Bangkok to Los Angeles - Cheap ticket

thaiman

Recently I haven't found that the travel agencies can give me a better price than I've found online. That's just my experience. It could be different for other TVers.

• Like 1

I use delta and Thai air exclusively. Both by going directly to their web sites. Good to great rates and often with only 3-10 days notice as I never know when some minor but urgent business forces my hand.

Suggest shopping around both sites. Never more than 1.5 hr layover in either Seoul SK or Tokyo Japen. Depending on direction I'm headed.

Appears to me anyway. By luck or whatever that always a few last minute seats to fill and they drop the rates to fill them. I've traveled one way for 650 us. Then booked another four day notice for roughly same for return trip.

Half dozen trips in past few yrs. Both airlines never late. Thai great food and free drink. Delta. You can upgrade to economy comfort for 100 bucks and get four inches more leg room and free beer and wine.

If cheap is your main concern by all means opt for Korea,China Eastern and a few others but be well aware you will face long layovers and may even have to overnight. Those so called travel shops that advertise low fares do so without adding in all the taxes and fees. The old bait and switch game at its finest. If you have the flexibility book your flight at least 80 days ahead and no more than 90 days you will find that that is the window when most of the airlines will reduce their international fares. Check out Eva Air and China Air fares on their own websites as they always seem to have the matching fares of Kayak, Expedia, Orbitz.

In my few experiences since abandoning agents years ago, is airline reps say they can't see the booking's fare basis codes/conditions, so they usually tell you to contact your travel agent. 9-5 agent, 2am in BKK, you're in LA......

I generally use booking sites to screen dates, times and prices, narrow it down, then hit the chosen airline site directly.

• Like 1