Bank closed on Tuesday 23 July?

I just called Bangkok Bank's CS number, 1333, and after being put on hold "forever", I got through. According to them, the Banks will only be closed on Monday and will be open on Tuesday. The branches in the malls will not close and will have normal hours on all days. Should have known better and called them in the first place rather than getting an "opinion" poll here!

• Like 1

Banks in Thailand are only allowed to close 3 days in a row, hence they will be open Tuesday eventhough it's a public holiday

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I just called Bangkok Bank's CS number, 1333, and after being put on hold "forever", I got through. According to them, the Banks will only be closed on Monday and will be open on Tuesday. The branches in the malls will not close and will have normal hours on all days. Should have known better and called them in the first place rather than getting an "opinion" poll here!

There's no need to adopt that attitude. People were trying to help you.

• Like 2

Sorry I offended you, but I find that its best to remain silent if you don't really know the answer. Just read my motto. Butr if everybody did that here TV would go "tits up"!

Sorry I offended you, but I find that its best to remain silent if you don't really know the answer. Just read my motto. Butr if everybody did that here TV would go "tits up"!

You didn't offend me.

I prefaced my reply with 'I'm told', wishing to pass on what I could but indicating that I wasn't sure. If you don't want that kind of response, Google away and don't ask on a forum.

Banks in Thailand are only allowed to close 3 days in a row,

What is the source of this information? I know this to be true in the US, but not in Thailand. One example is that the banks were closed for Songkran on 15 and 16 April which was a Monday and Tuesday, so they were closed four days in a row.

What is the source of this information? I know this to be true in the US, but not in Thailand. One example is that the banks were closed for Songkran on 15 and 16 April which was a Monday and Tuesday, so they were closed four days in a row.

oh no! I am so confused now!

Probably totally up to the Bank of Thailand. Below is a quote from the Bank of Thailand website regarding the Financial Institution Business Act B.E. 2551, page 18 regarding bank holidays.

Section 37 A financial institution shall open for business at its office, at least, on the date and time as prescribed in the notification of the Bank of Thailand except as permitted otherwise by the Bank of Thailand . Such permission may be granted with any rule to be complied with.

A financial institution shall have traditional holidays in each year as prescribed in the notification of the Bank of Thailand.

A financial institution shall announce date and time opening and closing for business in a public area at the office of such financial institution.

• Like 1

Hm...2 out of 3 of the posts I would consider as "Helpful". How would you expect anyone to "really know" whether every bank in Thailand is open or closed on Tuesday?

I guess Thaivisa is not for you, be sure to ask for a refund on the way out.