Android Tablet Recommendation Please

moonseeker

I've just bought the Nexus 10 (for the great price of 9,900 baht). It's brill, much better than my ipad2. Although there is no space for a micro SD card you can attach USB sticks (with a 100 baht lead) which gives, in effect, unlimited cheap storage. Add to that the best resolution screen in the world, 2 front facing speakers and a quality build there is no beating it for that money. I was thinking of the Sony Xperia tablet Z but they want 23,000 for that !!!

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 - If you want to write notes on the device the stylus and hand writing recognition is pretty good.

Just bought one, really like it. That 8" screen is a lot better than the 7" on like a Nexus, but it's still compact. Noticed everyone complaining abroad that it was more expensive than the Ipad mini, but in Thailand, the Mini seems to be 2,000 more. I paid 15,000 for mine, then bought an OTG cable and other stuff. I have noticed some complained about the battery life, but if you don't use the bright settings, it lasts long, so if you know you won't be able to charge it all day it's not a problem.

Comparing nexus 10 to ipad2 is like comparing bmw to ford fiesta. Nexus 10 is competitor of iPad 4.

However, you bought it at a great price. Congrats.

As for the tablet buyers of non retina screens, you are missing a great deal of details in your tablets. Although Android performs terrible in retina screens, I still prefer high res screens over 1280x800 screens (on 9" and higher sizes) any given day!

My 1st one: Samsung Tab 10.2 - poor screen ugly unsharp picture, sold within 1 month.

2nd one: iPad IV 4G - perfect sharp screen, excellent battery but (for me) way too heavy, I hated those sharp corners and hardly the apps available that I want, and I want them, for free. Unfortunately not compatible with Windows PC (Apple wants you to marry them) and it cost me two weeks to find out how to upload films to the damg thing and it's quite complicated, needs that highly annoying iTInes for it and all finls need to be converted first, rubbish for me and sold within 2 months.

3rd one: Asus Fonepad, half in size therefor it even fits in my pocket, yet a screen big enough to do everything. This one is excellent little genius for me, just plug and play in any PC and drop your films and stuff in it. A keeper, yet only $250. Oh and you can use it as a phone too, which I don't need. 32GB Micro SD card can be inserted as well, the thing itself already has 16GB. Love it.

Asus-Fonepad-ME371MG.jpg

Fonepad.jpg

ASUS-Fonepad1.jpg

Edited by rubberduck

Has anyone bought a top of the line i-mobile. I have an IQ6 phone and the IQX has being getting great reviews, I just wondered if their touch pads were as good?

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not sure top of the line or not but have I-Note WiFi3 model from Lotus for 5k which seems to be very good (but can not compare as have not used others). Display seems very sharp and even built in speakers have good sound quality. Full access to Google and using 4.1.1 operating system.

3rd one: Asus Fonepad, half in size therefor it even fits in my pocket, yet a screen big enough to do everything. This one is excellent little genius for me, just plug and play in any PC and drop your films and stuff in it. A keeper, yet only $250. Oh and you can use it as a phone too, which I don't need. 32GB Micro SD card can be inserted as well, the thing itself already has 16GB. Love it.

I second that, nice device with a great battery-life! (I use it as a phone too)

Frequent updates from Asus and nice little gimmicks, like the "floating apps" thumbsup.gif

post-158247-0-61960600-1375161759_thumb.

And, very important for me:

Good community support (XDA-developers and other)

I bought an IQ1, end of last year.

Decent phone, but have never seen any updates or fixes.

And almost no support.

I the past, I have bought a few "chinese-brand" tablets, like Onda, Sanei or Gpad.

Some have good specs/hardware (e.g. Onda V972 Quadcore / 2GB Ram), but very poor Firmware.

Lagging, slow web browsing, fast battery drain, etc.

Not worth the tinkering imho, when you can get a Fonepad for 7400 Baht