where can i buy seitan in Thailand

ezzra

Wasn't sure where to post this query, in Thai food or Western food, or even what is it called in Thai,

anyway, Seiten is made from wheat, seitan has little in common with flour or bread. Also called “wheat meat”, “wheat gluten” or simply “gluten”, seitan becomes surprisingly similar to the look and texture of meat when cooked, making it a popular meat substitute. Seitan is also high in protein, making it a popular protein source for vegetarians. Asian restaurants often use seitan as a vegetarian mock meat, and seitan is also the base for several commercially available products such as Tofurky deli slices.

Any one seen this product around?

Many years ago we used to buy it as Gluten flour to make vegetarian hamburgers etc. It was also called Texturized Vegetable Protein or TVP and we got ours from the Seventh Day Adventist health food stores who got it from Sanitarium . I am not too sure about its availability in Thailand altho i am sure there are SDA's in Thailand converting the locals from the evils of whatever there is to save them from.

One Thai vegetarian restaurant that I like uses it in many of their dishes, so it must be for sale here. However, I do not know where. I'm pretty sure that I have seen it arriving from somewhere in big plastic bags, so they don't make it themselves.

Many years ago we used to buy it as Gluten flour to make vegetarian hamburgers etc. It was also called Texturized Vegetable Protein or TVP and we got ours from the Seventh Day Adventist health food stores who got it from Sanitarium . I am not too sure about its availability in Thailand altho i am sure there are SDA's in Thailand converting the locals from the evils of whatever there is to save them from.

TVP is soy protein. It's widely available here. Even Tops carries it. It comes in lots of shapes and sizes. I like to make American sloppy joes and chili with it.

I"m not sure what gluten flour is though. Maybe a burger mix that Sanitarium markets?