Royal Gems Golf City - Dream Arena Course

VintageTQ

Anybody heard or played this course in Bangkok?

Ive seen it advertised but the link to the website is defunct and i cant find any other contact info.

Apparently its a replica course based on famous holes from around the world, theres the 17th from St andrews and the 17th from Sawgrass to name a couple of holes from the front 9, and the back 9 is an exact replica of the back 9 from Augusta.

Would be fascinating to play but not sure if it even exists.

Anybody know?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

yes that is right

It is a fun course with 9 great holes from around the world and the back 9 from Augusta National.

Let me know if you are interested in playing. I can help book for 4 or 5 ball groups weekdays only.

Best Regards

Mark

Mark - do you have any directions or website. Can't find anything on Internet

Edited by bkkbarnstormer

Hi,

yes that is right

It is a fun course with 9 great holes from around the world and the back 9 from Augusta National.

Let me know if you are interested in playing. I can help book for 4 or 5 ball groups weekdays only.

Best Regards

Mark

This link works for me.

http://www.royalgemsgolf.com/index.php

Hi,

yes that is right

Best Regards

Mark

This link works for me.

im pretty sure this royalgems you mention is not the same course. It mentions nothing of the dream arena course.

Hi,

yes that is right

Best Regards

Mark

This link works for me.

im pretty sure this royalgems you mention is not the same course. It mentions nothing of the dream arena course.

Then try this link:

http://www.golfasian.com/golf-courses/thailand-golf-courses/bangkok/royal-gems-golf-city/

Hi,

yes that is right

Best Regards

Mark

This link works for me.

Cheers ChuckD, thats the the website id already found, if you try going anywhere from there you just go round in circles and i dont really feel comfortable booking through a third party. Id rather just go direct and contact the course to find out more info, cost/location etc , but just cant find anything at all. Its almost like its a ghost course and has just vanished

Ron Garl is the designer so it seems and according to his website the course is still at the design stage. Good job i didnt book through one of these third parties, would be waiting a while for a tee time...

try here. Their website doesn't work but there is a phone number and I have seen signs for it at the supposed location. Don't know if it is the replica course though

http://thaigolfer.com/course/244

Ron Garl is the designer so it seems and according to his website the course is still at the design stage. Good job i didnt book through one of these third parties, would be waiting a while for a tee time...

try here. Their website doesn't work but there is a phone number and I have seen signs for it at the supposed location. Don't know if it is the replica course though

http://thaigolfer.com/course/244

Yes i think thats the one, marvelous. Thank you very much. Will post back my thoughts once ive played it :)

Ron Garl indeed was the designer and it has been opened for play since before the floods. It got really damaged during the floods, but all back in good shape. It's off the outer ring road. Going from BKK East take the Rangsit exit and go towards Nakon Nayok. It's about 6 kilometers or so after you get off the ring road and right across from the Big C at Klong 6. You have to go past the Big C and hang a u-turn and then come back to it. Take the small bridge directly accross from the Big C sign and then make a right at the T junction 100m or so further on. Entrance is down on the left.

There are two more courses planned for the same complex, one designed by Andy Die and the other from Lee Schmidt. Have heard that Lee's course will be going in next, but not 100% confirmed as of yet.

Ron Garl indeed was the designer and it has been opened for play since before the floods. It got really damaged during the floods, but all back in good shape. It's off the outer ring road. Going from BKK East take the Rangsit exit and go towards Nakon Nayok. It's about 6 kilometers or so after you get off the ring road and right across from the Big C at Klong 6. You have to go past the Big C and hang a u-turn and then come back to it. Take the small bridge directly accross from the Big C sign and then make a right at the T junction 100m or so further on. Entrance is down on the left.

There are two more courses planned for the same complex, one designed by Andy Die and the other from Lee Schmidt. Have heard that Lee's course will be going in next, but not 100% confirmed as of yet.

Thanks very much for that info. Have you played it? what did you think?

I have not played the game for a few years, but spent 10 months building the course for the Royal Gems Group. It's a nice replica course with sone interesting holes that are beautiful to look at from the tees. Amen corner came out nicely as most of the other holes taken from Augusta and St. Andrews. Ron could not duplicate the holes exactly due to copy right laws, and so the main dirt contractor moved the dirt as per plans and then we (Shapers) came in and had to make it look like the photos of the actual holes. It was a major pain bit all in all it worked out.

I think anyone who plays it will walk away feeling good that he did.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

i am a member here, it is owned by a Thai gentleman who also owns another course called Royal Gems Sports dont get them mixed up as they are miles apart believe me the first

time i went to play there our driver took us to the wrong course ie Sports not Royal Gems Golf City which is in Rangsit about 40 minutes from Don Mueang or about 50 minutes

from downtown Bangkok subject to traffic...

the course and everything about the club is stunning. i first played with a member 'as walk in's or green fee players are not allowed'... after playing the course i bought a membership

immediately and i generally take 3 friends every month from Phuket where we live to play the course and everyone i have taken love the place.. pity our course Blue Canyon is not upto

the standards of Royal Gems Golf City......

the first nine holes are all from around the world, from Troon, St Andrews, TPC Sawgrass, Doral, Beflry to name a few....

the back 9 holes are all Augusta and a very very good representation of Augusta only missing are the trees but they have planted trees in the correct places to mature and look like the really Augusta..

there is amend corner which looks exactly the same...

the website for some reason is down i have not asked why....

you maybe able to play this course without member but you will have to book through a golf agency in Bangkok and no doubt you will be charged a reasonable fee....

well worth a game if you are able to get an invite or fine the right agent..