bkkgriz

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok some real feedback.

Of couse the Monster 795 is a nice bike if you ever drove a Ducati you should know how they "feel". However with the 795 there's a little bitter taste for me. To reach; compared to the other DUC models; a more attractive price it has been downgraded a litlle. So its more like a 696 with a slightly more powerfull motor. So its a nice bike but value for money is quite bad.

If it HAS to be a Ducati go for it, you wouldnt regret. But if its just about a bike i would look for something with a better value for money. The ER6n can easily cope with the 795 power and handling wise.

• Like 1

ok some real feedback.

Of couse the Monster 795 is a nice bike if you ever drove a Ducati you should know how they "feel". However with the 795 there's a little bitter taste for me. To reach; compared to the other DUC models; a more attractive price it has been downgraded a litlle. So its more like a 696 with a slightly more powerfull motor. So its a nice bike but value for money is quite bad.

If it HAS to be a Ducati go for it, you wouldnt regret. But if its just about a bike i would look for something with a better value for money. The ER6n can easily cope with the 795 power and handling wise.

I agree the price being a slightly downgraded 796 should be better still.

But compared to an ER6n I am not sure it is a fair compare

The Monster is 100 lbs lighter & has 14 more HP that is pretty sizable when talking

about these two the Monster has 20% more HP at 25% less weight of the ER6n

all that aside I do like the sound of the 795 even stock. Quite nice :)

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

mania right in facts and direct comparission the 795 is better. But in daily riding you wont feel it that much, i tried both and rode with many 795 when i was on a ER6n and like i said it can cope with it.

And i do prefer real monsters smile.png

post-77479-0-61709900-1336038158_thumb.j
Edited by Hili
  • Like 1

Its very hot, riding posistion is uncomfortable, maintenance is expensive and the biggest problem it needs 95 benzine...

The pros it has the name ducati.

All untrue.. especially the maintenance being expensive.. I've had a 1000cc Duc for the last five years.

I cannot praise the service at Ducati Thonglor enough. Both for price and efficiency.. I can't vouch for Ducati Pattaya. TBH they seemed a little clueless when I visited but it was shorty after they opened. Yes the purchase price is high.. but depreciation was very low on my bike. This may change as the big bike market expands in Thailand and there are more less expensive Thai produced Ducati models. However compared to the Ducati I owned is Oz (900SS)the cost of servicing here is so cheap is funny. The parts may be a little more costly cos of import duty but you save heaps on the labour rate. Mechanics at Ducati Thonglor are highly trained and several have been to the factory for training.

In five years only problem I had was a dead battery as I forgot to plug the battery charger in while away for two Months. All the old stories about suspect electrics are just that. great to ride, great sound and not to be confused with run of the mill mass produced runabouts.

Its very hot, riding posistion is uncomfortable, maintenance is expensive and the biggest problem it needs 95 benzine...

All untrue.. especially the maintenance being expensive.. I've had a 1000cc Duc for the last five years.

I cannot praise the service at Ducati Thonglor enough. Both for price and efficiency.. I can't vouch for Ducati Pattaya. TBH they seemed a little clueless when I visited but it was shorty after they opened. Yes the purchase price is high.. but depreciation was very low on my bike. This may change as the big bike market expands in Thailand and there are more less expensive Thai produced Ducati models. However compared to the Ducati I owned is Oz (900SS)the cost of servicing here is so cheap is funny. The parts may be a little more costly cos of import duty but you save heaps on the labour rate. Mechanics at Ducati Thonglor are highly trained and several have been to the factory for training.

In five years only problem I had was a dead battery as I forgot to plug the battery charger in while away for two Months. All the old stories about suspect electrics are just that. great to ride, great sound and not to be confused with run of the mill mass produced runabouts.

I test drove one of these bikes last yr, the worst bike I have ever ridden!!

well a twin is not for everybody

It was uncomfortable and small, that twin is nothing like the ER6n which is comfortable and the engine is far smoother, of course there are many that love the Ducati, it's horses for courses!

I test drove one of these bikes last yr, the worst bike I have ever ridden!!

Just wondering how far did you ride it & curious why you thought so

I probably rode it for 30mins, I just found it very small and the the front wheel seemed to be directly under the handle bars, the engine was rough, just not my cup of tea, I went to Kawasaki and bought the ER6N, suited to my height and the engine is smooth for a 2 cylinder, must admit though love the bigger Ducati's!

• Like 1

All untrue?

Why dont you post some of your bills from service intervals like checking the valves and oil changes. This way we can compare the with kawasaki and honda thailand.

You are saying that 95 gasohol is ok?

You are saying the heat doesnt affect the rider more then the japanese bikes?

The riding position is of my opinion ymmv.i

why complaining about the costs of Ducati? It is pretty clear that it is a premium brand (even thouh their strategy changed a little) and you have to pay for it. I believe the maintenance costs of a Ferrari is also higher than a Honda. So whats the point; again somebody whos buying a Ducati should be aware of its costs and if you cant afford so leave it alone. If their prcies are reasonable for what you get its another story in the end they charge this becasue they can and people paying for this premium image.

Edited by Hili

IMHO, buying a Ducati is like buying a Mercedes or BMW (sorry, I don't equate it to Ferrari except for the Italian origins;))- if you want the real experience of the best the manufacturer has to offer, you have to shop at at least the mid-range of the product line- at the entry level, you can get so much more from Japan for the same (or less) money- with the 795, you're buying the marque more than anything else.

That's not to say it isn't a very nice motorcycle, but I think if I were looking for something in that performance/price range, my money would go elsewhere.

The Japanese bikes are more practical but that Ducatii sound is so nice.

Even the 795 with nice pipes sounds awesome.

Yeah that valve train has its unique sound for sure.

Even with the stock exhaust it does sound rowdy

why complaining about the costs of Ducati? It is pretty clear that it is a premium brand (even thouh their strategy changed a little) and you have to pay for it. I believe the maintenance costs of a Ferrari is also higher than a Honda. So whats the point; again somebody whos buying a Ducati should be aware of its costs and if you cant afford so leave it alone. If their prcies are reasonable for what you get its another story in the end they charge this becasue they can and people paying for this premium image.

I didnt see anyone complaining. The op wants pros & cons. Isnt high maintenance cost a con?

People were pretty shocked at how much the services cost iirc. Around 8000b for just a standard service of oil and filters?

Complete and utter <deleted>! IMO there's been a large amount of crap posted on this thread by people who've never owned a Ducati in Thailand.

You are saying that 95 is ok?

Actually it is. The only advice given by Thonglor re. gasohol is not to leave it it unused in the tank for an extended amount of time. Edited by H1w4yR1da

People were pretty shocked at how much the services cost iirc. Around 8000b for just a standard service of oil and filters?

Complete and utter <deleted>! IMO there's been a large amount of crap posted on this thread by people who've never owned a Ducati in Thailand.

You are saying that 95 is ok?

Actually it is. The only advice given by Thonglor re. gasohol is not to leave it it unused in the tank for an extended amount of time.

I dont know who thonglor is but page 115 of the owners manual calls for RON 95-98. I go with ducati owners manual as i would guess they are the one paying for the warranty.

The price i saw was around 7000 for the 12,000k service which includes a valve check.

I dont know who thonglor is but page 115 of the owners manual calls for RON 95-98. I go with ducati owners manual as i would guess they are the one paying for the warranty.

And which Ducati do you own?

Thats the thai 795 owners manual.