Whats this DTAC Trinet all about?

KRS1

DTAC vs TRUE H vs 3GX

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/Happy-internet-package.html

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/packages/ismart/entry/594 or http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/packages/inet/entry/583

http://www.i-mobile3gx.com/main/3gx_prepaid1.php

Which one cheaper for internet?

they all 42mbps so i guess similar

I am on DTAC now, pay 399+vat for 1 GB

I am thinking about TOT's 3GX

looks cheaper 100bath gets 500mb

399THB gets 2500MB

do u get calling credit when u top up 3gx and internet on top of it ?

where to get top ups in pattaya? and sim ?

or should I stay with DTAC and wait thier TriNet thing ? trinet is 3g or 4g ?

Thx

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just got that http://www.tot3g.net...nfo.aspx?pid=16

anyone know it?

looks cheaper then DTAC

in terms of mobile internet

works pretty well

when bought got 1GB for 100THB

then i think it is 100THB for 500MB so 200THB for 1GB and I think can call too

i just wonder whats difference with http://www.tot3g.net...nfo.aspx?pid=14 as i try ask them but no success... anyone ??

DTAC Trinet will be launched officially on the 23rd July 2013.

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/pressroom/news/trinetcommercial.html

16 July 2013
dtac TriNet to launch service on July 23, humbly welcome for customer feedback
dtac unveiled the successful mobile signal tests across all regions, as part of the 77/77 dtac Internet for All Road Trip campaign
dtac TriNet is ready to commercially launch TriNet. Customers can start using the service from July 23 after it has completed a pilot test with its employees, addressed customer feedback. dtac has been improving the services based on the information collected and reassures that customers will experience the best voice and data services on TriNet networks.
DTAC also announced their Q2 numbers today, healthy growth in revenue up 13.5% to 24.5 B, and net profit of 3 B. Added ~ 600,000 new subscribers to 27 million.

16 July 2013
dtac unveiled the successful mobile signal tests across all regions, as part of the 77/77 dtac Internet for All Road Trip campaign
dtac TriNet is ready to commercially launch TriNet. Customers can start using the service from July 23 after it has completed a pilot test with its employees, addressed customer feedback. dtac has been improving the services based on the information collected and reassures that customers will experience the best voice and data services on TriNet networks.
DTAC also announced their Q2 numbers today, healthy growth in revenue up 13.5% to 24.5 B, and net profit of 3 B. Added ~ 600,000 new subscribers to 27 million.

is that working in pattaya?

that means my samsung S4 should get 3G 2100MHZ? net should be faster ?

prices for net packages stay the same right?

DTAC TriNet:

Yes It will be working in Pattaya and the whole of Chonburi.

It will be 3G 2100 Mhz so your Samsung Galaxy S4 will be fully compatible and the Mobile Internet will be faster.

16 July 2013

DTAC TriNet:

Yes It will be working in Pattaya and the whole of Chonburi.

It will be 3G 2100 Mhz so your Samsung Galaxy S4 will be fully compatible and the Mobile Internet will be faster.

16 July 2013

i got Mojo 3g sim from esod book store

its cheaper for net 200thb gets 1000mb + 50mb bonus = 1050mb

its 2100mhz 3g

works on tot antenas i think

its worse coverage, but works in big cities and its faster then dtac right now

http://www.mojo3g.com/promotion_jun13.php

mojo is one of several MVNOs for TOT's 2100 MHz 3G network, didn't realize they (mojo) were still in the business.

SAMART (iMobile/3GX), AirAsia (TuneTalk), IEC, 365, mojo, and maybe a few others resell TOT.

Should be OK as they have decent nationwide coverage and no customers. http://icoverage.tot3g.net/

Edited by lomatopo

• 3 weeks later...

As lomatopo says, all those MVNOs work of TOT's 2100 network and should work about the same.

