saturday over a taxi fare dispute for 51 baht or the beatings many farangs have copped by the tuk-tuk mafia as one example.

Like any country in the world Thailand is not all bad, and there are some advantages over living in the west, but don't be fooled thinking this is the place is heaven on earth to retire & live happily ever after, you may find out its far from it.

When I first came here, I was one of these people who was taken in by all the smiles. Live here a while and your learn what its really all about.

• Like 1

The same reason people stay in any given country at any given time. Jobs, family, business, financial situation etc etc... no one size fits all here slick!!! Some will stay a bit longer, some will leave and never return and some will make a life here.

My advice to people thinking of moving here, is do a lot of research, [thaivisa forums are a wealth of information] and do not think this place is the utopia you're looking for. Just look at the poor guy who got slashed to bits last saturday over a taxi fare dispute for 51 baht or the beatings many farangs have copped by the tuk-tuk mafia as one example.

Like any country in the world Thailand is not all bad, and there are some advantages over living in the west, but don't be fooled thinking this is the place is heaven on earth to retire & live happily ever after, you may find out its far from it.

When I first came here, I was one of these people who was taken in by all the smiles. Live here a while and your learn what its really all about.

Fair enough. (slick??)