App Icons

I have a new Samsung Galaxy Smartphone S 5360, I downloaded an App then deleted it and now there are two app icons on the top bar of my phone. As far as I know there are only the apps I had when I bought the phone. I can only assume they are there because I was experimenting with the phone. Can anyone tell me how to remove them? I have downloaded videos from my home PC and the sound is very low, I have tried the volume controls and they are at maximum. Is this normal with Samsung phones? I do not have this problem with my Ipad.

On my nexus tablet you put your finger on the icon and hold it you should get option at top of the screen to remove just drag it to there, try that.

There are apps to boost volume in google play store so Samsung should have some as well.

Option.

Get hearing aid.bah.gif

On my nexus tablet you put your finger on the icon and hold it you should get option at top of the screen to remove just drag it to there, try that.

There are apps to boost volume in google play store so Samsung should have some as well.

Option.

Get hearing aid.bah.gif

Jocko, if I needed a hearing aid, I would not be able to get the earphones in my ear, I know what you are saying about dragging the icons, may I should not have described them as icons. The things I mention are at the very top of the phone near the clock and battery indicator.

It might help if you describe what they look like or post an image of them. What it sounds like are icons in the notification bar. If you drag the bar down, there should be an expanded notification of what they are notifiying you of.

Here some of the default system notification items:

post-52310-0-76655500-1373701100_thumb.j post-52310-0-18899000-1373701152_thumb.j

There are more that can come from installed apps.

Edited by BB1950
  • Like 1

For the volume problem go to Settings->Sound. There are seperate volume settings for call ringtones, music and videos, alarm ringtones, system sound, and notification ringtones.

Edited by BB1950

It might help if you describe what they look like or post an image of them. What it sounds like are icons in the notification bar. If you drag the bar down, there should be an expanded notification of what they are notifiying you of.

Here some of the default system notification items:

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG attachicon.gifCapture 1.JPG

There are more that can come from installed apps.

That's exactly what it was, problem solved, Thanks, but you wonder why they are not on the instructions.

For the volume problem go to Settings->Sound. There are seperate volume settings for call ringtones, music and videos, alarm ringtones, system sound, and notification ringtones.

Yes I had done that and the settings are at full volume. It must just be a Samsung thing.

Yes I had done that and the settings are at full volume. It must just be a Samsung thing.

Just on the off chance have you adjusted the volume keys on the left hand side of the phone. You should be able to increase it there.

Just on the off chance have you adjusted the volume keys on the left hand side of the phone. You should be able to increase it there.

Yes I have BangkokRick, I know it seems I may have a problem with my hearing, but I haven't. I wonder if any other posters have this problem with Samsung. I have a Philips gogear, and there is no problem with that.

I just looked at a few reviews of you phone mate and it seems to be a common problem.

'It is a nice technology, but there is a lot need to be done about the low sound quality- low'.

'volume of sound is too less even if the volume at max. level'

No fixes posted at all so it looks like you will just have to live with it.

I have a new Samsung Galaxy Smartphone S 5360, I downloaded an App then deleted it and now there are two app icons on the top bar of my phone. As far as I know there are only the apps I had when I bought the phone. I can only assume they are there because I was experimenting with the phone. Can anyone tell me how to remove them? I have downloaded videos from my home PC and the sound is very low, I have tried the volume controls and they are at maximum. Is this normal with Samsung phones? I do not have this problem with my Ipad.

Try using your ear phones to listen to videos and music. It might prove the sound.

Try using your ear phones to listen to videos and music. It might prove the sound.

I am talking about with the earphones, When I listen without the earphones it is louder but tinnier.

I am talking about with the earphones, When I listen without the earphones it is louder but tinnier.

That is bad mate. Try to adjust the settings as described above.

I just looked at a few reviews of you phone mate and it seems to be a common problem.

'It is a nice technology, but there is a lot need to be done about the low sound quality- low'.

'volume of sound is too less even if the volume at max. level'

No fixes posted at all so it looks like you will just have to live with it.

Yes, it looks like it, but you cannot test it before you buy it, in the UK you could.

Some video players have their own separate volume control that you access within the app. Are you using the default video player? You might try another video player app.

That one sounds interesting BB, I have not got used to the apps yet, but heres hoping.

Some video players have their own separate volume control that you access within the app. Are you using the default video player? You might try another video player app.

That one sounds interesting BB, I have not got used to the apps yet, but heres hoping.

I have just downloaded a video player, but when I play the video, the whole screen goes blank, but when I play the default video it is back to normal, the video player app cost me $32. I think it is just me who has to learn how to work the app properly.

Have you tried exactly the same video on iPad? Some movies are just decoded with very low sound volume, just like an mp3 or any other file with sound, levels can vary.

It's not movies I'm concerned about, it's music videos, I have downloaded a lot of them to my smartphone, and the volume is so low. The same ones downloaded on to my Ipad have no problem with sound volume.

A few years ago i had a contact phone in the UK a Sony Ericsson and as i worked in a noise environment i had to have a phone with good volume and the phone was fine so in my wisdom i decided to buy the same one in Thailand which was useless .

Same same but different