Vacuum Cleaners in Chiang Mai?

AgentOkeyDokey

I need a good vacuum cleaner for my dust allergies and general home cleaning. Where is a good place to purchase a quality one in CM? I assume Robinson's but you know what assuming does. Also I am open to any suggestions concerning good quality models/units and sales locations. I really like rainbow vacuums. And I should have brought mine with me. I priced one on the phone with a Bangkok distributor. And the 3000USD price tag didn't go down well. I could perhaps go eBay and get a secondhand unit. And that is what I am thinking about.

Edited by AgentOkeyDokey

The electronic department "Sahapanich" part of the "Toyoto Lanna company have a fair selection of it.

Where is that at?

Sahapanish is on "Chotana Road" inside the ground of Toyota car sales, when entering the ground of Toyota Lanna Sahapanish is

on the right hand side opposite the Toyota showroom, it is part of the Toyota company which was previous also called Sahapanish,

but has changed the name of the car section to Toyota "Lanna"

There is one general problem regarding vacuum cleaners at least at Sahaphanit/Niomphanit: The bags (aside from the 3 or 5 bags you get with the cleaner) are deemed to be spare parts and are usually not in stock; so you have to order them at the spare part dept. and go a second time to pick them up.

In case you try to be smart and thus order more than one pack at the same time your vacuum cleaner will probably irreparably sigh out its soul before you have used up the first pack ... Of course you won't buy the same model again and will throw away all the remaining bags.

Edited by rebo

I need a good vacuum cleaner for my dust allergies and general home cleaning. Where is a good place to purchase a quality one in CM? I assume Robinson's but you know what assuming does. Also I am open to any suggestions concerning good quality models/units and sales locations. I really like rainbow vacuums. And I should have brought mine with me. I priced one on the phone with a Bangkok distributor. And the 3000USD price tag didn't go down well. I could perhaps go eBay and get a secondhand unit. And that is what I am thinking about.

Correction the Rainbow vacuum in Bkk is 2200 usd. FYI A second hand on eBay costs 500 usd. About 300usd for shipping. Plus there will be import duty and taxes fees.

Edited by AgentOkeyDokey

• 5 months later...
About a month ago I bought a corded portable vacuum cleaner from Central, 3rd floor, Kad Suan Kaew. So far it's been good, very powerful for such a small size. It came with a lot of attachments so I can use it to clean my floor while hanging the vacuum from my shoulder. No bags just a filter so no worry about future replacements.

It's a Mamaru Turbo 700W and cost 794 baht including Vat. The cord is 4.6 m. I can't really comment on reliability especially for heavy use but as of now I'm happy with the purchase.