Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin

Sheps99

In any hospital there will be doctors of varying competency. It is important to choose the doctor. not the hospital.

I keep hearing this all the time, how do you know a doctor is good, is it the amount of qualifications he has, is it where he was trained, there is a certain amount of research you can do before visiting a doctor, how many people can be bothered to do this when they are ill, they just want to be seen by someone competent!!

In any hospital there will be doctors of varying competency. It is important to choose the doctor. not the hospital.

I keep hearing this all the time, how do you know a doctor is good, is it the amount of qualifications he has, is it where he was trained, there is a certain amount of research you can do before visiting a doctor, how many people can be bothered to do this when they are ill, they just want to be seen by someone competent!!

I guess if its a procedure or something that is to be sceduled then you do your research and get recomendations from past patients, etc.

If however you rock up in bits having wrapped a moterbike around a lamp post i guess you take what you get rather than asking to review CV's!

In the case of trauma like that it is always best to go to the nearest large (provincial level or above) government hospital ER.

Even in Bangkok where there is a lot of expertise in many private hospitals, for ER the big government teaching hospitals are by far the best. They have the busiest and hence most experienced ER staff and unlike the private hospitals will have docs for all the main specialties already present in the hospital even in the middle of the night....which makes a big difference.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess if its a procedure or something that is to be sceduled then you do your research and get recomendations from past patients, etc.

If however you rock up in bits having wrapped a moterbike around a lamp post i guess you take what you get rather than asking to review CV's!