Non O visa 1 year extension(marriage)

Hi guys

I am going to extend my Non O on Monday and I'm stressing out a bit.

I need help with 2 things.

1.Could someone please give me an updated list of the required documentation need for applying please.

2. I live in Ayutthaya so where do I go to apply for my first Non O 1 year extension. Chaengwattana or Ayutthaya?

Oh yes I already have 400 000 baht in my Thai bank for over two months already.

Would really appreciate the help guys

Thanks a million

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Question 1, you can use this as a guideline:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/562523-list-of-docs-required-for-extension-of-stay-marriage-pattaya-jomtien/

I hope it helps

Edit: // Added PS

Ps: Question 2.

According to this MAP http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/20120208_imm_map.jpg you have to go Ayuthaya Immigration which is responsible for

1. Ayuthaya
  2. Angthong
  3. Suphanburi

But this is a map from 2004, so I don't know if it's up to date. A more informed member will soon come around and will comment !

wai.gif

Edited by MJCM

This is what I present at CW every year and have had no probs...........

*TM7 application form & photo

B1,900 fee

*Passport

*Departure Card (TM6)

*90 days slip

Signed copy of Passport & Dep. Card & 90 days slip

*Marriage certificate

Signed copy of marriage cert

*Updated KR 2 from Amphur

*Tabien Baan

Signed copy of Tabien Baan

*Spouse’s ID card

Signed copy of Spouse’s ID card

Signed map of address

*Photos of house/wedding

*Letter from bank (dated day of application)

*Bank Savings book (updated on day of application)

Signed copy of bank savings book

* = originals

I think that the first application, the B400k has to be in the bank for 3 months (not 2). Am I right?

Edited by Cuchulainn
  • Like 1

You should get an updated KR2 from your Amphur not earlier than 6 months before application. Obviously, the closer the new KR2 to the date of application, the better. This goes to show that you haven't filed for divorce and are still married.

Again, I ask, isn't it 3 months seasoning of B400k on first extension? I'd check that one out.

No it is two months for all applications.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an
alien must have an average annual income of not less than
40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank
of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses
within a year.

You should get an updated KR2 from your Amphur not earlier than 6 months before application. Obviously, the closer the new KR2 to the date of application, the better. This goes to show that you haven't filed for divorce and are still married.

Again, I ask, isn't it 3 months seasoning of B400k on first extension? I'd check that one out.

WHAT??? An "updated" KR2??? I have renewed my extension six times and have always used a copy of the original one I got when I got married. I have never heard of an "updated" one. Is this something new? I go in one week from now, so this is a little bit of shocking news.

If I need an "updated" KR2, do I have to go to the amphur where I got the original one (very far away), or can I get it at the amphur in which I now live?

Isn't it enough that my wife comes in with me and signs all the papers swearing that we are married?

Wow, what's next?

If you need a new one you get it from the amphur where you live now.

Takes about 10 minutes depending how busy they are and costs 20 Baht.

When I applied in February the Immigration officer told me to bring the same one next year.

As we know, all offices are different.

At Jomtien you have to provide an updated KR2 each year until they ask you not to provide one. So 2 years ago and last year I had to provide a new one and last year they said we could use the one from last year for this year as well. Naturally, I don't believe them and as we live just up the road from the Amphur and quite a long way from the Jomtien Immigration, last week my wife and I went and got two updated KR2's just in case.

A simple process, just the original and a single copy of

-my passport

-my wifes ID card

-the house book

-marriage certificate

We had to wait about an hour, but much easier in our case than driving all the way to Jomtien and then the officer deciding we need an updated KR2 after all.

Mind you I arrive at Jomtien with every document I have ever been issued with and have them in my briefcase or in the car just in case, along with wedding photos from our wedding 11 years ago. Yes over the top I know, but I never know just what daft new requirement they will have thought up since the last time we went - and as the renewal is next month, is the reason I am now scouring Thai VIsa for any new rules since last timewink.png

Exactly, Ticketmaster, what IS next?!! There's always something new they want. It seems the KR2 is a relatively new requirement and any Amphur can issue you it upon request. It only takes a few minutes to print out and is B20. The missus can go for you (mine does).

