Small black snake's

happynthailand

have 3 birds,thought I had pictures of the other 2 birds,can't find them.if you what can post pic's in morning

the black one can tatk,and the 2 brown ones are working on talking

the brown one are local birds you see them every where,got them when they were small.

post-156436-0-55205600-1373297617_thumb.

Edited by happynthailand

have 3 birds,thought I had pictures of the other 2 birds,can't find them.if you what can post pic's in morning

the brown one are local birds you see them every where,got them when they were small.

Happy. You don"t need a worming tablet or 3, do you ????? ( Joke)

Are those bird Asia Minors,, if they are they will eat anything meaty, in Australia they are killing the native birds and small mammals and are real pests, you are lucky they eat the snakes, hope the bigger ones stay away,,,

its a asian minor bird yes they talk and whistle a lot very good at mimicking

Looks like a snake called "ngoo din" (spelt phonetically to the best of my ability) which is very venomous. They are very similar to the blind snake but totally black

"ngoo din" is the thai word for "blind snake"

As far as I am aware, din means dirt. Thus Dirtsnake.

Also, pretty sure this snake is NONvenemous.

Edited by Dap

Are those bird Asia Minors,, if they are they will eat anything meaty, in Australia they are killing the native birds and small mammals and are real pests, you are lucky they eat the snakes, hope the bigger ones stay away,,,

Common Indian Myna Birds (Pest in Australia)

Looks like a snake called "ngoo din" (spelt phonetically to the best of my ability) which is very venomous. They are very similar to the blind snake but totally black

Not quite right (Thai name), left off the word bahn or house. The link I posted earlier and another poster points out the snake type, Thai name and that it is not venomous. http://www.thailandsnakes.com/non-venomous/brahminy-blind-snake-non-venomous-not-dangerous/

Defensive Behavior: Trying to get away. The mouth is too small to inflict a bite on humans.

Venom Toxicity: No venom or means to inject it.

No, I think it is an asian Miner bird, named for it,s penchant for digging holes in the ground and burying lame ornithologists :)

No, I think it is an asian Miner bird, named for it,s penchant for digging holes in the ground and burying lame ornithologists smile.png

Thailand Mynah Birds

The birds are Common Mynahs. Some fool introduced them into Australia, and the current generation is paying the price.

(Asia Minor, BTW, is the old (very old) name for Turkey (no, not the bird, you twit)).

BTW, smile.png not too sure that Asia Minor is the old or veryold name for Turkey. It is more of a geographic region than a National territory. It includes that part of modern Turkey which is in Asia, but also some parts of adjacent National territories.

anyway . . . back to snakes................

Edited by attento

The birds...Common myna's. All over Southeast Asia...Mildly nuisance & can be very obnoxious. Food

on your plate thieves. Can be taught to speak in many languages. They have a larger relative which

loves fruit...yellow in colour with bright orange beaks. Some black feathers on em too. I call em Major

Mynas.

The snakes...Either the Blind Snake or Brahminy Blind Snake (one in the same?).

kinda hard to tell from the photo but I get em around my home also. Birds seem to

love em.

The thailandsnakes.com is an excellent website and the guy is good people.

I don't think this is a snake at all. It looks like a caecilian — a legless amphibian. They're completely harmless to humans, living mostly in the soil and feeding on insects and other small invertebrates. They're probably finding their way into your home because of excessive ground water.

Check:

http://www.google.co.th/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=572&q=caecilian&oq=caecilian&gs_l=img.1.0.0l10.1229.3517.0.9348.9.9.0.0.0.0.218.1378.1j6j2.9.0....0...1ac.1.19.img.6SYKhDKL3X8

for images

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caecilian

for information.