Phuket: 14-year-old son returns home to find mum sexually assaulted and murdered

webfact

14-year-old son returns home to find mum sexually assaulted and murdered
Eakkapop Thongtub

1373345086_1.jpg
Prayat Pawaphuwanun, pictured here, was raped and murdered last night. Photo: Phuket Police

PHUKET: -- A 28-year-old Thai man, Anan Mahasin, was arrested after 6pm last night (July 8) for the murder of his mother-in-law in her home in Thalang.

The 14-year-old son of Prayat Pawaphuwanun, 50, returned home to find the half naked body of his dead mother lying on the bed in their house. She is believed to have been raped and murdered.

Pol Lt Col Kittipom Tin-thalang, of Thalang Police, said police believe Mrs Prayat was strangled by a piece of electric cable, which was found on the floor in her room.

Lt Col Kittipom said Mrs Prayat’s husband became concerned when she did not answer his phone calls. He asked their son to go visit the house, and he returned home to find his dead mother.

Deputy Superintendent of Thalang Police Station, Pol Lt Col Amnuay Kraiwutthianun, told The Phuket News this morning (July 9) that investigators questioned her 28-year-old son-in-law, Anan Mahasin.

“First he denied everything, but later admitted the murder. With regard to the rape, we are still questioning him,” Lt Col Amnuay said.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-14-year-old-son-returns-home-to-find-mum-raped-killed-40728.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-07-09

“First he denied everything, but later admitted the murder. With regard to the rape, we are still questioning him,” Lt Col Amnuay said.

Well he confessed the crime , so obviously he will confessed the rape .... Terrible news , poor woman and poor son who discovered her body , this is shocking at any level.

UPDATE:

Phuket man confesses to suffocating ‘nagging’ mother-in-law
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: A man who suffocated his mother-in-law after an argument in Phuket confessed to the killing several hours after the horrific encounter.

The body of Prayad Phawaphutanon, 50, was found half-clothed and lying on her bed by her 14-year-old son when he returned from school yesterday evening, said Thalang Police Superintendent Sirisak Wasasiri today.

“After finding his mother dead in bed, he called his father and his father reported it to us,” Col Sirisak said.

Mrs Prayad’s son-in-law Anun Mahasit, 28, confessed to police that he had killed her in a fit of rage after she had insulted him for not having a job.

Mr Anun came under police suspicion after neighbors reported hearing the pair arguing earlier in the morning.

“We assumed that the murderer had to be someone close to the family, since he was able to walk in and out of the house freely,” Col Sirisak said.

Mr Anun was asked to come to the station for questioning.

“We found scratches from finger nails on his arm, and were quickly able to secure a confession from him,” Col Sirisak said.

After having sent his wife to work, Mr Anun said that he walked past Mrs Prayad’s house. At the time she was wearing a shirt and a sarong wrapped around her waist and was washing dishes.

“When she saw me, she started to hurl insults at me again about not having a job and about stealing valuables from her house. I was furious,” Mr Anun said. “I followed her inside the house – she didn’t notice me.”

Mr Anun explained that once inside, he followed Mrs Prayed into the bedroom. He then ripped the sarong from her waist and wrapped it around her neck, pushing her face down into the bed.

“I pressed her head into the pillow until she was dead,” Mr Anun said.

Police made it clear that there were no signs of sexual assault on Mrs Prayad’s body.

“After that, I went to my friend’s house in Thalang. My wife called me at about 6pm to pick her up from work and told me about the death of her mother. I pretended not to know anything about it until I was invited down to the station for questioning,” Mr Anun said.

Mr Anun has been charged for the murder of Mrs Prayad, Col Sirisak said.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-man-confesses-to-suffocating-nagging-mother-in-law-21586.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-07-09

When she saw me, she started to hurl insults at me again about not having a job and about stealing valuables from her house. I was furious,

That's probably a good enough excuse to get off with a "slap on the wrist".