Bangkok Chiropractor

ricklev

I'm looking for a Bangkok chiropractor whose emphasis is on spinal adjustments after locating vertebral subluxations (misalignments) by palpating (touching) the spine. In the chiropractic tradition, this is known as straight chiropractic.

Physical therapy like heat, massage, electric stimulation and nutritional advice are secondary to the removal of subluxations to the extent possible at each visit. The chiropractor will generally spend at least 15 minutes with a patient locating and clearing spinal misalignments.

I've been to a couple of chiropractors here already, one was well intentioned and the other less so..... Neither followed this common branch of chiropractic.

Thanks for your help if you know of a straight chiropractor working in Bangkok, no need for any other health advice, warnings about xrays, etc.

Thanks for your well intentioned suggestion. However, in this thread I'm only looking for a chiropractor who practices in Bangkok following the principles of straight chiropractic.

It's fairly common in the USA (although most chiropractors are what are now called mixers) but I haven't found one here yet.

Edited by ricklev

I've been to a couple of chiropractors here already, one was well intentioned and the other less so..... Neither followed this common branch of chiropractic.

What a surprise. I wish you luck. Finding a good doctor in Bangkok is like trying to get laid at a nun's convention; you can go ahead and keep trying, but it aint going to happen.

Edited by isawasnake

Bangkok: bioenergyasia.com - Dr. Don is the best in bkk.

Phuket: phuketchiropractic.com - Dr. Kell is a licenced sports physiotherapist. This is where I go to pop in an ablative back rib. He loosens all the muscles and then gently pops in the rib.

Edited by kevinsan

For what it's worth, here is a pretty good explanation of straight chiropractic. I went to a straight chiropractic college in the USA and left in disagreement with what they were teaching, which is that the root cause of most disease is spinal subluxation. Nevertheless, I feel great after a proper straight adjustment. It doesn't work for everybody, that's for sure.

I've only found "mixers" here in Thailand.

From http://www.chiropractor-finder.com/straight-chiropractors.htm

lHow Straight Chiropractors Cure The Patients?

The basic theory of chiropractic is that "subluxations" are the cause of most medical issues. A "subluxation" is a misalignment of the spine that allegedly interferes with nerve signals from the brain. Chiropractors believe that by adjusting the misalignments they can thereby restore the nerve signals and cure health problems.

The inventors of the straight strategy are D. D. Palmer and B. J. Palmer. In 1890s, D. D. Palmer started this new approach that is broadly defined as chiropractic care.

Chiropractic Can Be Classified Into Three Main Categories:

• Straight
  • Mixer
  • Reform
In this section, we would try to understand the job function of Straight chiropractors. Straight chiropractors follow the philosophical principles set forth by D.D. and B.J. Palmer, and adhere to the metaphysical definitions and vitalistic qualities. Straight chiropractors believe that vertebral subluxation leads to interference with an "Innate Intelligence" exerted via the human nervous system and is the primary risk factor for several diseases. This interference interrupts the proper flow of Innate Intelligence from "above, down, inside, and out" to the organ to which it travels. As a result, the human body experiences "disease" or disharmony which results in loss of health. They do not diagnose or treat diseases - only detect and cure subluxations. Going by the facts, only about 15 percent of all chiropractors can be called "straight" chiropractors.

The Scope Of Straight Chiropractors Is Limited To:

• The anatomy of the spine and immediate articulations
  • The condition of vertebral subluxation
  • Addressing vertebral subluxations
  • Educating patients and advising them about subluxations
According to straight chiropractors, the medical diagnosis of patient complaints is unnecessary for chiropractic treatment. So they are mainly concerned with the detection and correction of vertebral subluxation via adjustment and do not "mix" other types of therapies. Their approach is metaphysical in nature and they prefer to use traditional chiropractic lexicon terminology that involves spinal analysis, subluxation detection to name a few. They prefer to remain separate and distinct from mainstream health care. This kind of Chiropractic treatment is also called subluxation that is based on the concept that misalignment causes various health conditions or diseases that patients suffer from. According to this theory, a misaligned spine or vertebral disc exerts pressure on the nerve or nerve root, arising from that area in the spine, which results in pain and various health conditions. In straight chiropractic, these misalignments are set right and the nerves are relieved off the pressure, thus triggering healing in the patient.
Edited by ricklev

They all speak English. Just let them know your every wish and desire sahib. I'm sure they can 'adjust'.