I've cycled from Bangkok to Mae Sae on back roads with it and had coverage most of the way. Absolutely *anywhere* halfway sizable had coverage, just a few tiny places without it. Even then many tiny places and just the middle of the countryside often did have coverage. Having said that, coverage WAS less than the big three, when I went out of coverage a network scan generally showed DTAC, True and AIS as still available and I did have a secondary DTAC SIM which generally worked in those circumstances.

No sign of DTAC Trinet here, I am getting 10-60kbps on GPRS only on my DTAC SIM.

As lomatopo says, all those MVNOs work of TOT's 2100 network and should work about the same.

I've cycled from Bangkok to Mae Sae on back roads with it and had coverage most of the way. Absolutely *anywhere* halfway sizable had coverage, just a few tiny places without it. Even then many tiny places and just the middle of the countryside often did have coverage. Having said that, coverage WAS less than the big three, when I went out of coverage a network scan generally showed DTAC, True and AIS as still available and I did have a secondary DTAC SIM which generally worked in those circumstances.

No sign of DTAC Trinet here, I am getting 10-60kbps on GPRS only on my DTAC SIM.

In pattaya tot and dtac works well

I used dtac before trinet so dont know it imoroved since then.

Mojo works quite fast over 6mbps

But outside pattaya in villages no network at all.

Might swich again

I want someone compare true h with dtac trinet speednet.net and post results.

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505 za pomocą Tapatalk 4

How is that with them liability laws here ? You can't say anything bad or you get sued. On the other hand, you can serve bold lies like: DTAC saying: 42 MB on 3G cheesy.gif. Someone at this company must not know the difference between MB and KB . Otherwise is the gap between promise and reality not to explain. sad.png

Tri-Mix ? Okay, Fanta, Coke and some Beer? that probably will work. Your handset permanently switching between bands? This will not only drain your batteries in record time, with each switch you have to send new ident packets and this means less speed because you send a full ident string and not only an ack.whistling.gif

Who cares? As i wrote earlier on this site, DTAC can't even get QOS properly to work ! Mean you are on-line and calls don't come through, at least not from different networks. And now the boys and girls are playing around with frequency multiplexing? DTAC this is so wrong! But i'm only a farang, and my voice don't count anyway. But don't expect i give you any more of my money for your crap.bah.gif

Edited by JakeBKK

How is that with them liability laws here ? You can't say anything bad or you get sued. On the other hand, you can serve bold lies like: DTAC saying: 42 MB on 3G Posted Image.  Someone at this company must not know the difference between MB and KB . Otherwise is the gap between promise and reality not to explain. Posted Image

Tri-Mix ? Okay, Fanta, Coke and some Beer?  that probably will work.  Your handset permanently switching between bands? This will not only drain your batteries in record time, with each switch you have to send new ident packets and this means less speed because you send a full ident string and not only an ack.Posted Image

Who cares?  As i wrote earlier on this site, DTAC can't even get QOS properly to work !  Mean you are on-line  and calls don't come through, at least not from different networks. And now the boys and girls are playing around with frequency multiplexing? DTAC this is so wrong!  But i'm only a farang, and my voice don't count anyway. But don't expect i give you any more  of my money for your crap.Posted Image  

Interesting

So 2100mhz what speed should be 7mbs?

What about true h?

My wife was on Dtac and I changed her to Truemove-h 3 months ago.

The speed difference is just ridiculous, she gets 3-4 mb/s steady with True when she was barely able to open a webpage with Dtac on their 3g.

Dtac just does not have a real 3G right now, Truemove has.

GJ

My wife was on Dtac and I changed her to Truemove-h 3 months ago.

The speed difference is just ridiculous, she gets 3-4 mb/s steady with True when she was barely able to open a webpage with Dtac on their 3g.

Dtac just does not have a real 3G right now, Truemove has.

GJ

Where u live

Just a little information for people who are thinking of moving to DTAC Tri-net.

