Govt to sell big lots of rice and paddy

Lite Beer

When 'govt' and 'rice' are mentioned in the same sentence, one can safely assume that it is either bullshit or a lie.

They've been talking (spinning yarns) about overseas sales that 'will happen' for over a year now with no evidence that any sizable sales have been made.

• Like 2

Oh surprise surprise, yet another negative thread about rice. Who are these people who can dictate to the Nonsense newspaper.

2011/2012 22++m tonnes pledged / bought, 2012/2013 same amount expected. It's great news the Thai government has so much rice to sell in profitable G2G deals rolleyes.gif

I got an idea, since they like the Hitler image so much and think nothing about using it for advertising, why not put the Hitler image on every new bag of Thai rice and try to market it? I am surprised that no Thai has tried this new image for Thailand. This is Karma coming back at Thailand for it's initial intention on the Rice scheme, to sway voters and now they will see what they have really accomplished.cheesy.gif

• Like 2

The next level of stealing has started. Now the government has a good reason to sell at a huge loss because it needs money and space. A perfect opportunity for Thaksin to start making deals.

I heard that Thaksin's cousin Surapong was in Malaysia and somebody else was talking to Iran.

in a corruption ridden country as this one

any test that would come out positive for chemicals

will just be destroyed or ignored

not a first world country, but first in the world for corruption

Surprisingly, I have yet to see anyone mention what I believe to be the most obvious reason for this sudden "selloff". Let's consider what we know about this whole scheme:

1) The government purchased rice at above market value.

2) The government allowed "black listed" companies to be included in this deal.

3) Cursory checks determined that large quantities of rice were missing from government stockpiles.

4) Almost immediately after reports of missing rice and rotten stockpiles come to light, they government announces a massive selloff of the rice stockpile.

That leads me to one conclusion. Imaginary rice was purchased by the government (at the inflated) rate) then sold back to the very same people (at the current rate). This is an easy way to siphon money out of the entire budget, without raising any red flags. The paperwork shows "legitimate" transactions. Even under intense scrutiny after the fact, all the numbers will add up.

What makes this an even more devious plan is that the amount of profit made is INCREASED by reports that the stockpiled rice is rotting. This means that the companies can buy back the imaginary rice at an even lower rate, increasing the amount of free money that they get to keep.

I got an idea, since they like the Hitler image so much and think nothing about using it for advertising, why not put the Hitler image on every new bag of Thai rice and try to market it?

The Third Rice.

Catchy.

But Thaksin said his TRT-government would be in-power for only twenty years, not a thousand, and sadly even that figure was a wild over-prediction ! wink.png

Perhaps he should seek out a more-reliable fortune-teller ? whistling.gif

One who gets the world market-price of rice correct ? facepalm.gif