Farang food cart?

frankwhite

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. His wife says they can sell more when he prepares the food. Not sure if he speaks Thai though.

He is like most other French people, when they speak another language.

They continue to speak French, and then throw some foreign words in, every now and then.

Haha so true!

On youtube comment from his kids: First time we see you again, it has been 8 years that we haven't seen you! it has been a while, don't you think ? Please, reply back in the comment how we can contact you.

It makes me sick to see foreigner running out of their country with kids!

• Like 1

Work permit for food cart ? Do you know what you are talking about ?

You obviously don't, any work needs a work permit if you are not a Thai.

Yes I exactly know that someone who expects a work permit for this is plain stupid.

Become a good 'Thai', show you love the people and the country, make an effort to learn the language and smile, compliment and laugh with the locals every day, show no signs of greed or trying to do over the local businesses and I'm sure anyone would be fine out side of the main tourist areas in the country. Even if one or two locals are disgruntled the Thais will want to reciprocate the love he gives them, and he won't be touched. As with nearly everything here, what you give out will be reciprocated back.

Though many, if not most farangs who live here are just too bitter and hateful/angry to act in such a way. Then wonder why their life in Thailand, and getting things done here is difficult for them.

Salapoo, thanks for the post and video. So true. I love Thailand and its people and trying to assimilate can be rewarding and a life adventure.

• 1 month later...

I've met the guy selling fruit salad and yoghurt a few times on Sukhumvit Soi 4 and Soi 11. He has a Thai girl with him. He is a really friendly guy and genuinely seems to be having fun. I saw him sell out in 15 minutes one afternoon on Soi 4. The girls were loving it, in fact a scream went up in Stumble Inn when he arrived much as one would expect when a rugby team enters the premises. Good luck to him.

Work permit for food cart ? Do you know what you are talking about ?

You obviously don't, any work needs a work permit if you are not a Thai.

Yes I exactly know that someone who expects a work permit for this is plain stupid.

How would he get a work permit without a company. If he has a company, what's to stop him getting a work permit that includes 'field sales research'?

The police don't give a damn... they've never even asked to see a work permit or his passport and regularly stop traffic to let him across the road so he says....