Looking for a 'Real' DIY Shop

Stifen

Hi all,

I've had an extensive search around the forum and on Google but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

I'd like to make myself a desk to go over my armchair. All the ones you can buy are around 70cm in height (I'm looking for 55-60cm) or they are too big/wrong shape. I see IKEA do lots of different table legs and they seem suitable but their table tops aren't the right size and I don't really want to buy a nice one from them just to cut it up.

So my question is: Where in Pattaya +20km can you go to find table legs, wheels for the legs, table tops etc? Real wood would nice for the table top too. Basically for those from the UK I'm looking for a real DIY shop like B&Q! :-)

Thanks in advance.

If you go through the plastic curtain at the rear of Homeworks (Sukhumvit next to Big C) they have various solid timber table tops, legs and other bits - on the shelves to the left as you enter.

In the main store they have various sizes of timber (on the left just before you reach the plastic curtain) and a range of wheels and castors (the far end of the aisle with screw and nails, on the right hand side of the store).

They also have a service whereby they will build the article for you from your own plan.

I think that Homepro (top floor of Big C Extra) have a similar range.

• Like 1