Charter plane from China to Phuket in emergency landing

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you want, a copy of my resume? Stop getting a hard-on for the tape naming convention. I would love to have shopwn a clearer photo. You've already made you mind up that I'm am lying. I'm sick of your condescending, patronising attitude. It is what it is. And I ever wonder why I post in this or any other forum on TV.!

No Garry no... No Garry no.. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Garry!

Just so you know, THAT was me being condescending and patronising...

Seriously chief, you stuck your neck out by claiming you maintain (maintained) military aircraft. You also laid claim that there's no difference between gaffa tape, duct tape or speed tape and that it's simply a case of a rose by any other name. There's a technical difference in the construction of said tapes and as I said, as a maintainer of military aircraft you would know this.

No need to chuck your toys out of the cot over it. I'd have thought that someone who's in your line of work would have been the first to jump at correcting this minor technicality i.e speed tape vs duct tape vs gaffer tape.

Or was it simply a case of you making it easier for the TV laymen to understand?

Grant, I was just trying to be simple. Normally I don't get agro, generally I am far from it. Here is a screesnhot of the message I sent from my phone to a buddy of mine back in 20 Mar 2009 when I took the photo. I have deleted the personal info for privacy, but you get the idea.

Obviously this is not dangerous, or I'm sure you as the expert would not have flown on that flight.

captive audience scenario comes to mind at times :)

It's not dangerous, but certainly disconcerting for your regular Johnny Foreigner...

There's plenty of photos out there with speed tape being applied in what would appear quite alarming to Joe Public

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1375504339.950490.jpg

Here's one for you Garry wink.png

That's aluminum / aliminium tape smile.png

AKA 'Speed Tape'..Yes?

No Garry no... No Garry no.. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Garry!

Just so you know, THAT was me being condescending and patronising...

Seriously chief, you stuck your neck out by claiming you maintain (maintained) military aircraft. You also laid claim that there's no difference between gaffa tape, duct tape or speed tape and that it's simply a case of a rose by any other name. There's a technical difference in the construction of said tapes and as I said, as a maintainer of military aircraft you would know this.

No need to chuck your toys out of the cot over it. I'd have thought that someone who's in your line of work would have been the first to jump at correcting this minor technicality i.e speed tape vs duct tape vs gaffer tape.

Or was it simply a case of you making it easier for the TV laymen to understand?

Grant, I was just trying to be simple. Normally I don't get agro, generally I am far from it. Here is a screesnhot of the message I sent from my phone to a buddy of mine back in 20 Mar 2009 when I took the photo. I have deleted the personal info for privacy, but you get the idea.

Obviously this is not dangerous, or I'm sure you as the expert would not have flown on that flight.

captive audience scenario comes to mind at times smile.png

Naw, you always have a choice. And you obviously decided it was not dangerous enough not to fly.

It's not dangerous, but certainly disconcerting for your regular Johnny Foreigner...

There's plenty of photos out there with speed tape being applied in what would appear quite alarming to Joe Public

Posted ImageImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1375504339.950490.jpg

Here's one for you Garry Posted Image

That's aluminum / aliminium tape Posted Image

AKA 'Speed Tape'..Yes?

Exactly...