Chinese Tour Group report Hotel Problems at Pattaya Police Station

Rimmer

I get sick of the racist memberes on this forum and they should be banned. "Plague of Chinese tourists". We should welcome them. Perhaps Thais considser most of the low life sort of Farngs coming to Thailand a plague!!.

Wow...the self-richetious self-appointed PC police are out in force today. My use of the descriptive term "plague" obviously refers to their numbers and their sometimes boorish and/or inconsiderate behavior. The busses that shuttle them around town at all times of the day and night blocking traffic does nothing to endear them to me either. It's especially the case with large tour groups, as they are often members of the lower or working class and don't have much, if any, experience of foreign travel. I guess now ill be accused of being a classest but that's justow I feel.

Are you still talking about Chinese here or are you including Brits, Russians, Americans, Arabs, Indians and all the rest? Pattaya isn't the Maldives. Budget tourism is the bread and butter of the economy here and the more of them that come the better.

I get sick of the racist memberes on this forum and they should be banned. "Plague of Chinese tourists". We should welcome them. Perhaps Thais considser most of the low life sort of Farngs coming to Thailand a plague!!.

Wow...the self-richetious self-appointed PC police are out in force today. My use of the descriptive term "plague" obviously refers to their numbers and their sometimes boorish and/or inconsiderate behavior. The busses that shuttle them around town at all times of the day and night blocking traffic does nothing to endear them to me either. It's especially the case with large tour groups, as they are often members of the lower or working class and don't have much, if any, experience of foreign travel. I guess now ill be accused of being a classest but that's justow I feel.

Are you still talking about Chinese here or are you including Brits, Russians, Americans, Arabs, Indians and all the rest? Pattaya isn't the Maldives. Budget tourism is the bread and butter of the economy here and the more of them that come the better.

Agreed...but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

I've got nothing against the Chinese, Indians, or anyone else. I just dread the thought of 3 billion of them joining the working or middle-class (or even 500M of them) and traveling around the places I like to live in and visit myself. I liked it much better when only those from the western developed economies and Japan had such discretionary income :)

what do you expect for usd 30 accomodation...and how many actually a five star hotel in pattaya?

sorry we look for hahstar hotel.

Reminds me of my first trip to Phnom Penh.

My friend and I told the motorcycle taxi boys we wanted to go to a 5-star hotel. When they took us to

a dodgy part of the city we began to wonder.

Then they stopped in front of this ratty looking hotel with a big sign on the front: "Five Star Hotel."

We had to laugh and forgive them -- they had done exactly what we'd asked them to do.

• Like 2

Best of luck to them. I hope something happens, but doubt it will.

Maybe they need to contact Chalerm? I'm sure he'll have it fixed in 90 days! Or is it now 60 days? 5555555

No just have another crack down.

• Like 1

I wonder how much the police charged them to file a report that was quickly tossed in the can as soon as they walked out of the building?

It costs nothing to make a report if indeed the police took one in what was a civil matter.

A translation of any report would cost 500 baht though if done at Soi 9 station.

It may have been quite prudent for the group to complain to the police. When they get back home they can back up their complaint of 'false' advertising with their tour operator with that police report.