CTH Sat channels

RKASA

I see what channels they offer but even via the web site and schedule I cannot determine what is on them for sure.

I need NFL (American football) and the rest of the current NASCAR season, or live without TV as I have in the past.

I only got true back less a year ago after a 5 year boycott and regret having done so.

Seems or at least currently seems that True has moved the NFL to the platinum - I don't even have an HD tv and paying another 800baht a month just because they fux up their EPL bid and lost a ton of viewers is not something I am going to be paying for. I am not a true bank roll. If need be I can follow the games on dtac internet without a picture and nascar too for that matter.

At any rate if NFL has gone platinum including the preseason which I can already see on the schedule, with some brain dead assumtion I will pay anything to play - then the 1st of Aug is my last True Sat day. I can live without them and the rerun programming and few sports events a month is the only reason to pay for gold never mind platinum - won't happen.

I used Trues 3G for only two months now that we have it here and dumped it already just yesterday for a better deal - the 200k dtac that I had - now I am looking to get rid of the overpriced reruns and poor audio on most channels they never have fixed after the last upgrade scam. I don't know who they have running that company but what a flaming moron they must be. To bad so many true employees will be looking for work soon.

CTH people call center, if that's who I spoke to in Thai, doesn't seems to be on the ball

and enquiries to them re services, fees and channels are waste of time,

they have dummies sitting there manning the phone.

Last season, the NFL was shown on True Sport 3 or 4, which can be viewed with the Gold Package. This package also includes each NASCAR race, NBA games, some major league baseball games and all of the PGA golf tournaments. I'm not sure that True will do the same this year with NFL, i.e., including it in the Gold Package, or changing it to the Platinum package as it had several years ago. One alternative to consider, if you are truly into NFL games, is the NFL Game Pass. It gives you every NFL game played, pre-season, regular season and post-season in HD. You can watch live or any time it's convenient. You can also watch each game as it is broadcast, or in a condensed version where you only see each play. The down-time between plays is edited out. You also have access to NFL Channel talk shows. The cost is about $200 per year, payable in four installments. I got this last year and found it quite good. If you're interested or want to find out more, go to NFL.com and click on "Game Pass". I don't think you'll find sports coverage like True has for American sports on CTH.

Edited by rickb

TrueVisions shows the "Super Knowledge" package has ASN (NFL) for 590 baht. Not much news or movies though...

Thanks - I did not think to look at lesser packages to find an upgrade to ASN but it does give up nascar sprint cup - I saw in the past they had truck series on ASN which I don't normally follow but I can adjust. The super entertainment package also has ASN and movies at 790 plus no equipment fee - still losing F1 and Nascar. I can live without F1 and find a work around for nascar - NFL is a big deal, and it saves rather then costing more which is out bounds at this time.

I already have this gold I can downgrade - any kind of internet solution is out we don't get anything that is affordable over 200kbps around here.

Thanks

RKASA--check with TrueVisions because they told me this morning "downgrading" was not allowed unless you've had some kind of subscription for at least six months.

Which took me by surprise and adds to the reasons I despise TrueVisions bah.gif

Not sure what your NFL requirements are exactly. True/ASN show a limited number of games each week - maybe three on Sunday and one on Monday. If you must see a particular team's games then NFL Game Pass may be an option, assuming you have a decent connection. A lot of people have raved about this streaming solution.

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages

Sometimes they have special promotions/discounts for brief periods.

My experience with CTH is limited but where we have it, in one condo - where it is free, it offers a decent array of channels: Asian Food Channel, Faux News, Al Jazeera, Euro Sport, NHK (English) but no NFL or NASCAR.

ASN has a decent show called "NFL Total Access" which runs frequently - they are covering the run-up to training camps - and they also are replaying some regular season games from last season: Pit v. Bal is on now.

Not sure what your NFL requirements are exactly. True/ASN show a limited number of games each week - maybe three on Sunday and one on Monday. If you must see a particular team's games then NFL Game Pass may be an option, assuming you have a decent connection. A lot of people have raved about this streaming solution.

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages

Sometimes they have special promotions/discounts for brief periods.

My experience with CTH is limited but where we have it, in one condo - where it is free, it offers a decent array of channels: Asian Food Channel, Faux News, Al Jazeera, Euro Sport, NHK (English) but no NFL or NASCAR.

