Dtac sucks big time, as usual

jbrain

I have a 3Gb unlimited 3G package with Dtac, which cycle starts at the 7th of each month.

Every month there are issues, with data disappearing or not able to connect to the server or whatever.

Now I check my usage frequently through the landing page, and it showed on 17 July that I had used 1,2 Gb already so had 1.8 Gb usage left.An average of 100 Mb per day, as I avoid downloads and have flash disabled by default to avoid surprises.

On 20 July I'm not able to connect to the Dtac servers, so I call the service line and they reset my connection. After 30 minutes it starts again.

Today, 22 July I notice that my speed is slow, so I go to the landing page and it gives me the message " Your current package is not unlimited internet package or 3G booster package"

I call the service center again and they say I have used my 3GB of allowed usage. I tell them that 5 days ago I still had 1.8Gb allowance left and I haven't done any downloads at all.

No they say, I have used 3.04 Gb between 16 July and 21 July.

So I had only 1.8 Gb data left on my credit on the 17th but nonetheless I was able to use 3.04 Gb in the next 4 days?

So what was my usage between 7 July and 16 July then , I ask. You had no usage between those dates sir.laugh.png

The best 3G provider in Thailand, isn't it Lomatopo.

Edited by jbrain

i don't see anything suspicious, your phone might have used the data if you didn"t turn 3g off. automatic sync with dropbox comes to mind.

My sim is in an aircard, not a phone.

If you see nothing suspicious, lets look at the facts.

- The package has been in use every day since the 7th of July, yet Dtac has no usage record between 7 and 16 July

- I checked the usage myself the last time on 17 July and had 1.8 Gb allowance left. Then why would I be allowed to use 3.04 Gb in the next 4 days ? Remember Dtac claims I used all of my allowance between 16 and 21 July.

Edited by jbrain

I have Dtac unlimited with 1 Gb of 3G. Been using this for 3 years with unending problems, but it's still better than other offerings I have tried or have close friends using. I use the package with only 1 Gb of 3G because there is no 3G where I am.

This months renewal went like this...

48 hrs before due I get the usual sms saying it's going to expire at such-and-such time/date

A couple of minutes later I get an sms saying that I had used 403.7 Mbs of my allowance

I top up the credit and the renewal time comes and goes without hitch.

I dial *101*4*9# to check the renewal date next time and all appears well.

A minute later I get an sms saying that I have used 433.1 Mbs of my 3G allowance.... <deleted>???

Calls to the operators have always proved to be polite but totally ineffective, so I don't bother anymore - especially since I don't have 3G, and it is disabled on my phone.

On inquiry a bit deeper it appears that they do NOT count the bandwidth used at 3G speeds, they just count your bandwidth of all types and that gets taken off your 3G allowance.

Having said all that - I find the UK and Spanish providers just as bad when I go back to Europe occasionally sad.png

P.S. Just to say that I can not check my balance online as I never registered my sim card. With the level of competency displayed I am happy that they don't know who I am . ;)

Edited by jpinx

I have Dtac unlimited with 1 Gb of 3G. Been using this for 3 years with unending problems, but it's still better than other offerings I have tried or have close friends using. I use the package with only 1 Gb of 3G because there is no 3G where I am.

This months renewal went like this...

48 hrs before due I get the usual sms saying it's going to expire at such-and-such time/date

A couple of minutes later I get an sms saying that I had used 403.7 Mbs of my allowance

A minute later I get an sms saying that I have used 433.1 Mbs of my 3G allowance.... <deleted>???

Calls to the operators have always proved to be polite but totally ineffective, so I don't bother anymore - especially since I don't have 3G, and it is disabled on my phone.

On inquiry a bit deeper it appears that they do NOT count the bandwidth used at 3G speeds, they just count your bandwidth of all types and that gets taken off your 3G allowance.

Having said all that - I find the UK and Spanish providers just as bad when I go back to Europe occasionally sad.png

That is an occurrence I have posted about umpteen times already in the past, as it happens to me almost every month.

My original cycle date was actually on the 16th of every month but due to a glitch in their PERFECT system, 3 months ago it got a complete reset to the 7th of every month.

