Best Sim card to use as mobile hotspot ? and can I use USB doogle as hotspot ?

Hi

Here is what i would like to do if possible , unlimited data for each month would be great ,

Buy a Thai sim card and use it for a hot spot inside the apartment in BKK to run computer , iPad and iphone on wifi

Can I power the USB doogle with a USB power adapter plugged into a wall socket ?

I would think that 3g would be best , but not sure if a data only Sim is available.

Thanks for your ideas ,

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to share a 3G connection locally via WiFi among more than one device, then you'll need a device which supports that application. A smartphone can support this applicaition as can the family of devices known as MiFi and 3G routers. Some 3G routers accept a USB aircard, like the one you have while others accept a SIM directly. MiFi devices accept a SIM directly.

Re: the service provider, you'll have to experiment to see what is available in your location, along with which has the type of plan you require.

http://www.totalaircard.com/categories/3G-Router/

Thanks, I just figured an Air card could also broadcast,

The apartment wants 600b a month for WiFi , but there are 2-3 devises that would use it....

the airCard is nice when you are out of the apartment , but the 2gb 3G data or so that you get before getting kicked back to Edge speeds would get eaten up pretty quick

I might just have to look around for a cheap phone that can also be a MiFi......

If you call up ToT they have an unlimited 3G plan. The speed is capped at 2mbps but it'll be a lot better than the other providers after you reach their speed cap.

I believe their loadUnlimited package is 890 baht per month.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app