DTAC seems to have advertized that with the new 2100MHz spectrum, they would now have the largest bandwidth in the country. The Tri-net basically is basically a combination of DTAC's old network: 2G on 1800MHz and 3G on 850MHz plus the recently auctioned 3G 2100MHz and possibly 4G. But there are caveats to this! What DTAC fails to describe to its customers is that the nature of a cellular connection doesn't work that way. A phone will treat each spectrum as if they are completely different networks running by different providers.

A phone can only connect to one spectrum at a time (with the exception of some weird AWS version of phones used in the US and Canada) and it will only connect to whichever spectrum that has the strongest reception in that area. Many will find that this turn out to be DTAC's oldest network: the 2G on 1800MHz. Although the phone can easily hop to DTAC's 3G networks on either 2100MHz or 850MHz, it simply won't do so because DTAC 2G networks have the largest coverage.

This is one of the reasons why many phone operators around the world, including AIS, do not actually turn this spectrum hopping feature ON by default. If you are an AIS customer there will be times where you are instead connected to this network called TH GSM 1800 and all of a sudden unable to access the internet.

As far as I can tell the implementation of DTAC Tri-net is probably the strangest in the mobile industry. The problem I describe here will probably stop at some point if DTAC has more 2100 3G base stations but currently it has so little. Much less than AIS or TRUE H.

TL;DR: Tri-net is a marketing ploy. Not usable in real world situation. DTAC 3G network is still far behind others.

Just a little information for people who are thinking of moving to DTAC Tri-net.

DTAC seems to have advertized that with the new 2100MHz spectrum, they would now have the largest bandwidth in the country. The Tri-net basically is basically a combination of DTAC's old network: 2G on 1800MHz and 3G on 850MHz plus the recently auctioned 3G 2100MHz and possibly 4G. But there are caveats to this! What DTAC fails to describe to its customers is that the nature of a cellular connection doesn't work that way. A phone will treat each spectrum as if they are completely different networks running by different providers.

A phone can only connect to one spectrum at a time (with the exception of some weird AWS version of phones used in the US and Canada) and it will only connect to whichever spectrum that has the strongest reception in that area. Many will find that this turn out to be DTAC's oldest network: the 2G on 1800MHz. Although the phone can easily hop to DTAC's 3G networks on either 2100MHz or 850MHz, it simply won't do so because DTAC 2G networks have the largest coverage.

This is one of the reasons why many phone operators around the world, including AIS, do not actually turn this spectrum hopping feature ON by default. If you are an AIS customer there will be times where you are instead connected to this network called TH GSM 1800 and all of a sudden unable to access the internet.

As far as I can tell the implementation of DTAC Tri-net is probably the strangest in the mobile industry. The problem I describe here will probably stop at some point if DTAC has more 2100 3G base stations but currently it has so little. Much less than AIS or TRUE H.

TL;DR: Tri-net is a marketing ploy. Not usable in real world situation. DTAC 3G network is still far behind others.

well i know that, if u are not in 3g area it uses 2g/edge

so its should be up to us to check 3g coverage in ur area....

how about pattaya is it 2100mhz 3g for trinet?

or true h would be better choice

pricewise dtac is cheapest i think from all of them for data GB

i used before they had trinet few months ago and it was fast enough in pattaya

switched to TOT 3g for test, its even faster 3g like over 6mbps, but no 2g coverage...

well i know that, if u are not in 3g area it uses 2g/edge

so its should be up to us to check 3g coverage in ur area....

how about pattaya is it 2100mhz 3g for trinet?

or true h would be better choice

pricewise dtac is cheapest i think from all of them for data GB

i used before they had trinet few months ago and it was fast enough in pattaya

switched to TOT 3g for test, its even faster 3g like over 6mbps, but no 2g coverage...

Nope. There's a big debate about this on the Thai forum Pantip.com

Most smartphones will unfortunately pick up the 1800MHz 2G over the 850 3G, especially the iPhones. What DTAC has done over the past year when they have heaps of outages (so-called upgrade), was that they were trying to fix this problem.

