Shiatsu Massage?

wilcopops

I used to do Shiatsu Massage but gave it up years ago. I have mixed feelings about it because of some of the peripheral activities and philosophies. I have not seen it in Thailand, but then again - I haven't been looking. I have several tame masseuse to give me thai massage without dislocating anything :)

Used to study and do it. Long time ago. Depending on the problem it is often the only massage that helps.

Try to find a Western Physiotherapist - Shiatsu is a part of their course. How good is a particular therapist in Shiatsu -

depends. But if you are lucky - your problems will go away. Good luck.

Edited by ABCer
  • Like 1

Used to study and do it. Long time ago. Depending on the problem it is often the only massage that helps.

Try to find a Western Physiotherapist - Shiatsu is a part of their course. How good is a particular therapist in Shiatsu -

I don't have a problem - if I did I'd go to a physio. I just like shiatsu foot massage....i don't expect it to solve any medical problems because it can't..

I don't have a problem - if I did I'd go to a physio. I just like shiatsu foot massage....i don't expect it to solve any medical problems because it can't..

I recently bought an Amaxs shiatsu-style back massager from a mall in Bangkok. I've always wanted to try one and never felt like shelling out for a full massage chair. I really like mine; you get full control over heat, and the width and length of the massage modules.

I only mention this because although it's mean for your back, I found if you kick back in your recliner and put it on the foot pads, it doubles as an awesome shiatsu massager for your calves.

My only negative experience was using it in the car when driving; not recommended! It automatically turns off after 15 minutes and the shiatsu rollers lower by default. It's bliss while turned on and agony when off. I had to pull over and take it off.

I also tried (but didn't purchase) the shiatsu foot massagers - that's next on my list.

Edited by aussiebebe