Disgusting insects in the bathroom as high as 26th. floor?

zappalot

this morning I was quite surprised to see this in the bathroom of our condo in the 26th floor:

780pest_bathroom.jpg

we have not seen a cockroach in eight months, we never have mosquitoes over here and I was sure that such beasts will not show up here...

Does anyone has similar experiences?

It's a centipede. Pick it up, they like that.

Sounds like you want to live in a sterile environment. Forget it. You're in the tropics an they are coming eventually.

I presume you meant this as a joke.

Centipedes come with a very painful sting. My advice is to kill on sight.

zappalot,

Immediately you should cover the drain hole with a empty cup that fits perfectly! Since the drain hole leads to sewerpipe and you know what's down there, whole lots of bugs and roaches! Also, covering the drain hole, no odor can permiate to your bathroom!

Edited by bkkbudddy

They sell filters that fit into drain holes to block critters from coming through. I don't know where to buy them in BKK but maybe at one of those home pro places. My maid in Singapore bought them to cover every drain in my place as I had critters coming up as well.

• Like 1

You can buy little mesh cups for the shower drain at the 20 baht ,or is it 25 baht shops now, in the shopping centres . They are designed to catch all the crap before they block up the drains but they would also stop insects coming up the drain. The problem is these mesh filters always seem to get removed so the hair and other crap can go down the drain more freely where it is out of sight. .