Where to travel in the Rainy season

Billpro785

Need help and advice where to travel in Thailand during the rainy season. Maybe somewhere where it only rains half the day. Was planning on spending a month in Chiang Rai, but have been here 10 days. Has been raining everday , mostly all day . Tired of sitting in a hotel room all day .

Thanks

Haven't spent this time of year on Samui for years, but before climate change it was sunny during the day, around four or five a storm would blow in and rain for about an hour and then clear up. Sometimes at night it would rain also.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Usually Samui, Phangan and Tao are the places to go, as they get less rain than other places.

But even the west- coast has spells of sunny days...it's a bit of a gamble, though.

I travel to Khao Lak in July, every year for a friends birthday, usually stay a week.

Last year it was 6 days of blue skies and sunshine...this year it was 5 days of overcasted skies and rain and 2 sunny days.

If you consider the fresh air, the quiet and the prices, that may drop to up to 70% from high- season...it is still a nice place to go.

There are many shops and restaurants open and IF the days are nice, they are really nice, because you have the beach almost for yourself. Bring a good book or two...

Not much rain here in Phuket. Two weeks ago was almost a week with only occasional light rain. Past week has been occasional light rain mostly at night. The princess is coming today for two day visit so everybody hoping for good weather, very nice so far.

apart from the oil slick off part of Koh Samet, Ban Phe and Koh Samet in Rayong are the driest parts of Thailand and you can be in Rayong city and it's chucking it down yet when I get home to Ban Phe it's still dry. there are some beautiful empty beaches here and the oil slick should be contained tomorrow so only the NW side of Samet should be affected, go to white sand Sai Kaew beach and party.

apart from the oil slick off part of Koh Samet, Ban Phe and Koh Samet in Rayong are the driest parts of Thailand and you can be in Rayong city and it's chucking it down yet when I get home to Ban Phe it's still dry. there are some beautiful empty beaches here and the oil slick should be contained tomorrow so only the NW side of Samet should be affected, go to white sand Sai Kaew beach and party.

Why escape the rain?....I find it quite romantic cuddled up with your special one whilst it hammers down onto the tin roof...

I'm Welsh so I prefer it dry now, bad memories of walking to/from school in freezing cold rain.

Why escape the rain?....I find it quite romantic cuddled up with your special one whilst it hammers down onto the tin roof...

I'm Welsh so I prefer it dry now, bad memories of walking to/from school in freezing cold rain.

I spent many a time at Sennybridge, the Brecons and Ponty with Dianna Ross singing "When will I see you again" in my head whilst the rain hammered down.....not quite so romantic really!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I am re-opening this string because I want to travel to the south(Krabi, Kao Soak, Koh Lanta) and Malaysia in June. I go for the hike, bike, climb, scuba type vacations rather than Full Moon Parties. I would like to see Koh Phi Phi Leh when it isn't loaded with tourists, even if that means rain. So my question is really: will I find these things closed or are they open and cheaper than high season?

I am re-opening this string because I want to travel to the south(Krabi, Kao Soak, Koh Lanta) and Malaysia in June. I go for the hike, bike, climb, scuba type vacations rather than Full Moon Parties. I would like to see Koh Phi Phi Leh when it isn't loaded with tourists, even if that means rain. So my question is really: will I find these things closed or are they open and cheaper than high season?

Only Haad Rin on Koh Phangan has full moon parties and June is not likely to be that busy anyway ...wink.png ..... there is lots more to see and do on KP or Samui or even Koh Toa....all the things you mention, can be done here! It's easy to avoid Haad Rin...whistling.gif

Weather usually OK with out much rain, rainy season here in November..... It's much more likely to rain more on the west coast, in June ....

Easy to get down to Malaysia from here too.thumbsup.gif

I am not afraid of the rain. I now know that most of the scuba comes to an end in Mid-May until October but I still want to see the south when the hoards of tourists are absent. Especially Phi Phi Leh. I hope that the access to there do not stop in the off-season.