Non O visa 1 year extension(marriage)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everybody,

My NON O extension is valid untill 2 october 2013. Than we wont to change it in a marriage extension. Can somebody tell me how many days before my extension expired (2 october) we have to go to the immigration to apply for the marriage extension??

Thanks in advance!

There is no minimum time but the max seems to be set at 45 days now (most were using 30 days max until this month). Several weeks before expiration is normally fine - it still gives time to get any extra paperwork or allow for sick days but earlier will always provide more such time. As the start period will be at end of current stay nothing lost in being early.

Ok guys... My visa extension experience..

So it took me a day and a half to do it.

I thought I had everything BUT CLEARLY NOT.. Hahahaha

My Mistakes:

1 - Real photos needed to be pasted onto A4 paper not printed on.

2 - Tabien Baan: since I live with my wife's family the Tabien Baan needs to be signed by the owner the house plus photocopies of his/her ID signed as well, plus you need to get a letter which needs to be filled out by the owner of the house stating he/she is really the owner, signed as well

3 - Witness: your neighbor needs to come with you on your first time applying. Your neighbor also needs to bring with him/her their ID AND TABIEN BAAN.

4 - Photos - I had to take from inside the bedroom, house number, in the lounge and also the whole house...you and your partner present in every picture.

5 - New passport - if you have a new passport, you will need to make photocopies of your old passport like of your visa and stamp corresponding to the date you legally got married.

6 - TM.7 form - I printed it out by myself and filled it out but what I did wrong was print it out on 2 pages instead of back and front in 1 piece of paper.

7 - Bank Statement - My fixed deposit bank account is set up that the money has to stay in for min 5 months before any transactions can be done, so what this means is that no depositing or withdrawing can take place during the 5 months( my money has been in for 4 months). Immigration is going to want you to deposit money into the bank on the same day so that when you update your book everything can be shown. BUT my account won't allow me to deposit so in a case like this your will need to get a Bank Statement from the bank showing your updated passbook.

So ya what a Monday I had.. Managed to finish everything Tuesday morning.

Hope this helps someone

And again really appreciate your guys help.

I went in for my marriage extension yesterday. Had all my paperwork in order, took about 35 minutes. the officer sorted, shuffled and stacked papers while I read a book and my wife just sat (it's a Thai thing). I did NOT need the new KR2 in Phitsanulok. They did not ask for it and I did not produce it.

Just to highlight what can be different between offices I'll contrast some points with Jody:

For several years, I preprinted my photo on the form and it was fine. Last year and this year, they wanted a separate photo which I had and handed over. It was exactly the same as the one on the form, but he pasted over the top. Go figure.

2 - Tabien Baan: since I live with my wife's family the Tabien Baan needs to be signed by the owner the house plus photocopies of his/her ID signed as well, plus you need to get a letter which needs to be filled out by the owner of the house stating he/she is really the owner, signed as well

My father-in-law owns the house I live in, as shown in the tabien bann. He has never participated in my visa in any shape form or fashion -- only my wife and I have participated in my extension.

3 - Witness: your neighbor needs to come with you on your first time applying. Your neighbor also needs to bring with him/her their ID AND TABIEN BAAN.

I have NEVER produced such a witness and would refuse if asked. It is not required by law and I would not think of inconveniencing my neighbor in such a manner.

4 - Photos - I had to take from inside the bedroom, house number, in the lounge and also the whole house...you and your partner present in every picture.

I have only produced photos of the outside of the house with house number and my wife and I in the picture. Last year, an officer said we needed pictures of the bedroom. I politely told her that the inside of the house was private, pictures of it were not required by law and I would not be producing them. I told her that if she could show me the written requirement, I would be more than happy to comply. Never heard any more about it.

5 - New passport - if you have a new passport, you will need to make photocopies of your old passport like of your visa and stamp corresponding to the date you legally got married.

N/A.

6 - TM.7 form - I printed it out by myself and filled it out but what I did wrong was print it out on 2 pages instead of back and front in 1 piece of paper.

I always provide it on two pages, never front and back on one piece of paper. They have never complained about this.

7 - N/A

Well, all's well that ends well.

Edited by Ticketmaster

Yeah I am definitely going to have a beer this evening....

Oh yes and tomorrow the officer from the immigration is coming to my house.

Can someone please share some light on what the officer will be doing at my house tomorrow? Anyone experience this before?

He will take a few pictures of you and your wife together and maybe interview a few neighbours, all to confirm that you are indeed living together as man and wife and the marriage is real. That is their single purpose, confirmation that the marriage is real and document that they really visited you.

I went in for my marriage extension yesterday. Had all my paperwork in order, took about 35 minutes. the officer sorted, shuffled and stacked papers while I read a book and my wife just sat (it's a Thai thing). I did NOT need the new KR2 in Phitsanulok. They did not ask for it and I did not produce it.

Just to highlight what can be different between offices I'll contrast some points with Jody:

For several years, I preprinted my photo on the form and it was fine. Last year and this year, they wanted a separate photo which I had and handed over. It was exactly the same as the one on the form, but he pasted over the top. Go figure.

My father-in-law owns the house I live in, as shown in the tabien bann. He has never participated in my visa in any shape form or fashion -- only my wife and I have participated in my extension.

I have NEVER produced such a witness and would refuse if asked. It is not required by law and I would not think of inconveniencing my neighbor in such a manner.

I have only produced photos of the outside of the house with house number and my wife and I in the picture. Last year, an officer said we needed pictures of the bedroom. I politely told her that the inside of the house was private, pictures of it were not required by law and I would not be producing them. I told her that if she could show me the written requirement, I would be more than happy to comply. Never heard any more about it.

N/A.

I always provide it on two pages, never front and back on one piece of paper. They have never complained about this.

7 - N/A

Well, all's well that ends well.

Do you have a link to the Thai/English Law, so I can do the same thing if necessary?

Think I will have a "binder" too!

• 2 months later...

2 problems for extending my non-O marriage. Kasikorn wouldn't give me the letter I need, since it was not my home province. Then immigration said that since I have no child, I need 2 friends to come with me.

A long 1 hour drive home with a complaining wife...

2 problems for extending my non-O marriage. Kasikorn wouldn't give me the letter I need, since it was not my home province. Then immigration said that since I have no child, I need 2 friends to come with me.

A long 1 hour drive home with a complaining wife...

Which province?

We were at CW last week for my next extension (fifth continuous) - a few points related to points raised on this thread:

1. They do not need duplicate copies of everything. One copy is enough. When copying the pp, they prefer it copied on one side of paper only, not two sided as I had, although they accepted it.

2. They have never asked for a KR2 update ever since we've been there. We just show original.

3. The photo on the TM7 (this was a new one for me - there is always something new one hasn't planned on each yr isn't there??). They said if the stick on photo I gave on the TM7 was found to be same as last years application, it would be rejected. As I couldn't remember, I went and got a new photo downstairs for 100THB.

4. The bank letter and book update. Even KBank cannot get this right in the CW building where they must know surely? The bank updated the book with a collective summary deposit/withdraw amount over a longer period than the 2 months immigration qualification required. I had to go back to bank and get a detailed breakdown letter covering the two months of transactions as well as their bank letter.

5. Blue books (Tabien bahn) needed for all children you may have.

6. Immigration process was very fast, not even a queue to wait in. Immigration staff were as surly as ever, but since we had a two year old daughter with us they did finally break a smile at the end.

Edited by Digitalbanana