It's funny, but the problem is that some of them can't adjust very well and/or they don't believe in adjusting.

Edited by ricklev

he worked for me too, but would have to be considered a mixer because he will recommend things like magnesium supplements and does go through heating cycles before making adjustments.

sorted me out rapidly though

Edited by GirlDrinkDrunk

Dr Philip Perry, 026602659 at Piyavate Hospital sorted me out. Not sure if he does what you're looking for, but you could give him a call and find out. I know he got rid of my pain after one visit -- I am/was skeptical of Chiropractors, now not so much.

I went to Dr Don's clinic - 1 visit, did not go back. after that, was treated by Mark for about 2 years. He took x-rays of my spine, worked out my treatment from that which included lots of spinal manipulation. Very happy. Now I visit Dr Vincens in Pattaya. he is trained in Sweden. I can run your query by him if you like.

I live in Nonthaburi but always travel down to Pattaya to see Dr David Pack(sorry I can't find his number at present) He does not suggest any medications or alternatives.Give him a call.The first consultation is at least half an hour and subsequent ones are about 20 minutes.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thai Chiropratic is right outside of exit #1 at Hua Lamphong MRT. It's inside the building on the left. 2 American chiropractors work there and it's super easy to get there. i was very happy with my treatment.

• 3 weeks later...

American chiropractor. Highly recommended. Works out of two offices. One on hua lampong mrt and the other on ramkenheang road. He has a really bad website but will give you all the information you need. Dr Chase Schneier. The Natural Health Center. 02-729-3699. Can't remember which Center that number is from. Good luck! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• 7 months later...

I want to find a good chiropractor that's doing the "straight chiropractic" that Ricklev wrote about.

I am from Sweden and used to the type of work they practise there.

The clinic should be in Bangkok. We live in Min Buri.

Many talk good about Dr Don above, but we have heard bad things about him. People that don't recommend him.

What do you say?

I just find out something about Holistic Health Systems Lth and their Dr Mark. He is charging 2500 for the first time and 2000 after that. They work 1 hour. That seems to be odd. That should mean that they also do other things like massage and so on

What a surprise. I wish you luck. Finding a good doctor in Bangkok is like trying to get laid at a nun's convention; you can go ahead and keep trying, but it aint going to happen.

"Finding a good doctor in Bangkok...aint going to happen."

Let's hope that no-one takes any notice of that garbage.

• 2 months later...

Thanks a lot for recommending Dr. Don. He is very professional and helped me immediately. It is all done within 20 minutes, you pay 2,000 THB and back pain is gone.

Found this google maps link very useful to find his place:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Bioenergy+Asia+Co.,Ltd./@13.742053,100.564963,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x30e29efae1264915:0xa44a831584472c17?hl=en

Cheers,

Jan

• 3 weeks later...

Try http://www.thailandchiropractor.com/ (Dr Mark Leoni)

Works for me.

Located in Ekamai. Practice is closed for annual holidays but will re-open in a week or two.

Do you have any idea of Dr Mark's prices? Seems worth a try price depending.

FYI dr don is very good, price is 1800 baht first time and 1500 each time after that.

I got treated by Dr Mark and he's excellent! One session lasts 1.5 hours, 1,500 Baht. Might have gone up in the meantime, this is a couple of years ago.

He does a lot of physiotherapy as well, heat packages etc, but I consider this as a good thing.

• 3 months later...

Hi OP,

Have you found one yet? Interested in finding a chiropractor that practices straight chiropractic as well.

Also, do you mind telling me/us which school you went to? I reckon it would be helpful when looking at chiropractors.