Is A Rental Agreement Needed

bmanly

Last year I employed a Law Office to assit me with getting my first one year Thai license. It was all done in Pattaya and it involved me going to Transport Office 20Kms out of Pattaya.

I have all the neccessary papers and visas to renew my license this year.

Last year the Law Office organised the letter from immigration stating my address. This year I want to do it myself, my question is do I need to supply a rental agreement? I ask because I provided no such thing last year and if I do need one how official would such a document be? Would just a typed letter from the farang owner be ok? Thanks.

It's a pretty quiet forum here, 19 reads in a week and no answers. Can anybody assist? Thank You.

Could have something to do with the information you require being in the 2nd post of the pinned thread at the top of this forum :o

It's even titled "Applying For 1 & 5 Year Thai Driving Licences"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...ndpost&p=422669

Hey, at least this post makes a change from "use the f@@@@ng search function" :D

It's a pretty quiet forum here, 19 reads in a week and no answers. Can anybody assist? Thank You.

Could have something to do with the information you require being in the 2nd post of the pinned thread at the top of this forum :D

It's even titled "Applying For 1 & 5 Year Thai Driving Licences"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...ndpost&p=422669

Hey, at least this post makes a change from "use the f@@@@ng search function" :D

Yeah I read all that but it doesn't quite answer my first post, that's why I started this thread. In RDN's post in point 4 it says:

4. A photocopy of and the original document, which is a letter or form (bottom of TM47 form) from Immigration confirming your address in Thailand. They will keep the photocopy and give you back the original document.

I have read in other threads that I pulled up with the search function :o that a rental agreement is needed to prove your address. Point 4 doesn't answer that fully so if I rock up to Immigration will I or won't I need a rental agreement? Thanks :D

I assume you mean a house rental agreement.....? No.

Just go to the local licensing office with your old licence,

passport with a Non-Immigrant visa (tourist visa is not sufficient)

and two photos.

The renewal should take less than 30 minutes.