BUT if you are already on the new DTAC 2100MHz (not everyone is on this automatically unless you are a new customer) this probably will not be the case. But then you'll instead suffer dropped calls and data due to roaming back to 1800MHz 2G.

Edited by infernalman7

Is it true h any better?

Assuming you have an SGS4, as your sig implies, then I would recommend you purchase a TrueMove H SIM, for 50 baht, add some value, subscribe to the 49 baht/day plan (Net 49, 150 MB FuP, code is *900*3302# Call or Send) and see if it works acceptably for you. So for an investment of 99 baht you can determine what works, or doesn't, for you. Sounds easy enough?

TrueMove H (CAT/850 MHz) has the most coverage, and the fewest customers, so I'd always recommend someone try them first.

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/packages/iplay/entry/604?ln=en

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/toppings/iplay/entry/654

I want someone compare true h with dtac trinet speednet.net and post results.

DTAC/850 and TrueMove H/CAT/850: Bangkok, Wireless Road, same hardware (GNEX4):

post-9615-0-96235200-1375843817_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-77858300-1375843831_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

I strongly agree with your opinion. From a marketing standpoint it is hardly, or not at all to understand - why does a company put non working/performing products ( this will produce lots of disgruntled customers for sure) on the market. All the marting effort only to con a couple of thousand customers? Yes, for the average customer this sounds fantastic. But, if you are a geek, network engineer or simply have a bit of knowledge in this field, you will know this will not work as advertised. It would be better to get 2.1 GHz off the ground fast and properly.

Seems you have a good grasp of things - spot on ! thumbsup.gif I renamed it "Try-Net"

Anyway, whats the use talking about spectrum until the word "congestion" appears. The main issue for customers is coverage. My latest review, True is #1, AIS jumped to #2 slot and DTAC now #3 in terms of coverage

Edited by skippybangkok

Seems you have a good grasp of things - spot on !  Posted Image     I renamed it "Try-Net"  

Anyway, whats the use talking about spectrum until the word "congestion" appears. The main issue for customers is coverage. My latest review, True is #1, AIS jumped to #2 slot and DTAC now #3 in terms of coverage 

What about speeds ranking in main towns

I think TrueMove is desperate for money to deploy their 2100 MHz 3G network, they're trying to package the revenue stream from their 3 million customers on the CAT/850 MHz network to back-up loans. It just doesn't seem like TrueMove can ever be profitable? They certainly are #1 in losing money. tongue.png

3G INVESTMENT

Moody's changes True Corp and True Move's outlook to negative

The Nation June 12, 2013 3:02 pm

True Corp and True Move's massive investment required for the 3G network expansion poses a concern to Moody's Investors Service, which today changes the companies' rating outlook from stable to negative.

The rating is affirmed at "B2". The rating agency suggested urgent recapitalisation to bring down the debt level.

"The change in outlook reflects True Corp’s deteriorating financial profile resulting from the need to invest in its 3G networks and services, and competitive headwinds in the Thai cellular industry as all three cellular operators launch 3G services under the new 2.1GHz licenses this year," said Nidhi Dhruv, an analyst and also lead analyst for True Corp and True Move.

Meanwhile DTAC continues its strong run of profitability...

