URGENT: Need advice if Wattan can be alternative for visarun

I had a visarun planned for tomorrow but circumstances unfortunately do not allow for a long trip.

I was thinking of getting an extension of my entry at Immigration office in Bangkok.

I have a multiple entry non immigrant 'o' visa based on marriage.

The entry is valid until 2 august, the visa is valid until 3 feb 2014.

The only problem is the long trip and being absent too long, if i can get one week or more at immigration that would be all i need as i can do the visa run later.

Otherwise i can opt for risking an overstay of 2 or 3 days.

Does that have consequences later?

Edited by Khun Jean

What is wrong with it is that it takes all day. And that was the specific problem.

Normally i go to Ban Laem border, much better then the aranyaprathet one.

how do you get to Ban Laem border by public transport from bkk?. i mean bus or songthaew only.

i assume that it is near here https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Ban+Laem+School+Thep+Nimit+Chanthaburi+Thailand&hl=en&ll=13.086041,102.445018&spn=0.001037,0.001625&sll=13.197867,99.980044&sspn=0.06635,0.104027&oq=Ban+Laem+s&hq=Ban+Laem+School+Thep+Nimit+Chanthaburi+Thailand&t=m&z=19

i can get to that road sa kaeo- soi dao-chantaburi ok but after that i dont know.

cant see that it would be easier than direct big bus bkk-rong klua (arun)

Edited by 2 dogs nuts

I normally go by car.

And once in a while when i have no mood to drive i use an organised visarun with a bus or van.

1900-2000 baht including cambodian visa charges.

for that price i'd rather do sleeper train two ways to hat yai/padang. less passport pages used too. each to his own.

Edited by 2 dogs nuts

if i ever need a border run i always do Ban Laem, nice easy and quick, i always drive and get some shopping on the way home,, 60 day extensions are easy and quick i normally use si racha, much better than jomtein. they normally ask why i use them and i always say jomtein always busy.

That price is hard to beat. Leave in the morning back in start of evening.

The only advantage going to Malaysian border is that their visa is free and only a stamp, not a whole page like the cambodian one.

Did that too, but my starting point was Prachuap Khirikhan. From bangkok it takes 2 days and the savings would be a measly 500 baht or so.

You also need to plan it well before as sleeper trains tend to be full quickly.

That price is hard to beat. Leave in the morning back in start of evening.

The only advantage going to Malaysian border is that their visa is free and only a stamp, not a whole page like the cambodian one.

Did that too, but my starting point was Prachuap Khirikhan. From bangkok it takes 2 days and the savings would be a measly 500 baht or so.

You also need to plan it well before as sleeper trains tend to be full quickly.

agree sleeper train lower berth usually needs about 4 days prebooking to be sure. better to buy both ways at once because they mess you about in hatyai train station. time for me isnt a problem.

they mess you about at many train stations on that southern line. phunphin/surattani being the worse. i just dont stop on that line any more. ok to-from and in between bkk-hua hin by third class train though..

Edited by 2 dogs nuts

Update

I got a 60 day extension.

I had all the papers with me and of everything a signed copy.

I did have to show bankbook with at least 400.000 on it.

I don't know if that was required but i brought it along just to be sure.

Maybe i look like a bum, even when i have my nice shoes, long black pants and freshly ironed shirt on. smile.png At least my wife thought i looked sharp.

• Like 2

Yeah, i know. Same as it was not required in Laos to get a multiple entry, but without it it was impossible.

So i take the bankbook with at least 400k on it with me anyway.

This is the second time that it was required, when the official rules says it is not.

Only time it was not required was when i got a multple entry non -'o' in my own country. I only needed a marriage certificate, but here and in Laos it was required and fortunately i have it available.

TiT i suppose, or in the case for Laos TiL.

Just remember it is ALWAYS at the discretion of the immigration official. For that reason i ALWAYS bring more then the rules demand.

Edited by Khun Jean