Godaddy are getting worse

dave111223

I randomly get an email today informing me that Godaddy has charged me a $20 "Administrative Fee"....huh...

Turns out someone contacted them and claimed my WHOIS info was invalid (information was totally valid), and because of this Godaddy has:

1) Charged me $20 for the trouble

2) Sent me an email that they will cancel my domain in 5 days if I don't correct, the already correct, WHOIS info

So it appears to be that if you want to steal a domain you can just email Godaddy, and hope the owner doesn't update the WHOIS in a week, then the domain gets cancel and you buy it.

Needless to say i transferred my domains over to my namecheap account immediately.

Sounds like a scam to me, by someone other than GoDaddy. I have used them forever with many different domains. They have always been responsive, truthful, and above board. You must be getting emails from a fake site, I hope.

I've also got a little tired of all their tricks. Recently, they auto-renewed an annual hosting account which I no longer wanted. It's not the first time this has happened and in this case I hadn't even logged into that account for a year so they must know that.

If you email them to tell them you don't want to renew, they will tell you that's too bad, you should have unchecked the auto-renew option as per paragraph 5, section 13 of their terms & conditions.

Fortunately I now only use Paypal with Godaddy and a quick few clicks on my Paypal account gets the debit cancelled, no more questions asked. Then Godaddy send an email saying sorry to see you go, here is a special price to renew.

I can't be bothered with them anymore.

I dumped godaddy last year ago as well. Really tacky tricks and to try and to get you pay more by pressing the wrong button in the renewal section.

I am now very happy with hostgator.

In seven years they are my 5th host and the best so far. Hope they can stay afloat.

Namecheap for domain registration. They also have budget hosting. Innerplanet for hosting. Ipower is another budget hosting, but watch their sales team. They'll slip in extra charges if you let them

"...the 2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app (Galaxy Note 2).

Namecheap for domain registration. They also have budget hosting. Innerplanet for hosting. Ipower is another budget hosting, but watch their sales team. They'll slip in extra charges if you let them

"...the 2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app (Galaxy Note 2).