Pattaya Police Volunteer involved in unlawful South Pattaya shooting

Rimmer

Pattaya Police Volunteer involved in unlawful South Pattaya shooting

shooting-2.jpg
PATTAYA:--Just after 4am on Thursday a 26 year old Thai Man was lucky to escape with his life after he was shot following a motorbike accident and encounter with Pattaya Police Volunteer.

Khun Wasan was taken to Banglamung Hospital after he sustained a flesh wound to his left cheek. The bullet only grazed the left side of his face after the close-range shooting on Pattaya Third Road close to the Sophon Market.

He explained to us that earlier in the night he was involved in a minor road accident whereby his motorbike came into contact with another bike. Khun Wasan paid the other driver 1,000 Baht in compensation for minor damage caused to his vehicle. Khun Wasan assumed this was the end of the case and joined friends at a small Cocktail Bar near the Sophon Market.

Moments later a Pattaya Police Volunteer in uniform arrived to take his ID card, even though he assumed the case was over. Khun Wasan questioned why the volunteer needed the card and after a few minutes the volunteer left empty-handed.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/95840/pattaya-police-volunteer-involved-unlawful-south-pattaya-shooting/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-07-18

Again, a bit confusing story, how was the volunteer involved in the shooting? Would be nice to read these stories and understand them.

What part of the below sentence are you having difficulty with ?

"Moments later a group of 5 to 6 men, one of them being the man Khun Wasan paid the compensation to"

Again, a bit confusing story, how was the volunteer involved in the shooting? Would be nice to read these stories and understand them.

It would also be nice to know why a police volunteer was carrying a firearm...................thumbsup.gif

It would also be nice to know why a police volunteer was carrying a firearm...................thumbsup.gif

There is a report every couple of months about a police volunteer involved in some sort of a shoot out. I have to assume it is normal for them to carry.

I'm with you on this one. The Volunteer Cop asks for ID, gets none and leaves.

A few minutes later, 5 or 6 guys from the previous fracas come in and shoot the victim.

1) How is the Volunteer Cop involved in the shooting? May as well say the bar girl that brought him a beer was involved, too.

2) Where does it say he was carrying a gun?

Edited by impulse

I'm with you. The Volunteer Cop asks for ID, gets none and leaves.

A few minutes later, 5 or 6 guys from the previous fracas come in and shoot the victim.

1) How is the Volunteer Cop involved in the shooting?

Yep, the article is very ambiguous. The only clear involvement that the Volunteer Cop had was that he asked the victim for his ID card.

I'm with you. The Volunteer Cop asks for ID, gets none and leaves.

1) How is the Volunteer Cop involved in the shooting?

Yep, the article is very ambiguous. The only clear involvement that the Volunteer Cop had was that he asked the victim for his ID card.

Get the rope!

1) How is the Volunteer Cop involved in the shooting? May as well say the bar girl that brought him a beer was involved, too.

Impulse, you are absolutely correct; that was me jumping to conclusions in post #4, based on the title of the OP.

My bad

So victim says he had a small accident and did the Thai thing of pay 1000b to the guy, apologize, and go your seperate way. The perfect Thai.

Then someone on a powertrip, either a volunteer police officer or some Dirty Harry wannabe who was probably friends with the other guy wanted to show how big and powerful he is, so off he goes to demand this and that and get his power kick.

Unfortunately his odd demands are refused, so Mr. Powerful Thai loses face and goes off in a huff. Being unable to accept so a dent to his ego he gets his gang, one of whom has a gun, and they go to exert their much needed power and shoot him.

Thai culture and the quest for power, and the reaction to one's ego being hurt and face being lost when that silly quest is unsuccessful. Save face and get power at all costs, so get your gang and gun and shoot the guy daring to refuse your silly power-tripping demands.

Perhaps it was the guy who shot up the chicken vendor when his demand for more sauce was refused, a month or so ago.

Edited by Salapoo
  • Like 2

Impulse, you are absolutely correct; that was me jumping to conclusions in post #4, based on the title of the OP.

My bad

You just responded in a pretty reasonable way to a baiting title. I pretty much expected to read about a rogue volunteer cop who lives life by his own rules...or some such Hollywood drivel.