Jet-setting Thai monk found to have bought 22 luxury cars

webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another fine, upstanding Thai citizen, a shining example to the whole world of "Thainess" and their (screwed up) perception of Buddhism.

I just hope he paid full price for all those cars, and didn't cheat the tax man or he'll be in BIG trouble whistling.gifwai.gif

I believe a certain Al Capone had the same trouble! tongue.png

This entire debacle makes me very sad. Not for the Thai version of Rasputin, but for Forbes.

I have now lost trust and confidence in Forbes , the list of most wealthy and corrupt. They did not even list the guy in the fugitives on the loose list. Surely he must make the list.

Maybe this Monk's real gig ( job not fb) is exporting and marketing 'Thai-ness' to the world.

I hope he remembers to include the scams-corruption-xenophobia, racial discrimination, Police-Mafia cabal, etc etc etc Im sure some new age hippie dippies in California would be gullible enough to donate a few more dollars for 'his' cause. Me , Myself and Mine

"The DSI yesterday also conducted a DNA test on an 11-year-old boy in Si Sa Ket, who is believed to be the monk's son. Luang Pu Nenkham allegedly had a sexual relationship with the young boy's mother when she was only 14. The result of the test should be ready in two days."

Typical of Thailand. We now have a monk who is a cheap knockoff of a Catholic Priest.

The Catholic Priests have a stronger union.

I wouldn't count on that . .

This is the tip of an iceberg, and as some posters have pointed out, will have such high ranking people involved, it is doubtful they will reach the end of it.

What usually happens in these cases, 'EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD' ( consistent Thai bashers please note), is they will try to heap as much crap on one or two individuals who will wear the brunt of it and the rest of the story will get buried. With the gold.

The encouraging thing is that this exposure happened at all and is in keeping with a world wide trend exposing corruption everywhere.

'the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) will also investigate to see if the monk was part of a money-laundering racket.'

So they aren't investigating yet???sick.gif

Why are the authorities dragging their heels so much with this con man?

"The DSI yesterday also conducted a DNA test on an 11-year-old boy in Si Sa Ket, who is believed to be the monk's son. Luang Pu Nenkham allegedly had a sexual relationship with the young boy's mother when she was only 14. The result of the test should be ready in two days."

Typical of Thailand. We now have a monk who is a cheap knockoff of a Catholic Priest.

Not entirely, Catholic priests seem to have more preference for underage boys instead of girls.

• Like 1

Another fine, upstanding Thai citizen, a shining example to the whole world of "Thainess" and their (screwed up) perception of Buddhism.

I just hope he paid full price for all those cars, and didn't cheat the tax man or he'll be in BIG trouble whistling.gifwai.gif

I hope he did not pay the full price and that they will make him pay the price that Al Capone paid.

Revoking a passport doesn't require finding him. Just impound the cars and other hard assets. File charges and gather evidence. He's a money laundering fugitive. Thailand must go after him through international organizations.

I suggest his citizenship is revoked.

He brings shame upon Thailand and the Buddhist faith. He has harmed the spirit of the nation and should be treated like a public enemy.

• Like 1

Hold on, lets try and establish that he's actually guilty of something first.

All we know at this stage is that he owns some nice cars and is ALLEGED to have fathered a son by a 14 year old girl.

For all we know the DNA result may come up negative and he may have a perfectly legitimate reason for having a car collection, after all they are all in his name.

A Buddhist monk isn't supposed to have any material possessions, not even a bicycle.

All we know at this stage is that he owns some nice cars and is ALLEGED to have fathered a son by a 14 year old girl.

For all we know the DNA result may come up negative and he may have a perfectly legitimate reason for having a car collection, after all they are all in his name.

It must be quite refreshing to walk through life in a lobotomized state of mind...

• Like 2

I lost a bet with myself. I was sure by the time I read to the end of the thread, there would be at least one post saying something like , "What about the corrupt Christians?/pedophiles priests?"

I thought at least a couple of those were required in every thread that is critical of Thai Buddhism or Thai monks.

Jet-setting monk found to have bought 22 luxury cars

A Rolls Royce for every day of the year – Osho

Far behind than an Indian monk (late) OSHO who had an ownership of 93 Rolls Royces. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

About getting Facts Right:

1. OSHO is not his Name. His Name was Rajaneesh

2. He wasn't a Monk.

3. Totally not related to this news.

4. No, I am not his Fan just trying to point out to the facts.

• Like 1

It must be quite refreshing to walk through life in a lobotomized state of mind...

It must... please tell me how it feels

I often see monks in Siam Paragon checking out iPhones and sunglasses and huge flat screen TVs... it's such a joke.

They get no veneration from me. This worship of idols and career path monks is so far removed from Buddha's teachings.

I'll say it again - what a joke.

It must... please tell me how it feels

Will not lower myself to the point in getting into a pi$$ing contest with a troll. Keep on dreamwalking.

we are at the tip of this hot wave - get this guy back.

IF he is back, then I am not sure how the Thai authorities could manage this small guy with rows of other BIG NAMES associated with him. lock him up, and trace everyone in the chain. think about it will be another joke in the Thainess !

Of course a monk needs 22 luxury cars and a house in Cal. And if he did shag a 14 year old girl it was probably and accident or she asked for it and he was just helping her out!!!

Christ Almighty, don't you get it? He's a monk. He's not supposed to own anything luxury.

The only good thing that will come out of this is that it will smash the hippy-yippee ideal that Buddhism is scandal-free.

• Like 1

Now ???

I lost a bet with myself. I was sure by the time I read to the end of the thread, there would be at least one post saying something like , "What about the corrupt Christians?/pedophiles priests?"

I thought at least a couple of those were required in every thread that is critical of Thai Buddhism or Thai monks.

what about those nawty christians/pedophile priests?

A good journalist would be hunting the names of the persons making large donations to this Temple.

My guess.

Army / Police Generals, government workers and members of important families that can't be mentioned.

If this Monk is part of something bigger, that is, using the temple as a front to launder money, you can be sure corrupt officials, policemen, and mafioso types will have been using his services. Temple 'donations' are a great way to move money into monastic held accounts where the prying eyes of the AMLO cannot so easily go.

On the other hand, he could have just been ripping off his flock for all he could.

Most likely..... both.

• Like 1