where to find 'rubber bar'

phuketsub

Hi Everyone,

I just found out that I have 'tennis elbow' (self-diagnosis) and my initial Internet research shows the best and most convenient treatment is a set of exercises using what is essentially a 'rubber bar'.

These are marketed in the US as Thera-Band Flexbars...

Does anyone know of a store that carries them, or something similar?

I really don't want to spend my Sunday on an annoying wild goose chase, so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

(Also, please no flak for performing self diagnosis.)

post-40708-0-18232300-1374984516_thumb.j

It may be easier to just order one from Amazon. com.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Amazon doesn't ship to Thailand, so if I go that route I have to inconvenience people stateside and then face shipping fees, import duty, etc.

Since we live in the world's largest rubber producing nation I thought they should have them here...we'll see.

Amazon doesn't ship to Thailand, so if I go that route I have to inconvenience people stateside and then face shipping fees, import duty, etc.

Since we live in the world's largest rubber producing nation I thought they should have them here...we'll see.

mmhh, if you fency enough, i can give you a couple liter of rubber and you do it yourself w00t.gif

Hi phuketsub,

I don't claim to be a therapist or doctor of any kind, so with a grain of salt, I'm pretty sure a friend of mine that had the same problem used rubber surgical tubing tied to a chair and did exercises for the same problem.

Maybe a youtube video out there on it, might be a quicker solution, going and purchasing rubber tubing.

In college we use to use the stuff and a funnel to make water balloon launchers, might be a Songkran idea.......

Hi phuketsub,

I don't claim to be a therapist or doctor of any kind, so with a grain of salt, I'm pretty sure a friend of mine that had the same problem used rubber surgical tubing tied to a chair and did exercises for the same problem.

Maybe a youtube video out there on it, might be a quicker solution, going and purchasing rubber tubing.

In college we use to use the stuff and a funnel to make water balloon launchers, might be a Songkran idea.......

There are indeed some good videos on YouTube, including one that advocates self massage,but the 'rubber bar' one is the only one that seems to have been proven clinically effective in a controlled study, so I want to try that first.

Anyway, thanks for all your input...

I know the pain that you are going through. I have had it in both elbows, 25 years ago, while golfing a lot. Had both elbows, at different times, operated on. They cut you open, disattach your tendons, sand down the bone spurs, and then lay the tendons back down to reattach. After time to heal, months of physical therapy. Hope this rubber tool works for you. My problem was solved permanently.

I know the pain that you are going through. I have had it in both elbows, 25 years ago, while golfing a lot. Had both elbows, at different times, operated on. They cut you open, disattach your tendons, sand down the bone spurs, and then lay the tendons back down to reattach. After time to heal, months of physical therapy. Hope this rubber tool works for you. My problem was solved permanently.

Thanks, and glad to hear you got a permanent fix. I won't get surgery until I have exhausted every other option though. I am still racking my brain on where to find this elusive 'rubber bar', though.

One friend suggested jokingly that I use a big dildo, but I wouldn't know where to acquire one of them locally either!

Woe is me; getting old sucks. facepalm.gif

Just as a matter of record, and in case it might benefit someone else with a similar problem, I found something that seems to meet my needs. It's a (rolled up) rubber bath mat that I found at Amorn shop (Basement of Big C). Ninety baht. I have used it a few times and I can definitely feel the damaged tendon working in a way that I did not experience with other PT exercises I had tried.

Just FYI.

post-40708-0-18021900-1375669504_thumb.j

I've had several things shipped by Amazon, some books and a replacement screen for my lap top.

I've had several things shipped by Amazon, some books and a replacement screen for my lap top.

I'll have to check it out again...I would love to be able to buy stuff from them, starting with size 15 shoes...

I got this from Big C years ago - a big spring with rubber handles:

I can't actually see the picture I just attached.

When I click on it, I get:

"Unable to serve content as the content is blocked by the administrator of the domain."

I won't write what I'm currently thinking. mad.gif

post-35489-0-28423600-1375713606_thumb.j

Edited by JetsetBkk

OK, the pictures are working again now. Thank you, george.

post-35489-0-04765100-1375721573.jpg

- a big spring with rubber handles, in the sports section of Big C a few years ago.

post-35489-0-04765100-1375721573_thumb.j