90 Days....

HI,

i'm a student in bangkok and i'm holding non-imm education visa. I have renewed my visa mid of december 05 and my visa expires in dec06. But ever since i've renewed my visa, i haven't filled the application for 90 days thing. Now i'm visiting my country for songkran holiday. I'll be returning back after a week or so.

So do i still need to go imm office to fill application for 90 days? do i need to pay panalty for late? if, how much?

or i don't at all need to fill application for 90 days since i'm going out of the country?

I really want to avoid all the problems before hand.

very confused here.

Plz help

thanks in advance,

regards,

Sunny

See GENERAL INFORMATION.

7. Please note that the period of visa validity is different from the period of stay. The visa validity is a period during which a visa can be used to enter Thailand. Generally, the validity of a visa is 3 months, but in some cases, we also issue visas valid for 6 months or 1 year. The validity of a visa is granted by the Embassy or Consulate-General and shown in the visa. The period of stay depends on the type of visa and is granted by an immigration officer upon arrival at the port of entry. For example, the period of stay for a transit visa does not exceed 30 days, for a tourist visa does not exceed 60 days and for a non-immigrant visa does not exceed 90 days from the arrival date. Travellers who wish to stay longer than such period may apply for extension of stay at offices of the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok, located in Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120, Tel 02-2873101-10 or at an Immigration office in the provinces. For information on application for extension of stay, please see the website of the Immigration Bureau at www.immigration.go.th

What period of stay were you granted on arrival?

If you have overstayed, see Do not overstay in Thailand! and Overstay Charge Hiked To B500 A Day, FROM MARCH 15, 2006, with the maximum being 20,000 Baht.

See also Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

You have been here studying for over five years so I suspect you have one year extension of stay obtained from Immigration each year rather than a new visa from a Consulate outside of Thailand. In that case you have violated the 90 day address report rule and the normal fine is 2,000 baht (but by law could be higher). If you plan to exit the country you have to obtain a re-entry permit from Immigration at a cost of 1,000 baht first; or you will not be allowed to return on your current visa/extension.

HI,

thanks for your reply.....yes i've been studying here for 4 years and i'm going out of thailand for short period. i've valid visa until december 06 and ya it is extended for period of 12 months every year.

I need to know since i haven't addressed the 90 days report after i renewed my visa in december. It has already passed 90 days and i'm leaving day after tomorrow.

Now do i have to report 90 days and pay the panalty at the imm office? or i just leave the country without any problem and report my 90 days after i return back......

what should i do?? thanks so much..

Assuming you have your re-entry permit already.

Under such circumstance just leave, return under the re-entry permit and start reporting

90 days afterwards and than every 90 days or, if leaving the country again, 90 days after return.