English Tea

jasonc

Get someone to send you some, as I do. My Son keeps me well supplied with Sainsbury's one cup :D

Yeah i cant imagine it would cost much to send it over, its not exactly tinned food is it :o Send some money to my paypal and your address and i will post some over for you. :D Now that is what i call getting some tea money :D

I have run out of my English tea that my friend brought to me. Anyone know where to buy English brands in BKK? Tetleys, PG Tips, whatever. Don't have at Tops or Villa Market.

i have not seen those brands but there is definetaly english tea on sale in a tin (twinnings maybe?) available most places.

Most Tesco's sell Twinnings Breakfast and Earl Grey. Tops sell Sainsbury's own brand, but as far as I know we are the only place in Thailand that sells Tetleys and Yorkshire tea. And we are very short of that this month.

Tescos occasionally have their own brand darjeeling which is a great, light morning cuppa. Give it 3/4 minutes in the pot.

Twinnings is available at many places in BKK and their Assam makes for a good afternoon brew but thats about it.

Ay........Fartypants. Thought you was coming to see us? :o

I was on my way! Got as far as Phimai when work called and asked me to start earlier than planned!

I may make it up soon, and will head up with Daleyboy as well!

Yeah...........but where can I find Robinsons Barley Water?.

I have run out of my English tea that my friend brought to me. Anyone know where to buy English brands in BKK? Tetleys, PG Tips, whatever. Don't have at Tops or Villa Market.

How about seeing if Starbucks can do anything for you?

I think they do Twinings English Breakfast over the counter, but I don't know about to take away.

:o

I was on my way! Got as far as Phimai when work called and asked me to start earlier than planned!

Its not <deleted> barley water, just plain old apple and blackcurrant squash and make sure it isnt the sugar free stuff :D God these old people just dont listen sometimes :o

Me and farty are going to invade your place so make sure you have plenty of breakfast goods :D

Tops carry a range of Waitrose (UK) products in varying amounts in most of their stores...I think it's an experiment so it may not last but they do have some good teas... very pricey though.

Most of the other "English" teas are in fact produced in Malaysia or imported from Australia. Tops black tea is quite good. the rest tend to be a little pale and insipid for the British palette.

Its not <deleted> barley water, just plain old apple and blackcurrant squash and make sure it isnt the sugar free stuff :D God these old people just dont listen sometimes :o

Me and farty are going to invade your place so make sure you have plenty of breakfast goods :D

More than you can eat old son. Anyway how will I know you?

More than you can eat old son. Anyway how will I know you?

You wont miss me mate. 6"8, 22 stone with a skinhead, ohh and i will have a 4"10 wife and a newborn baby in tow as well :D So pretty easy to spot really. Dont know about prof, he will be the one that rolls in steaming drunk and shouting obsenities, ahhh wait a minute from what i have heard that could be half your clientele :D

If you are in Pattaya anytime, there's someone who sells Tetleys catering packs - 440 teabags - for 500 baht. delivered. PM me if you want the phone no. As for Liptons - Yuk! got no taste. Twinnings breakfast tea is OK but it's expensive.

I think its worth remembering that just because something is branded with an English name, doesn't mean to say the quality is the same, in the past I have bought ostensibly English tea that has no doubt come from a bona fide source but just doesn't match the quality of tea bought in England.