Auto Parts - Pattaya

rmicheald

There ar many autoparts shops along Sukhumvit.

The one you have the biggest chance of finding your part is located on the right side of sukhumvit in Naklua, at the third traffic lights when heading direction Laem Chabang.

Be aware that they have a double pricing policy though.

• Like 1

The one you have the biggest chance of finding your part is located on the right side of sukhumvit in Naklua, at the third traffic lights when heading direction Laem Chabang.

Double pricing ? Do you mean that garages get cheaper price (usual anywhere in the world as they are regular customers) or that Thai get cheaper price ?

Double pricing ? Do you mean that garages get cheaper price (usual anywhere in the world as they are regular customers) or that Thai get cheaper price ?

I mean white noses pay an inflated price.

Double pricing even for car parts? Nasty! Which shop is this, Boy Air & Sound?

Double pricing even for car parts? Nasty! Which shop is this, Boy Air & Sound?

No it isn't boyair & sound, nothing to complain about them.

This one is located in Naklua centre on Sukhumvith. If you come from Pattaya you will have 3 sets of traffic lights close after each other. At the third traffic light on the left is a gasstation and on the right is a shop with some Chinese signing, it's quite large and they carry a large stock.

I have experienced the obvious double pricing on two occasions, so now I go there only for things I can't find elsewhere.

Anyone know the hours/days for Boy Air and Sound? I went there Saturday at 8:00 and their sign said 9:00 to 19:00. About 8:30 a guy that was driving past (in a Boy Air and Sound truck) said they weren't open on Saturday...

If you just keep on driving just around the bend there is a large second hand auto parts centre , no double pricing and very helpfull ,you cant miss it its a very large place with parts outside

Edited by Phil Conners
Fixed botched quote

• 4 months later...

If you just keep on driving just around the bend there is a large second hand auto parts centre , no double pricing and very helpfull ,you cant miss it its a very large place with parts outside

Being in the market for an auto-spare or two, I just happened upon this thread. Didn't find the one jbrain mentioned, but I did find Claudius'. What a gem that is. I will disagree with him on one point - you can miss it, but only by being in the wrong lane and thinking "Oh S**t, that's the place I wanted". A quick next left turn later actually brings you back out right by its side.

An Ali-Baba's cave of goodies inside there for the DIY mechanic. Unfortunately they didn't have the part I was looking for from a scrappie, but a lad went into the side-rooms and came out with a brand new one of one of the parts I was after.

Thanks for the tip, Claudius.

• Like 1

re i claudius post, is this shop on the left or right side going towards Laem Chabang?