Need to renew passport

My passport has no blank pages so I am returning to the UK to renew

I have a one year O visa valid until March 2014

Do I need a new visa or can I show the visa in the cancelled passport and my new passport?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You are talking about a multi entry non immigrant O visa issued by a Thai Consulate outside of Thailand? If yes you will have to show that old passport/visa to continue using it - but you will be stamped on the new valid passport. Be sure UK does not damage the actual visa. The safe way is to renew while in Thailand as they never get a chance to damage it as you just send copies.

No you can not - you submit paperwork to Hong Kong and they order from the UK for shipment direct to you here. Takes about 3 week in all so be sure to have enough time on current entry. Full information is on UK web site (Google - or use link from Embassy web site). You being in Thailand are exempt from sending current passport as required to have at all times so just copies are sent.

No you can not - you submit paperwork to Hong Kong and they order from the UK for shipment direct to you here. Takes about 3 week in all so be sure to have enough time on current entry. Full information is on UK web site (Google - or use link from Embassy web site). You being in Thailand are exempt from sending current passport as required to have at all times so just copies are sent.

Follow the step-by-step guide at https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

Be warned, however, obtaining acceptable photos for new UK passports in Thailand is, in my experience, an uphill struggle. The overwhelming majority of professional photographers here insist on taking mug shots against blue or white backgrounds which are definite no-noes as far as HMPO are concerned.

Be warned, however, obtaining acceptable photos for new UK passports in Thailand is, in my experience, an uphill struggle. The overwhelming majority of professional photographers here insist on taking mug shots against blue or white backgrounds which are definite no-noes as far as HMPO are concerned.

Also be warned the last time a friend of mine did this he was told by HGK that they can only accept payment by using a credit card and he only uses debit cards so he had to get his brother in the UK to pay on his behalf. It may have changed since but best to check it out if you don't have a CC.

Also be warned the last time a friend of mine did this he was told by HGK that they can only accept payment by using a credit card and he only uses debit cards so he had to get his brother in the UK to pay on his behalf. It may have changed since but best to check it out if you don't have a CC.

You can also pay by bankers draft.

Edited by lopburi3
Correct quote

• 3 weeks later...

It says on the site that photos should be on white or grey backgrounds so not sure why you are saying on white is a no no