Land Fill And Perimeter Wall Advise, North Of Buriram

carll

hi folks

posted a few days ago, the above topic on the thai visa general site under the heading, real estate and housing etc, , but as a newbie i soon realised the topic should have been specified to the isan forum, as its more local info im need, any way, its basically any advise, recommendations, etc, would be greatly appreciated, cheers?? land is at very north of buriram province.

quick questions,

if you build a house on stilts or concrete posts down to virgin land, does it matter what kind of land fill you purchase,

also would you build the perimeter wall first then land fill or vice versa

hi folks

posted a few days ago, the above topic on the thai visa general site under the heading, real estate and housing etc, , but as a newbie i soon realised the topic should have been specified to the isan forum, as its more local info im need, any way, its basically any advise, recommendations, etc, would be greatly appreciated, cheers?? land is at very north of buriram province.

quick questions,

if you build a house on stilts or concrete posts down to virgin land, does it matter what kind of land fill you purchase,

also would you build the perimeter wall first then land fill or vice versa

Hi!

First make a simple fence from barbed wire or bamboo to keep cows and buffaloes away. Landfill. Wait one or two years, it has to rain. Plant some trees. Make the wall around. Leave a gap on the front side for trucks to bring materials. Build the house. Finish the wall. Add a gate.

If there are more than one sort of landfill, choose the one which is best for trees and bushes. You need trees to keep the area cool.

Olaus

I went through the whole deal just a couple of months ago. A rice paddy was filled. We waited about a year for it to settle and then built the house. It still cracked in some places. Not too bad and fixable. Then at the end of last year we had a wall built around the place. I specified a very strong wall which was built to my specs. The reason being so that when the land is filled up against the wall, it would be able to stand the pressure. The wall was built down to the original paddy level. It worked fine and the wall holds out so far. It also increased the size of the land right to the borders.

Edited by Lourens

I went through the whole deal just a couple of months ago. A rice paddy was filled. We waited about a year for it to settle and then built the house. It still cracked in some places. Not too bad and fixable. Then at the end of last year we had a wall built around the place. I specified a very strong wall which was built to my specs. The reason being so that when the land is filled up against the wall, it would be able to stand the pressure. The wall was built down to the original paddy level. It worked fine and the wall holds out so far. It also increased the size of the land right to the borders.

Until the next time they come round to measure and mark the land - then you find! that you may have built on you neighbours land or encroached on governemnt land - NEVER EVER EVER BUILD TO THE BOUNDARY even if YOU ARE 100% SURE OF THE TITLE AND CHANOT ETC.

If in doubt leave a few metres.

With any structure, you MUST leave a metre (or more) between a boundary and your neighbour anyway in most propvinces.