Why has True iService taken over my iphone?!?

pete66

Last night my son sent me a link to watch a football game, and it was to a link to a "True" service.

I happened to be on my iphone at the time, so clicked the link, found I had to 'sign in" so promptly forgot about it. Or so I thought ...

Then an hour later I try to use Safari on my iPhone to get to a bookmarked site and I get redirected to:

http://iservice.truelife.com/info/info_mobile

It doesn't matter what URL or domain I type, it gets redirected there, <deleted>?

I just installed Chrome and same story. No way of accessing any websites now.

Its just a page of Thai with a "click" button at the bottom. Press that and you are told to log in to "True iService"

So True have just hijacked my iphone. Thanks a f***ing bunch you bunch of morons.

For the record, yes I do have a True SIM, but how the hell can they hijack the browsing on my iphone. I am so pissed off right now ...

Any ideas how to get my iphone unhijacked? Why do these gangsters think people appreciate their appalling business methods? I was going to get a True dish next month but am now abandoning the idea. I don't do business with people like this.

Sorry for the diatribe, I'm normally quite calm, but this has really got to me.

Just to be clear, I did *not* download any True iService app. It is not on my iPhone at all, it never was, and it never will be. True have managed to hijack my browsers without me installing anything.

Last night my son sent me a link to watch a football game, and it was to a link to a "True" service.

I happened to be on my iphone at the time, so clicked the link, found I had to 'sign in" so promptly forgot about it. Or so I thought ...

Then an hour later I try to use Safari on my iPhone to get to a bookmarked site and I get redirected to:

It doesn't matter what URL or domain I type, it gets redirected there, <deleted>?

Its just a page of Thai with a "click" button at the bottom. Press that and you are told to log in to "True iService"

So True have just hijacked my iphone. Thanks a f***ing bunch you bunch of morons.

For the record, yes I do have a True SIM, but how the hell can they hijack the browsing on my iphone. I am so pissed off right now ...

Any ideas how to get my iphone unhijacked? Why do these gangsters think people appreciate their appalling business methods? I was going to get a True dish next month but am now abandoning the idea. I don't do business with people like this.

Errr - I think your getting a bit wound up too quick. It's either a user problem or a technical bug. I doubt that anybody could hijack anything on an iPhone as they are quite secure.

Try deleting cookies on ur iPhone, reset it, and it will probably work

Errr - I think your getting a bit wound up too quick. It's either a user problem or a technical bug. I doubt that anybody could hijack anything on an iPhone as they are quite secure.

Try deleting cookies on ur iPhone, reset it, and it will probably work

User problem? :)

If you knew anything about cookies, you would know they were browser-specific. That is why I downloaded Chrome this morning. And as soon as I opened a URL on Chrome, it went straight to that True URL.

So no, not a cookie issue.

Had something similar to this two weeks ago on my computer. I went into Microsoft Picture-It to find some pictures. Immediately after that every single icon on my computer changed to a Picture-It icon, even thought it still called itself for what it was; Skype, Facebook, Excel, Google, and on & on. Every icon that I clicked on went to Picture-It, no matter what it said it was. I finally found a work around to get onto Google and found a file LNK something. It resets all of you icons to the links that are to be under them. It restored everything perfectly. Try searching under "my icons have now all changed to Picture-It". An easy, but most welcome, fix. Hope this helps.

Go to Settings. General. Reset. This wont delete your data. but it will reset the phone to factory settings with your data in place.

You can back up first to your iTunes account.

If you are not sure have a look at the apple site.

I don't think TRUE has hijacked anything on your phone.

Most probably you have used up your internet package and True is now redirecting you to that webpage whenever you are trying to access the internet.

Actually even with an approximate google translation of the page in question you could guess that this is the problem here.

I would suggest to check how many MB are remaining on your Internet package and also try the same using a wifi connection to see if the issue is still present.

Edited by joeed

You may have done this already, but just in case ..... Shut down and reboot. I'm amazed at how many times that works when all else seems not to.

It seems you all have a lot of problems with these high tech phones, why not stick, like me, to a simple Nokia 1616-2, no internet, no mails, no photos but surely no probs

Google Translate of the linked page:

• Information Services.
  • TrueMove H's True iService services which will facilitate you to recharge. Check usage. Package added. Or personal check. Online.
    If the balance is not enough for your Internet connection. This will take you to the service automatically when you use True iService TrueMove. H. Register and Log-in for the first time to use the next time. Or if the device is connected to your email, you can not get SMS to register and Log-in here.
    True iService use this service will not be charged. 3G + | EDGE | GPRS.

So my guess is that your internet quota is used up, and you must contact True to purchase some more, should you wish to use the Internet.

This is no hijacking, it is just a page redirect.

Edited by koo

And much better than what DTAC just did to my grand-daughter - using up about 300 baht of emergency top up load before she returned and could start a new internet plan a few hours later. Those smart phones are rather dumb in they eat up internet charge when no plan is active.

It sounds like they have changed your home page to their own. This can be found in Settings, and you just need to type the URL that you want, instead of the one they have put there and save it as the default, E.G http://www.google.co.uk. This happened on my Android and from what i understand a IPhone works in the same way. Any mobile phone shop here would probably do it for you for 20 Baht or so. Chin up bud, it's not really as bad as it looks smile.png

Edited by lucifer666
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...