Temple abbot busted for impersonating Thai Police Colonel

webfact

Temple Abbot Busted For Impersonating Police Colonel

ab.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police in Pathumthani province arrested a temple abbot who had been disguising himself high-ranking police officer when he drove his car along the highways. Religious rules dictate that Buddhist monks are not permitted to drive.

Phra Mahachaisiam Panyayakkhamo, the abbot of Wat Khao Saton Temple in Chachoengsao province, was detained by police at a petrol station in Klong Luang district, Pathumthani province. He was dressed in uniform of a Police Colonel at the time.

Pol.Lt.Col.Jeerawat Peimpinseth told our correspondent that he spotted the self-styled police officer acting suspiciously at a car wash in Petronas Gas Station, located on Phahonyothin Road, so his team held him in custody and quickly discovered that the suspect was in fact a monk.

The (real) officer said he became suspicious because the suspect was wearing pair of sandals with his fake uniform.

Phra Mahachaisiam later admitted at the police station that he usually disguises himself as Police Colonel when he went out of town on his Toyota in order to deter any question from low-ranking police officers at checkpoints.

He told the police that he had been in monkhood for 11 years, and had dressed as a police officer for more than 10 times without getting caught. Prior to his arrest, he was using restroom and washing his car at the petrol station. He commended Pol.Lt.Gol. Jeerawat for having the wit to see through his disguise.

The police charged Pra Mahachaisiam with impersonating a police officer.

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-08-01

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How stupid is this 'monk'? Wearing sandals while dressed as a Police Colonel. Maybe they should check to see if he is a real monk too.

From now on I am going to look at all monks to see if any are wearing black boots.laugh.png

• Like 2

Oh dear, another blow for Buddhism and, more importantly, TAT.

What will all those foreign tourists who come to the kingdom to visit the temples be thinking when they hear of Thai monks beginning to sound more like the Medicis.

What will all those foreign tourists who come to the kingdom to visit the temples be thinking when they hear of Thai monks beginning to sound more like the Medicis.

I don't think that most of the tourist who come here will read this

• Like 1

Their not havin a good run (monks)are they?...

They're like buses. You wait for a Gulfstream flying, rapist, dog abusing, police officer impersonating monk and then 4 come along at once.

After the last few weeks the Lord Buddha must be doing flip flops in his state of Nirvana.

I must need another coffee. At first I read that as "Lord Buddha must be wearing flip flops"

Edited by mca
  • Like 2

Well, right with it is just getting all a bit too much with all these news about Thai Buddhist monks gone crazy in one way or another, all the stories, anyway, with all the stories, we` ve heard over the last few weeks, I find that this Chonburi Temple based Bastard here, tops them all with his action 2 days ago

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ILpnfucEhaM?autoplay=1&autohide=1

Unaware that he was filmed,luckily he was: It`s been said that the monk did it many times before. A journalist who was hiding took the video, he was called by concerned locals from around the temple.

That guy is not a Monk,he is a Monster. I very much respect and believe in Buddhism, but by seeing this, and I have a really hard time to believe what I see, am getting sick of it...No I am not at all feeling bad by being disrespectful the way I talk about him. I do have ZERO respect for that prick. He must be banished from that temple and kicked off monk-hood IMMEDIATELY & FOR LIFE! What would someone like him teach all the young novice monks, what a terrible role model for the young.... HOLY BUDDHA HELP THAILAND, HELP US!

• Like 2

He should have just use plain clothes and hang the uniform inside the car.

A friend of mine in Bangkok does it all the time for the past 25 years and has never been court once for a driving offense but I do have to say that his brother in law is a General.