Mind you I arrive at Jomtien with every document I have ever been issued with and have them in my briefcase or in the car just in case, along with wedding photos from our wedding 11 years ago. Yes over the top I know, but I never know just what daft new requirement they will have thought up since the last time we went - and as the renewal is next month, is the reason I am now scouring Thai VIsa for any new rules since last timewink.png

Very sound advice. Getting ready to unbolt the kitchen sink ready for next year!! tongue.png

I was asked for the Kor Ror 2 for the first time last year. Immigration showed my wife what they wanted, she then made a quick trip to the local Amphoe to get it and was back at immigration in a few minutes.

Well, I'm sure glad I read this thread. Like dsfbrit, I have a binder with every possible form, set of pictures, etc., they could ask for. They are always surprised when they ask for something and I open my binder and pull it out.

But last year, they got me when they asked for an updated copy of my bank book, even though I had the bankverification letter, dated the same day I went to immigration, and a same day ATM slip verifying the balance. I had not updated the passbook, because I had not taken anything out in two months -- no activity, no update. They said I needed to deposit 100 baht so I could get an update. Their theory was that even though I had a bank letter stating that the 400K had been there for two months, the letter did not prove anything. They had never asked for this before.

I am "Mr. Prepared," but lately, it seems they pull a new rabbit out of their hat every year. So, thanks to this thread, I'll be prepared when they pull this rabbit out of the hat. Sometimes I feel like there is a little gamesmanship going on. But, if you want to stay, you have to play. I go in next week.

Thanks to all!

My KR 2 will not be a year old by the time I go on Monday to extend my visa. Wondering what you guys think if I should extend or not? Just wondering.

But any way since the Amphur office is exactly 1.8 km away from my house, my wife can make the trip tomorrow.

<snip>

Wondering what you guys think if I should extend or not? Just wondering.

<snip>

The decision if you should extend or not, depends on a couple of questions.

Do you have a Non-O Visa multiple entry ?

How long is your visa still valid for ?

Do you like to do visa runs ?

Do you leave Thailand often ?

Sorry stupid me.. I meant to ask should I update my KR 2? Not extends visa..hahaha visa runs I hate with all my being. First time is exciting but my word just it get BORING

Oke ! thumbsup.gif

I would get a new KR2 because you live only 1.8kms away, they are easy to get and for the price (20THB) don't worry. wink.png

Edited by MJCM

ALWAYS better safe than sorry!! Yes, get an updated KR2 and update bank book on day of application. Also, if possible, get a letter from the bank dated on the day of application too.

Edited by Cuchulainn

My Siam Commercial Bank that I deposited my 400 000 baht in two and a half months ago is on my way to the Ayutthaya Imm.. So it's set tomorrow my wife will get the updated version for the KR 2. then Monday I will go to that bank to get my Bank Book updated and the letter stating my funds and I'm off to Imm.. The only thing let for me to do now is take those photos where I live and draw that map

So Monday morning I will do my bank things and off to Imm.. Wife will be going to get the KR 2 updated. Now all I have to do is take those photos and draw that map..

Thanks a million guys

Will keep you updated on what goes down Monday

My Siam Commercial Bank that I deposited my 400 000 baht in two and a half months ago is on my way to the Ayutthaya Imm.. So it's set tomorrow my wife will get the updated version for the KR 2. then Monday I will go to that bank to get my Bank Book updated and the letter stating my funds and I'm off to Imm.. The only thing let for me to do now is take those photos where I live and draw that map

Perfect !!!

One final thing, have you asked Immigration if they want a witness to accompany you, as this was necessary the first time I applied in Pattaya (but again every Immigration Office has different requirements ;) )

Edited by MJCM