A tale of woe (and pneumonia)

pinfold

Not exactly a move I wanted to make early June to see Old Faithful,rain cold and wet,but paid for by A.N. Other. On return health wise knew something seriously wrong and getting worse,two GP's in Pattaya were good,but not exactly good enough.

Cut to the chase,worse going on badly,breathing getting difficult,taken to International who wanted to advance of almost £800, and around £655 every subsequent day holed up there plus plus plus,told them to stick it,(knew at this stage pneumonia was probable cause)

Next day flew to India, (three hours £120)asked local GP best hospital choice(no tourist hospital) quoted £280 for whatever it took and how many days to treat.........Best care and treatment the world could offer,that includes the UK too at a price that was unbelievable.

Still a bit weak on return,but good damned good. Pattaya or any Thailand hospitals forget it ,all rip off merchants. Just keep an open visa to India for urgent medical care,its my best policy

Flew from BKK to Calcutta. I previously put a piece in Thaivisa Health section "Options to Thailand health care" that will explain more,without going into detail here. I go there frequently for whatever needs doing MRI's knee surgery,everything and everything. I have friends who go to Malaysia too who describe there as "cheap as chips" never tried it though.

Now cannot get insurance in Thailand and if India was not so close I would abandon Thailand completely just for my healths sake,keep myself fit as I can here, but who knows?

10 days,chose Catholic hospital as language no problem,keep away from the Apollo private hospitals,they will soak you. The £ is fantastic value at the moment too

The costing I gave before,meals drinks,drugs included

Edited by pinfold

They probably have the cricket on TV in India too

That's all the buggers have on television.

You know through all the discomfort of pneumonia it was that cold vapourising bottle of air/oxygen that was my main relief,could not draw it into my lungs fast enough

They probably have the cricket on TV in India too

That's all the buggers have on television.

You know through all the discomfort of pneumonia it was that cold vapourising bottle of air/oxygen that was my main relief,could not draw it into my lungs fast enough

Must have been a dream come true then brother?

Don't you need a visa to go to India? How long does that take to get and what does it cost?

Don't you need a visa to go to India? How long does that take to get and what does it cost?

Yes need visa,had visas for 10 years now, for India(used to live there) my 5 year one finishes in Oct this year,need 6 month tourist one then,keep re-newing it though. no idea of cost,but I hear there going like Thailand 30 day free