Thailand's public transport issues to be solved in 2 months

webfact

Public transport issues to be solved in 2 months

pt.jpg

File photo

BANGKOK, 16 July 2013 (NNT) - The Ministry of Transport is expected to improve the entire public transport system within two months as several issues, such as passengers being rejected by taxi drivers and illegal parking, remain unresolved.

According to Deputy Permanent Secretary for Transport Theerapong Rodprasert, a meeting has been held to find solutions to problems concerning the public transport system in Thailand.

Related agencies and operators of all transport vehicles participating in the meeting were instructed to assess and compile pending issues for submission to Transport Minister Chatchart Sitthipan for consideration within August.

Mr. Theerapong further added that the current issues, including vans parking in prohibited areas, taxi drivers rejecting passengers as well as buses not pulling over at the stop, are expected to be handled within two months.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-07-16 footer_n.gif

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a taxi doesn't want to bring me where I want or wants a fixed price, I leave the back door open and walk away to the next taxi smile.png

Works well, especially in rain cos they get soaked hehe

Sounds a little dangerous

So the government must be improving as the time line for everything is usually 3

I was thinking the same.

Putting such short time frames on things is just a little silly and it will come back to slap them in the face. Chalerm promised to clean up the mafia and scams in three months, that was about 15 months ago and these thing are still flourishing the same as they ever were.

Knock yourself out I say because it is going to take them 3 months to set up a committee then another month to get the 500 million for the dinner bill for the committee members. I'll check back in 2020 and see how the progress is going.

They have already had the crackdown on the taxi mafia and they (BIB) were filmed taking tea money from the drivers.

I'm pretty sure this statement was for Thai consumption and they will not remember nor will the press remind them what was said. It makes them look good as though they were actually going to do something. It's called lip-service and governments around the world are skilled at it. The Thai public doesn't believe the Deputy Permanent Secretary any more than you do.

Of course, you are correct that crackdowns are to increase the flow of 'tea' money.

Edited by rametindallas
  • Like 2

Thais need to learn the difference among issues to be solved, addressed, or discussed. Thais writers and those being quoted continually commingle the words and create deception and confusion among readers. The truth is probably that they have no intention of doing anything about these "transportation" issues, but they don't want to say that so they sidestep around thinking that they are skillful enough to fool us because they have fooled the reporters.

• Like 2

If a taxi doesn't want to bring me where I want or wants a fixed price, I leave the back door open and walk away to the next taxi smile.png

Maybe it's time for them to install the hydraulic open/close mechanism for the back doors like the taxis in Hong Kong :>

And then do they say "OK mate, fair point, I'll take you after all?" Or does it not work at all? Perhaps they think next time "There's another of those farang idiots that leave the door open; I'll not bother stopping to see where he's going"

Anyway, good job, if works

SC

• Like 1

I used to do the same but not leave it wide open. I just used to close it gently so that it didn't shut properly and walk away as if i didn't know.

I think most taxi drivers have caught on to this as I find more and more of them just slide down the front window and ask.

Incidentally, I nearly had a bad experience once when i left the door open. The taxi started to pull away before he realised the door was open. He stopped his car, jumped out and started screaming something at me. I couldn't really hear as I had already walked away (behind his car). He was going to run after me but all the other cars that were stuck behind him started beeping their horns so he thought the better of it and drove off. I must admit i was a little worried that he would do a u-turn further along and come back but that didn't happen.

Any updates on the plan to use helicopters to airlift slow moving vehicles out of the way. If you have been living here for a while you will remember this great idea from the gifted one.

+1 clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

If they'd said that public transport issues would be solved within 20 years, I would have believed them. Maybe. Or enough for an each-way bet. At good odds.

Ahh, c'mon. LOL In twenty years it will be at least twenty times worse, at least. Can you imagine BKK in twenty years. Haa, Infastructure. Ha

So the government must be improving as the time line for everything is usually 3

Just goes to show they don't think much of the intelligence of the people. They thibnk they can say anything and the public will believe them.

I tried and tried to find in the article where they weere going to improve Thailand's public transportation but all I could find was things about Bangkok. Nothing about Thailand.sad.png