You can hate them all - I just dumped true because they intentionally cut my 2G unlimited after 3G use down to 40kbps. I said I should get 128k which is still a rip off to begin with as 2G is 385k normally, but this is locked solid at 40k. Not a traffic problem ether it was flat out locked down. Topping topping topping is all they wanted to talk about at 350 baht per 1GB. Screw them if they can't simply live up to the contracted service I already paid for. Where the hell is consumer protection around here anyway. So it is back to paying for a min. of dtac 3G I can't get from home in order to have a solid 215k of the 385 it should be but at least opens an email or a web page unlike anything I got from true at higher prices.

3G in Thailand is not a solution to anything it is a scam and waste of time and money. It is only of any use with a smart phone that does not need full internet or a person that has a connection at home or office to begin with or maybe a tourist for a short time. It is not the real internet and never will be with these limitations.

The main problem is ToT keeps cutting the price of adsl and increasing speed for those that have service rather then their job of providing some service with the money they have to connect millions of people that are still waiting as much as 15 years already - talk about the largest fail in this country and ToT is the top, they must be getting a 3G kickback from true.

Over on another thread they were raving about True 3G. Where are you guys based - Bangkok or the provinces? If it's the provinces, you can't really expect a rural community in a third world country to support 3G.

Out in the sticks I don't expect 3G and I have disabled it on my phone (N900), but I expect my total lack of use of 3G to be reflected in the remaining credit of Mbs available - not just evaporating. bah.gif

• Like 1

Got a message a couple of weeks back saying I'd used up my 500 mb and that I'd been reverted to 64 kbps. The problem is my package isn't 500 mb, and that was only a couple of days into my monthly subscription. Since I'm using JB, I check my data usage and it was a mere 85 mb. I'll be reverting back to my tot 3g at the end of my subscription.

Got a message a couple of weeks back saying I'd used up my 500 mb and that I'd been reverted to 64 kbps. The problem is my package isn't 500 mb, and that was only a couple of days into my monthly subscription. Since I'm using JB, I check my data usage and it was a mere 85 mb. I'll be reverting back to my tot 3g at the end of my subscription.

Maybe a good move. ;)

Do you have a link to a listing of their packages ?

If unhappy with the telcos - and they all suck more than they are good - complete these attached forms. The NBTC Consumer Protection Division -- pretty useless and never even acknowledge receipt of complaints, but they are the regulatory authority. Unfortunately they don't understand the words "regulatory authority" but it does start a paper trail.

The more active place to complain is the Foundation for Consumer Complaints Board marked attention Khun Saree Aongsomwang, Director.

The NBTC forms have the email / fax address on them. The FCB complaint should be emailed to [email protected]

You can either use the FCCB form attached or send it as an email. They both require a copy of your passport and WP (if you have one), copy of a bill from the telco and your detailed complaint including details of any losses incurred.

Bitching and moaning on here does little good apart from providing an opportunity to vent. After filing several complaints with the NBTC Consumer Protection Division and not having received back a single reply someone I know who is employed by the NBTC and was formerly on the telecommunications consumer protection sub committee told me to send my complaints to the FCCB because they are active in pursuing complaints.

My detailed complaint was emailed yesterday and I will wait to see if this is true or not.

The same person said the majority of complaints they receive each month are about True, though added the other two carriers are also well represented by complaints.

The more complaints, the more likely action will be taken. In any event, it can't be any less effective than venting on TV.

NBTC Complaint Form2013eng.pdf

form-compliant-en-1.doc

Since Dtac had promised to report back within 24 hours, but ofcourse no call had come forward, I called 1678 again.

I got the message that nothing was wrong with their system and that I had used up my allowance.

So I challenged them to tell me my usage between 7 and 16 July, from which they had no record, however there was nothing wrong with their system smile.png

Told them that I had been online several hours every day during that period, and asked them again if they didn't consider it strange that there was no record of it , and then be able to use 3Gb in the next 5 days.

Then it went silent for a few minutes and when the service agent returned she told me that my number would be reset with a new 3Gb package which would expire on 23 August smile.png

Of course there is nothing wrong with their system.

Since Dtac had promised to report back within 24 hours, but ofcourse no call had come forward, I called 1678 again.