23 July 2013
dtac announced continuing growth in Q2 2013
Total Access Communication PLC. (dtac) announced Q2 2013 total revenues of THB 24.5 billion, a strong 13.5 % growth YoY on the back of the strong service revenue and handset sales due to continuing popularity of smartphones and social network applications and quality 3G network..
DTAC also just announced an increase in capital spending...
DTAC boosts this year's investment
The Nation
August 5, 2013 5:04 pm
Total Access Communication is raising the annual investment budget this year from Bt12.5 billion to Bt14.5 billion, to expand its 3G service coverage.
Petter Furberg, CEO for finance and accounting, said on Monday that the 3-year investment budget is maintained at Bt34 billion.
He said that the company would boost the investment sum this year, so that its 3G service would cover half of the country. The initital target was just 30 per cent.
The latest base-station figures for DTAC I've seen are 10,700 GSM/1800, 5,300/3G-850 and 5,200/3G-2100; which matches up well with the market
AIS is also a bit ahead of schedule re: 2100 MHz deployment:
AIS 3G expansion ahead-of-schedule; vows to discontinue 2G as soon as possible
Updated Date:2013-7-23
The chief marketing officer of Thai mobile market leader Advanced Info Services (AIS), SomchaiLertsutiwong, has announced that by the end of next month the cellco will have 6,000 3G 2100MHz base transceiver stations (BTS) in operation across 67 provinces, up from its current total of 5,000 active BTS spanning 31 provinces, and claimed that by the end of August the 2100MHz W-CDMA/HSPA network will have at least 8,000 BTS nationwide, and 1,000 BTS providing in-building coverage. MrSomchai, quoted by the Bangkok Post, added that if AIS reaches the August target coverage figure it will be five months ahead of its original schedule. Prior to its 2100MHz licensing in December, AIS rolled out a 900MHz 3G network covering Bangkok and 17 provinces, spanning 3,500 base stations by mid-2012, but it is migrating all 900MHz services to the new 2100MHz system. To assist its rollout, late last month AIS selected NEC Thailand to provide 3G mobile backhaul services based on Cisco technology.
TrueMove has deployed 300 4G/LTE base-stations in metro-Bangkok and in/around Suvarnabhumi (airport). TrueMove has plans to deploy another 5,000 3G base-station on 2100 MHz but not sure if they've begun any work yet?
TrueMove H desperately needs more customers - I guess they've solved their number shortage problem - so please help them out. Use TrueMove H.

What about speeds ranking in main towns

You can Google

The name of the service provider

The name of the provincial capital

Speedtest

to see some results.

There are a lot of speedtests on pantip dot com

lop : are you working at dtac? smile.png just fun, bro.

Some GSM basics first:

your phone can use one band a time so, you cannot connect to 850 and 2100 simultaneously.

one 3G or 3.5G channel takes up 5 MHz , LTE takes up 20MHz

So, what your nice graphic is saying :at 850/2 Ch, at 1800/10 Ch and at 2100/ 3Channels. So far, so good. That is 15 channels in total. Agreed?

Now let us take a look how many cellphones one channel at one cellsite (cellphone tower) can handle simultaneously. This is usually 80-100 per channel

This get a bit more complicated if you consider that a voice call usually runs at 25kB/s and there as you said the maximum channel bandwidth ( theoretically) is 42 MB/s

So let's say we have at this moment 80 people on one channel occupied with voice calls. so we calculate 80 X 25kB : 1024 = 1.9 MB/s

Not much i hear you saying? On the first glimpse you are right. So, now we multiply Ch x B = T means 15 Channels x 1,9 MB = Traffic/s 29.296 MB/s

To cover the voice calls of one cell site we need a minimum 30 MB connection ( fibre optic)

Okay in my next post we take a look at the 42 MB promise and see if we can calculate and proof that your 42 MB argument is utter rubbish. And it simply doesn't work. thumbsup.gif

Needless to say: the cell site is compressing your voice stream already.

Edited by JakeBKK

Meanwhile DTAC continues its strong run of profitability...

