Where to find good freezer proof labels?

jaideeguy

I've tried the usual stationary sticky labels and they seem to loose their stick and the writing fades, not wet or freezer proof, and also tried many brands of 'so called' permanent markers and the writing wears off with simple friction when frozen. I need labels that will stick to plastic storage bags and keep the writing..

Any ideas??

thanks in advance..........

I have tried several different brands of permanent markers and they all wear off by friction when I'm rummaging around in the freezer ..............I'll give crayons a try, but what I would really like to find are the professional type about 2X3 inches. Like the kind that the supermarkets use to label and price vegetables, but blank. Must be a source in CM or do they all order from BKK??

Yup, these would be the labels they use to cover over the English cooking instructions and also country of origin. Both important for me.

Have you tried using a DVD marker pen? These are designed for writing on plastic. just a thought.

I simply use Crayons to mark plastic bags or boxes.

Works great every time.biggrin.png

The main reason I use crayons for marking is I use plastic boxes for freezing.

I do reuse the boxes and with a little soapy water and a scrubbing the box tops come clean.

Everything from beef stew, re-fried beans homemade spaghetti sauce and Chilli.

I use zip bags for storing pizza slices ( homemade) and beef and bean burritos

after running all over CM today.....Makro, Yok, Carrefore[big C] and a few other shops, I bought a roll of 3M masking tape and it is now on a test in my freezer....used magic marker and so far/so good. Not too classy, but it may work.

This is not the first time that I've chased all over town and google Thailand and couldn't find the simplest item. TIT

I was going to suggest Masking Tape but you beat me to it... But I will add, scrap the Magic Marker and pick up a carpenter's pencil at any home center.

The thicker, soft lead will make a bold mark on Masking Tape that isn't affected by freezing, and doesn't rub off easily (it will rub off if you work at it.) so works well for items that aren't handled too often. By the way, the blue painter masking tape takes the writing more easily than the regular brown stuff.

Edited by FolkGuitar