I got the message that nothing was wrong with their system and that I had used up my allowance.

So I challenged them to tell me my usage between 7 and 16 July, from which they had no record, however there was nothing wrong with their system smile.png

Told them that I had been online several hours every day during that period, and asked them again if they didn't consider it strange that there was no record of it , and then be able to use 3Gb in the next 5 days.

Then it went silent for a few minutes and when the service agent returned she told me that my number would be reset with a new 3Gb package which would expire on 23 August smile.png

Of course there is nothing wrong with their system.

I doff my cap to your tenacity wai.gif -- but to be honest I am so bored with bad service now I just factor it in ;)

The one thing that is currently driving me nuts is the very poor quality of *ANY* of Dtac's internet connections. I log a simple 30 second ping to my proxy in EU, and there are pings of over 5 minutes and huge complete breaks of ten minutes and more every hour or so. bah.gif

If unhappy with the telcos - and they all suck more than they are good - complete these attached forms. The NBTC Consumer Protection Division -- pretty useless and never even acknowledge receipt of complaints, but they are the regulatory authority. Unfortunately they don't understand the words "regulatory authority" but it does start a paper trail.

The more active place to complain is the Foundation for Consumer Complaints Board marked attention Khun Saree Aongsomwang, Director.

The NBTC forms have the email / fax address on them. The FCB complaint should be emailed to [email protected]

You can either use the FCCB form attached or send it as an email. They both require a copy of your passport and WP (if you have one), copy of a bill from the telco and your detailed complaint including details of any losses incurred.

Bitching and moaning on here does little good apart from providing an opportunity to vent. After filing several complaints with the NBTC Consumer Protection Division and not having received back a single reply someone I know who is employed by the NBTC and was formerly on the telecommunications consumer protection sub committee told me to send my complaints to the FCCB because they are active in pursuing complaints.

My detailed complaint was emailed yesterday and I will wait to see if this is true or not.

The same person said the majority of complaints they receive each month are about True, though added the other two carriers are also well represented by complaints.

The more complaints, the more likely action will be taken. In any event, it can't be any less effective than venting on TV.

Thank you - I will put them to good a frequent use.

I am on AIS 3G and its previous incarnations. The data used counted on my Samsung phone and the billing system of AIS agree within a few kb. I am on 2Gb monthly plan and struggle to used much over 1GB a month and have a lot programs installed but I do turn Wi-Fi on when at home at night. I am based in Bangkok. Based on what seen with my partner and her daughter viewing online videos is the biggest user of Data plus automatic syncing of email, dropbox etc or other such services. That not to say DTAC and TRUE do not have a major problem with their data billing systems as carriers in other countries certainly have had some very big issues like double bill etc.

I am on AIS 3G and its previous incarnations. The data used counted on my Samsung phone and the billing system of AIS agree within a few kb. I am on 2Gb monthly plan and struggle to used much over 1GB a month and have a lot programs installed but I do turn Wi-Fi on when at home at night. I am based in Bangkok. Based on what seen with my partner and her daughter viewing online videos is the biggest user of Data plus automatic syncing of email, dropbox etc or other such services. That not to say DTAC and TRUE do not have a major problem with their data billing systems as carriers in other countries certainly have had some very big issues like double bill etc.

I'm a little confused blink.png You say you struggle to use 1 Gb of 3G even with partner and daughter watching movies, or do you have a different usage profile ?

As a matter in interest - does the AIS service suffer from breaks and long ping times much ?

Thank you - I will put them to good a frequent use.

That's my plan also.

Swamp them with paperwork and reports. I'm now firing them off if the fault is not fixed in 48 hours and keeping screen captures of sh*tful ping results. 300+ msec pings are ridiculous, as to are some of the lies told as reasons.

Unfortunately I have True and with all their divisions, True Online, TrueH, TrueVisions the one they seem to have missed registering is True BS

So, you mean Thailand is the only country in the world with internet AND rain? I can see that must be a challenge

Over on another thread they were raving about True 3G. Where are you guys based - Bangkok or the provinces? If it's the provinces, you can't really expect a rural community in a third world country to support 3G.