23 July 2013
dtac announced continuing growth in Q2 2013
Total Access Communication PLC. (dtac) announced Q2 2013 total revenues of THB 24.5 billion, a strong 13.5 % growth YoY on the back of the strong service revenue and handset sales due to continuing popularity of smartphones and social network applications and quality 3G network..
DTAC also just announced an increase in capital spending...
DTAC boosts this year's investment
The Nation
August 5, 2013 5:04 pm
Total Access Communication is raising the annual investment budget this year from Bt12.5 billion to Bt14.5 billion, to expand its 3G service coverage.
Petter Furberg, CEO for finance and accounting, said on Monday that the 3-year investment budget is maintained at Bt34 billion.
He said that the company would boost the investment sum this year, so that its 3G service would cover half of the country. The initital target was just 30 per cent.
The latest base-station figures for DTAC I've seen are 10,700 GSM/1800, 5,300/3G-850 and 5,200/3G-2100; which matches up well with the market
AIS is also a bit ahead of schedule re: 2100 MHz deployment:
AIS 3G expansion ahead-of-schedule; vows to discontinue 2G as soon as possible
Updated Date:2013-7-23
The chief marketing officer of Thai mobile market leader Advanced Info Services (AIS), SomchaiLertsutiwong, has announced that by the end of next month the cellco will have 6,000 3G 2100MHz base transceiver stations (BTS) in operation across 67 provinces, up from its current total of 5,000 active BTS spanning 31 provinces, and claimed that by the end of August the 2100MHz W-CDMA/HSPA network will have at least 8,000 BTS nationwide, and 1,000 BTS providing in-building coverage. MrSomchai, quoted by the Bangkok Post, added that if AIS reaches the August target coverage figure it will be five months ahead of its original schedule. Prior to its 2100MHz licensing in December, AIS rolled out a 900MHz 3G network covering Bangkok and 17 provinces, spanning 3,500 base stations by mid-2012, but it is migrating all 900MHz services to the new 2100MHz system. To assist its rollout, late last month AIS selected NEC Thailand to provide 3G mobile backhaul services based on Cisco technology.
TrueMove has deployed 300 4G/LTE base-stations in metro-Bangkok and in/around Suvarnabhumi (airport). TrueMove has plans to deploy another 5,000 3G base-station on 2100 MHz but not sure if they've begun any work yet?
TrueMove H desperately needs more customers - I guess they've solved their number shortage problem - so please help them out. Use TrueMove H.

so is it truemove H 2100mz ? would that works in pattaya?

i just want the fastest net, witch maximum data allowance for least money :)

I used dtac unlimited net 1GB 399thb, after runs out of 1GB, speed drops to 64kbps, that was 2 weeks before trinet, speeds was good enough

wonder its still same or better in pattaya after trinet?

i found they do deal, 1.2GB for 480 including vat http://www.pro-dtac.com/ not sure that code still works?

now i want to go back to dtac or true h

i saw ismart http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/packages/ismart/entry/594?ln=en for 499 get 250min calls, and 1GB data, after finish i think it drops to 128kbps

in my work area there is true wifi hotspot, do you get unlimited wifi with that ?

whats would be better faster choice? :)

can someone explain http://truewifi.net/2011/buy_wifi.htm how much data for how much, and for how long ? cant read thai..

thanks

I think at the end of the day, you should give all of the networks a try and see which one you are the most happiest. Coverage and experience differs usually based on where you are. Perhaps you live in that little area where there is a stronger 850MHz Dtac network than 1800MHz hence having a pretty good connection to a 3G network with no bouncing back to 2G.

42 Mbps 3G is a "standard", which the major service providers all promote as supporting here.

DTAC does have the most available spectrum.

Nearly everything in post #45 is erroneous.

Please elaborate which part of my post was inaccurate, lomatopo. Please don't tell me all you did was a simple mathematical addition to tell which one has the best network! Post #57 by JakeBKK pretty much explained it all quite clearly. It doesn't matter how many (or wide) spectra a telco has. A phone will connect only to one single band at a time therefore it's useless.

DTAC may say they have a 3 lane street compared to others, which have only two. But a car can only drive in one lane at a time (just like your phone) and then that car is most likely going to jump to the lane that is the easiest to get into (which is unfortunately the slow 1800MHz 2G network). Then if that car were to jump to a different lane, if you are on a phone call then you may suffer call drop outs as inter-spectra handover has a VERY HIGH failure rate.

The only way DTAC Trinet would perform well, is to require phone companies to make phones that support technology similar to AWS which utilizes two network bands at the same time (but remains hugely unpopular worldwide but the US)

Hope this post clarifies a few things.

Edited by infernalman7