Ripping down the customer adverts in a Big supermarket.

pattayadingo

In a big supermarket this morning and went to look at the customer adverts on the board - you know the ones, downstairs near the ATM machines.

Member of staff came along and ripped every one down even while people were looking.

When the g/f tried to talk to the staff member, she had an attitude and the g/f simply said, "Go."

One lucky guy saved his ad, but almost had to fight the staff member to get it off her.

So, people have laminated their ads, pinned them up and for no reason given, they were all ripped down and dumped into a trolley.

If you've got an ad there, you may want to go and check if they are putting them back up or not, or if you have to renew them.

Do you have to pay to put an add up there or can you just go and stick it on the board - if you can find a space....

Most places anywhere remove posters after a certain date. No one wants to chase round and find the motorcycle was sold 2 years ago. This can be done by getting a date stamp in some cases but other places just do this by clearing the board every month or two.

Not just a Thai thing.

Do you have to pay to put an add up there or can you just go and stick it on the board - if you can find a space....

Most places anywhere remove posters after a certain date. No one wants to chase round and find the motorcycle was sold 2 years ago. This can be done by getting a date stamp in some cases but other places just do this by clearing the board every month or two.

Not just a Thai thing.

Harry if you are going to quote me you could at least answer my question........wink.png

Not just a Thai thing.

Harry if you are going to quote me you could at least answer my question........wink.png

I was replying regarding the "If you can find space part". I do pay posters the courtesy of not editing their posts. I do not know whether you can pay to put it up or what but I do know why they do it.

Edited by harrry

rude , i agree

however at this supermarket they remove the adverts every Friday morning and replace them with the next batch of adverts

the adverts have a one week shelf life, then they take them away so they cannot be replaced until they do it

this is done in a strict rotation

so to begin:

first thing to note is there's a three to four week waiting list to display your free advert for one week only

each advert presented has to adhere to the supermarkets accepted size and it has to be laminated

once they are affixed to the board they are signed and dated by the under manager as to be valid for that week

if rogue ads appear on the boards without the signature and date in the same blue felt tip pen used by the boss, they are removed

so if you want your advert to appear every week for say four weeks you wilkl need four laminated copies of the same advert

you will then need to go every saturday for four consecutive weeks

you will leave one correctly sized laminated advert at the information desk near the cashiers and you are entered in "the book" and registered as received on that date

the following week you will have to do the same again with another correctly sized laminated advert

continue to do so for four weeks or until you get fed up

this way when your advert starts in about 4 weeks hence from the first time you registered, you will have already 3 similar adverts backlogged ready to go up weekly as the previous weeks are taken down and dumped

bribery to jump the waiting list or get an immediate re-list does not work here

its frowned upon

you will have to trust me on that......

• Like 1

rude , i agree

however at this supermarket they remove the adverts every Friday morning and replace them with the next batch of adverts

the adverts have a one week shelf life, then they take them away so they cannot be replaced until they do it

this is done in a strict rotation

so to begin:

first thing to note is there's a three to four week waiting list to display your free advert for one week only

each advert presented has to adhere to the supermarkets accepted size and it has to be laminated

once they are affixed to the board they are signed and dated by the under manager as to be valid for that week

if rogue ads appear on the boards without the signature and date in the same blue felt tip pen used by the boss, they are removed

so if you want your advert to appear every week for say four weeks you wilkl need four laminated copies of the same advert

you will then need to go every saturday for four consecutive weeks

you will leave one correctly sized laminated advert at the information desk near the cashiers and you are entered in "the book" and registered as received on that date

the following week you will have to do the same again with another correctly sized laminated advert

continue to do so for four weeks or until you get fed up

this way when your advert starts in about 4 weeks hence from the first time you registered, you will have already 3 similar adverts backlogged ready to go up weekly as the previous weeks are taken down and dumped

bribery to jump the waiting list or get an immediate re-list does not work here

its frowned upon

you will have to trust me on that......

Very informative.

Thanks for the good post. Helps to understand what, why and when :)