Walk Dog In Bkk

Apparently there are a couple of dog parks around Bangkok where you can take your dog to play, swim and have obedience training. I think one of them is in Pakkret but I'm not exactly sure where. I will ask my b/f (who's not in right now) as I think he knows and let you know if I find out anymore info.

There aren't a whole lot of places. Even the Rama 9 Park (near Srinakarin Rd) doesn't allow dogs, although His Majesty the King loves dogs. I take my Golden Retriever to Pet Paradise Park in Phutamonton. It is an obedience school, has places to walk the dog and has a doggy swimming pool (costs on the pool depend on the size of the dog - costs me about THB 400 per hour). While a bit far, with the new Rama 8 bridge it isn't all that difficult to get to. It has a website.

Apparently there are a couple of dog parks around Bangkok where you can take your dog to play, swim and have obedience training. I think one of them is in Pakkret but I'm not exactly sure where. I will ask my b/f (who's not in right now) as I think he knows and let you know if I find out anymore info.

b/f couldn't remember where the park was so tried doing a search on the internet and found this on the nancy chandler site ....

DOWNTOWN DOG PARK OPEN

For pet lovers looking for a place to let their dogs run free, check out Doggie Doo at 71 Soi Yen Akkart (D3). Complete with playground, pool and all sorts of training, see www.doggiedoonet for more information. A sidenote: The new Chom Suan restaurant on Sukhumvit Soi 16 (F1) welcomes dogs. Tel: 02-663-2169. Open Mon-Sat 9.30am-3.30pm only.

TC ... we take Bruiser for a ride every weekend for a day out ... either the beach .... or somewhere ... But basically BKK is not a dog friendly city ... thank goodness Bruiser is tiny!

DOWNTOWN DOG PARK OPEN

For pet lovers looking for a place to let their dogs run free, check out Doggie Doo at 71 Soi Yen Akkart (D3). Complete with playground, pool and all sorts of training, see www.doggiedoonet for more information. A sidenote: The new Chom Suan restaurant on Sukhumvit Soi 16 (F1) welcomes dogs. Tel: 02-663-2169. Open Mon-Sat 9.30am-3.30pm only.

Thanks for this.. found the correct website for this at http://www.doggiedoo.net/

It looks good!

b/f couldn't remember where the park was so tried doing a search on the internet and found this on the nancy chandler site ....

DOWNTOWN DOG PARK OPEN

I went to look at Doggie Doo this morning. Since I live on the new airport side of Bangkok, Doggie Doo is much closer for me and is probably where I will be bringing my Golden Retriever to swim. However, I am not sure it is a place to walk your dog. Since their yard is small, I am not sure how they would feel about walk-ins bringing their dogs in to make deposits. For sure, you wouldn't go unnoticed. Conversely, while Pet Paradise Park (PPP) is much further out (on the other side of Rama 8 bridge, past Sririaj Hospital), its land size is at least ten times bigger than Doggie Doo. Its pool is about twice the size and their is a lake if you don't mind your dog jumping in. They provide plastic bags so you can easily clean up. Apart from that their services seem to be about the same (obedience school, pet shop, dog hotels etc.). PPP is run by a Vet, but maybe Doggie Doo's is as well. PPP's website is petparadise2004.com.

Thanks for that info ... will have to take my Golden Retriever to check out PPP :o

I too have a Golden, he is eight and a lovely friend. I am planning a trip to BKK for two to four months and am having a terrible time finding accomodations that allows dogs. Do you think it is worth the health risks and emotional stress on the dog to bring him? I am seeking medical care at Bumrungrad and need a dog friendly accomodation near there--any suggestions?

After reading those 2 sites .... I feel very happy that

a) I have a tiny dog!

b)My dog loves the kennel we take her to!

c) That kennel is CHEAP! (100 baht/day includes food!)

I am planning to bring my dog to BKK for three months. Is kenneling safe for the dog considering exposure to disease?