Government is ignoring the needs of ageing Thais

webfact

It's a third world country........ what do you expect ? Simply survival of the fittest and everyone for himself.............sad to say.

It wasn't always like that. that is an idea brought in by westerners and called progress.sad.png

What a nonsense, utter nonsense ! Since when are thailand and the thais influenced by bad western ideas/ influences as you state ? A person with so many posts as you have should be ashamed to make a statement like that. Good though that you made a western toilet for your MIL. For that i compliment you !

It's a third world country........ what do you expect ? Simply survival of the fittest and everyone for himself.............sad to say.

It is time for the United Nations to have a World tax so China USA and Europe will be forced to aid the poorer counties. No reason for rich countries.

Also I bet the Chinese will love to Aid the Poorer Nations

Thailand has plenty of mouldy rice in storage.

Free rice for pensioners!

Doesn't cost the government anything.

They tried that in Pitsanaluok a short while back and the old people complained it was so rotten even the dogs wouldn't eat it.

Was on the news at the time

Really? That's an appalling thing to do, was it a publicity stunt?

This one of a hundred that could be covered-re, ignoring the needs.

backward kids--down syndrome ---crippled kids and adults--unwanted kids and deformed babies--paths good enough for wheelchairs---who gets wheelchairs anyway ??? I see countless aged people even without crutches-or zimmer frames--- PART of corrupt practices would fund ALL these and many more cases. I give unwanted articles to elderly locals, clothes-reading glasses-household not wants, wish the government could show more compassion.

I think another problem is that even though Thais who paid into their Social Security pension program can start collecting at Age 55- they are only allowed to collect for 15 years so what happens if they live to Age 80 ?

Then it is quite simply, UP TO YOU!