Rent car in Surin Issan

tinytot

Just wanting to know anyone got any places that rent cars in surin,, I have rented from Farang Connection but they only have 3 cars for rent and none when I am going to Issan area, I choose Surin as I catch train there and then it is not far to drive for me, I know Burriram has rentals but it is little bit out of my way to where I go, If I can get some info websites or emails ..thanks..tinytot

Surin = Issan - is it really...???

So many folks speak a dialect of Khmer, that I always considered it more Khmer, not Issan (different language dialect)...

However, so much of Issan was within the old Khmer Empire; Ubon Raja Thani (Royal Lotus Town) or Udon Thani (North Town) for example.

As the Thai folks of Ayuttaya were originally captured from Muang Theng as slaves for the 'Outer Indian Empires' of South East Asia, ethnicity becomes a bit of a confusion here...

Khmer, Tai, Chinese, Portuguese, Japanese, Spanish, & Dutch (et.al.) all settled in Ayuttaya and their descendants remain...

Excuse me but you did Specify a car rental here in Surin, is that correct? You indicated that you have rented before from the FC but now because they told you that only 3 vehicles available for rent you want to look outside Surin. <deleted>!! Are you expecting an Avis or Hertz agency out in the boonies? Get real and either rent in Bangkok or suck it up and deal with those you have previously used. Just my two cents.

So many folks speak a dialect of Khmer, that I always considered it more Khmer, not Issan (different language dialect)...

However, so much of Issan was within the old Khmer Empire; Ubon Raja Thani (Royal Lotus Town) or Udon Thani (North Town) for example.

As the Thai folks of Ayuttaya were originally captured from Muang Theng as slaves for the 'Outer Indian Empires' of South East Asia, ethnicity becomes a bit of a confusion here...

Khmer, Tai, Chinese, Portuguese, Japanese, Spanish, & Dutch (et.al.) all settled in Ayuttaya and their descendants remain...

The language spoken has nothing to do with it. Isaan relates to 'North East' which is the region of Thailand where Surin is located.

totster :)

• Like 1

Excuse me but you did Specify a car rental here in Surin, is that correct? You indicated that you have rented before from the FC but now because they told you that only 3 vehicles available for rent you want to look outside Surin. <deleted>!! Are you expecting an Avis or Hertz agency out in the boonies? Get real and either rent in Bangkok or suck it up and deal with those you have previously used. Just my two cents.

Why don't you read the post before getting on your high horse - the three that the FC have are not avaialable when he is here. A helpful reply would have been nicer.

totster smile.png

Edited by Totster

But to stay on topic....where do they all rent cars from, no matter where they originate from ??? Edited by DILLIGAD