ASN has a decent show called "NFL Total Access" which runs frequently - they are covering the run-up to training camps - and they also are replaying some regular season games from last season: Pit v. Bal is on now.

Agree about the pass as it is the best way to watch NASCAR you get what ever cam you want to see - something like five picture in picture views etc. If I had a working internet I would not need sat TV at all which is one of the reasons maybe we are not getting any internet most places. Thanks I am OK with watching any game if they are not reruns.

NASCAR just inked a new 10 year deal with NBC, starting in 2015, so this might impact cable/satellite availability in a few years.

I think there is some NASCAR coverage on my TrueVisions system (Platinum HD) currently; not sure which channel exactly. Maybe the re-branded Fox Sports?

And ASN has the NFL; pre-season schedule published:

Hall Of Fame Game, Canton, Oh: Dallas Cowboys Vs. Miami Dolphins
HKT 8:00 5-Aug (Live)
Cincinnati Bengals @ Atlanta Falcons
HKT 8:00 9-Aug (Live)
San Diego Chargers @ Chicago Bears
HKT 8:00 16-Aug (Live)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New England Patriots
HKT 8:00 17-Aug (Live)
Indianapolis Colts @ New York Giants
HKT 8:00 19-Aug (Live)
Pittsburgh Steelers @ Washington Redskins
HKT 8:00 20-Aug (Live)
Carolina Panthers @ Baltimore Ravens
HKT 8:00 23-Aug (Live)
Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers
HKT 8:00 24-Aug (Live)
St. Louis Rams @ Denver Broncos
HKT 8:00 25-Aug (Live)
New Orleans Saints @ Houston Texans
HKT 4:00 26-Aug (Live)
Minnesota Vikings @ San Francisco 49Ers
HKT 8:00 26-Aug (Live)
so TrueVisions may be your only option at this point?

NASCAR just inked a new 10 year deal with NBC, starting in 2015, so this might impact cable/satellite availability in a few years.

I think there is some NASCAR coverage on my TrueVisions system (Platinum HD) currently; not sure which channel exactly. Maybe the re-branded Fox Sports?

The ASN is on lesser packages and I had to do the live program search via plat. as the web page does not select the entertainment package etc - That is how I missed the fact that ASN was even on other packages. I will lose NASCAR for NFL but not pay more so that is the way it is for now. If I had a functional internet this would not be an issue as I would not have true Sat at all.

The NBC deal at first looked like a disappointment - but maybe not - Comcast is part of this deal and taking NASCAR to a 24/7 stream. Why bother with Sat TV if you have internet that works.

The ASN is on lesser packages and I had to do the live program search via plat. as the web page does not select the entertainment package etc - That is how I missed the fact that ASN was even on other packages. I will lose NASCAR for NFL but not pay more so that is the way it is for now. If I had a functional internet this would not be an issue as I would not have true Sat at all.

The NBC deal at first looked like a disappointment - but maybe not - Comcast is part of this deal and taking NASCAR to a 24/7 stream. Why bother with Sat TV if you have internet that works.

Dude--ASN covers NASCAR.

The packages are right here:http://www.truevisionstv.com/package.aspx?id=39

Thanks found that the other day that is why I am switching to Entertainment package.

They don't have the Sprint Cup Series (i.e. major league NASCAR) on ASN only the truck series and maybe some nationwide series - that is like watching minor league baseball IMHO. It was Winston Cup, then Nextel and now Sprint Cup as the Cup series name changes with sponsorship over the years but it is all part of NASCAR which covers several different series of racing. Saying NASCAR is like saying MLB and NFL most people assume you mean Cup series as the others are far less popular like AAA baseball.

Channel 113 on Sat is ASN which is not on gold and it shows only other then the Cup series. That is always on ether 108, 109, and 152 which are on gold and plat.. I don't normally care that much about the truck series but will watch it if they don't have the Cup. I didn't see ASN was on the Entertainment Package because you can't search by that package on the web site for live programing and I was looking for NFL and didn't know until yesterday it was even there. Getting as many as 4 NFL games a week on ASN is a better deal at half the price of a gold package without NFL. I will lose the NASCAR Cup series but really wish I could just lose the Sat connection completely.

I am pretty sure that the NASCAR Sprint Cup series, along with the Nationwide series, are on Fox Sports (Ch. 108 on my True HD Cable) and Fox Sports Plus (HD) (Ch. 152). ASN has some dorky NASCAR camper/truck racing.