Which Thailand are you talking about? Thailand Southeast Asia is not a third world country. It's the telcos here that are third world along with the thinking of the NBTC.

In the case of True It doesn't help that its strapped for cash or that it's parent company is financially stressed.

Ever been to Cambodia? I can stick my aircard where the sun doesn't shine and clamber 50m underground into a coal pit and still get 3G over there. :)

It's everywhere. Fast, cheap & reliable.

Thailand is on the cusp of becoming a middle-class, industrialized nation.

Which Thailand are you talking about? Thailand Southeast Asia is not a third world country. It's the telcos here that are third world along with the thinking of the NBTC.

In the case of True It doesn't help that its strapped for cash or that it's parent company is financially stressed.

Ever been to Cambodia? I can stick my aircard where the sun doesn't shine and clamber 50m underground into a coal pit and still get 3G over there. smile.png

Ever been to Cambodia? I can stick my aircard where the sun doesn't shine and clamber 50m underground into a coal pit and still get 3G over there.

How is the connection while seated laugh.png

To answer your other comment, if the telco's are third world and so are the utility companies as well as the government attitude and the living conditions of a big part of their population, then I think it can in fact be called a third world country.

Ever been to Cambodia? I can stick my aircard where the sun doesn't shine and clamber 50m underground into a coal pit and still get 3G over there. smile.png

Ever been to Cambodia? I can stick my aircard where the sun doesn't shine and clamber 50m underground into a coal pit and still get 3G over there.

To answer your other comment, if the telco's are third world and so are the utility companies as well as the government attitude and the living conditions of a big part of their population, then I think it can in fact be called a third world country.

Without the intention of taking this thread off topic, there are defined standards used internationally to define a middle-class, industrialised economy.

A Third world country is easily defined in six words. Where you can't drink the water :D My tap water is fine :)

Oh, while seated 3G in Cambodia is little bit crappier, but not as crap as here. Just need to use a USB cable ;)

Without the intention of taking this thread off topic, there are defined standards used internationally to define a middle-class, industrialised economy.

A Third world country is easily defined in six words. Where you can't drink the water biggrin.png My tap water is fine smile.png

Oh, while seated 3G in Cambodia is little bit crappier, but not as crap as here. Just need to use a USB cable wink.png

My part of thailand is 3rd world, by your definition -- even the locals don't drink the tap water ;)

• 1 month later...

Monthly update of the quality 3G internet provider called Dtac.

Current package unlimited 650 Baht package expired today 23/9 at 1.40 pm.

Topped up 700 Baht at 10 am through online banking.

Log in to the internet at 11pm and notice that connection is slow, so I log in to the Dtac landing page.

695 Baht is deducted from the account and it show the following message.

Your package expires 1.40pm on 23/10/2013

You have not subscribed to unlimited package or 3G booster package.

Congratulations once again Dtac

My favorite quote, from nine (9) months ago...

I have changed to True move H already, and indeed Dtac will not get my business ever again.
cheesy.gif
Passive-aggressive much? whistling.gif

Eyes and memory not so good anymore Lomatopo ?

You have asked me the same question in that topic you now link to again and I've answered it for you also.

Do it one more time to refresh your memory.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/614244-true-move-now-charging-when-you-hit-your-limit/#entry6049107

So I think we can agree to disagree that in Thailand internet providers just do as they like and don't give a S**t about their customers.

Service in exchange for your money ? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by jbrain

So i called up Dtac right after my last post, and got an agent at the other side of the line who claimed to have 10 years experience at Dtac and who knew everything ( wow). She told me she would reset my account once again, and within 15 minutes my problem would been solved.

Well that was the end of my internet connection for the next 2 hours. Then they started blatant lying that the technical department had called me at 10am, but I hadn't answered the phone.bah.gif ..They said there was a problem with my SIM only or my aircard. smile.png

When I told them that I had another Dtac SIM, and that if they couldn't activate the SIM I was using they could just transfer the money from one card to the other and activate that one, they finally admitted that there was a problem with the system and they currently couldn't reactivate ANY customer.

So anyone who wanted to activate a new package yesterday morning couldn't get connected.

Of course the problem is with me, isn't it Lomatopo ?